main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN TIMMYCON!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dork-Vader, Feb 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Don't we need to have some sort of exclusive content to charge?

2. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Heh. I take it you've never been to ShadowCon.

And they charge at all of the toy fairs, don't they?

3. Obi-G-Y-N

Obi-G-Y-N Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2004
    Mike's always got the info! :)

Man, that's the same weekend as the NCS/SEC cartoonists meeting we're hosting here in town. Could work out nice for us though if we take some postcard flyers down there to the freebie table. I asked them to send me some info on their con. I think I've met all these folks at Metropolis- except Gen. Madine's hairpiece!

Noel Neil (TV Lois Lane) and Sarah Douglas (female villain in Superman, Red Sonja, and the voice of the Queen of the Royal Flush Gang on 'Batman Beyond') both didn't charge for their autographs at Metropolis, and I don't think Margot did, either- but I'm sure at this one they probably will. All were very nice when I met them. I would like to pick up Noel's book, though. After paying for Lou Ferrigno's (TV Hulk) and Jackson Bostwick's (TV Shazam)autographs I was busted!

Heh. I take it you've never been to ShadowCon.

Ouch! Too true, though. I noticed they have the same guests as last year. If I had more BT stuff ready I might've done a table again this year. I sold a few things, but not enough to sit behind a table all weekend- especially not one next to an ex-business associate! Hanging out with the 501st at the belly dancing party that night was worth hanging out for!

That and Rachel playing 'Vampire'!

"Can't see me!" (crosses arms and vanishes)

4. Mace_NickDU

Mace_NickDU Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2004
    Any money I get for christmas is goin intto a clone strike army. I will pray for jedi, but Ill probley just get droids!

5. Obi-G-Y-N

Jan 19, 2004
    I wouldn't mind getting some of those new clone troopers in my stocking. They're so dang cool- love the ARC trooper.

So are we going to have to set aside a gaming area at TC!2 for Nick and Jacob?

6. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Yeah. A single table in the middle for the gamers, as long as they bring the table.

7. Obi-G-Y-N

Jan 19, 2004
    Yep!

Actually depending on where we end up holding it that may not be a bad place to put it...

8. Johnny-Vegas

Johnny-Vegas Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2004
    Can the invitations be selective? ;)

9. Clark_W_Griswold

Clark_W_Griswold Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2001
    Nope. Can't be selective. You gotta take what comes rolling your way.

10. Obi-G-Y-N

Jan 19, 2004
    Or slithering, or waddleing, or- well, you get the picture!

11. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I think bouncing would be apt...

...OFF THE FREAKIN WALLS!

12. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Heh, heh, heh... I take it you've already had your fill of that, Jacob?

13. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    If you're like me it doesn't take much!

14. Johnny-Vegas

Johnny-Vegas Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2004
    Yeah, but I'm jonesin' to play minis so bad that I might subject myself to another hour or two more of it if I was still in Memphis. As it is, the plan is to addict my best friend and my siblings and get together to play with Henry at least once.

My sister is flying into LR tomorrow night--well, tonight--with her hubby. He should like the game. My friend is staying the night here with his wife on their way from Houston to St. Louis Thursday. Welcome to Hotel Chez Mes Peres!

15. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    The museum idea that I just posted in the Rendesvous thread (where Con guests display works and items from their collections in a museum-type setting at a Con for their fans, and to let those who aren't familiar with their work see what they're all about)...

We could do that at TC!2

16. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Yep, now we just need guests with stuff to display and a place to dsiplay it! :)

Dave and I are working on stuff for BT displays. Should have a really cool set up by then.

17. mr_nightmarez

mr_nightmarez Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2003
    Unless I get overpowered by Pat or we can't land a deal this year - I don't see why Nightmarez could not House TIMMYCON 2 - The Con that Could without a think I can -

Especially if we go with a larger lobby! (Possibly more parking too!)

18. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    TIMMYCON owes you and Pat a debt of gratitude, Todd! We'd be delighted, and thankful, if you'd have us back.

19. mr_nightmarez

mr_nightmarez Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2003
    I'm not sure what will happen. We will dig in here in another month and see what turns up - but as of now plan on our lobby again, unless you find a better spot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.