main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends To Live in Fear JA Obi/Qui Author's note 9/27!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedimommie2, May 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimommie2

jedimommie2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    I've revamped the original teaser post just a bit. Hope you all enjoy it!

To Live in Fear JA Obi/Qui

Rating PG-13

Timeframe: Obi-Wan is 16 years old

Prologue:

Obi-Wan slowly came out of the healing trance that he had placed himself in earlier that night. As he lay on his bed, he slowly flexed his wrist noting that the bones seemed to have healed somewhat. However, there was still a great deal of residual pain whenever he moved his wrist a certain way. He would have to be careful the next few days so that he would not do any further damage to his wrist. The Master-Padawan light saber tournament was scheduled to be held approximately three weeks from today. He and Qui-Gon were slated to participate, defending their current title. The two of them had been undefeated for the past two years. Obi-Wan?s thoughts turned from the tournament to his master, Qui-Gon Jinn.

He sat up on the edge of his bed, sending a gentle probe through the Force to determine where his master was. Obi-Wan sighed, releasing the breath he had inadvertently been holding, as he discovered that Qui-Gon was still sleeping. Something was wrong with his master?Obi-Wan knew it. Qui-Gon had not been acting like himself since the first few days of this mission. He had become secretive and withdrawn from his apprentice.

Obi-Wan rubbed his eyes as if that would help clear the cobwebs from his mind. Perhaps it was just stress. Yes, that has to be it. These negotiations had been an unbearable burden on Qui-Gon. Obi-Wan was not allowed to attend because in this society he was looked upon as a child. He did not like this particular rule but he had no choice but to adhere to it. Obi-Wan spent his time doing research for his master to help relieve Qui-Gon of that tedious task. Even though Obi-Wan knew that Qui-Gon was under a great amount of stress on this mission; it did not explain his behavior last night?

Obi-Wan was packing up his things so that he and Qui-Gon could leave at first light. The negotiations were coming to a close and Obi-Wan was looking forward to getting off this planet. After packing his own belongings, Obi-Wan went to his master?s room to begin gathering his things. Checking to see if he had missed anything, Obi-Wan noticed the edge of a couple of data pads sticking out from underneath Qui-Gon?s pillow. Obi-Wan did not think anything of the misplaced data pads and picked them up to put them in Qui-Gon?s travel bag.

?What do you think you are doing??Obi-Wan was startled by the unusual gruffness of Qui-Gon?s voice.

?I?m just gathering up our things, Master,? Obi-Wan replied.

With movements faster than lightening, Qui-Gon grabbed Obi-Wan?s wrist and began applying pressure until the data pads fell out of his hands. ?Those data pads are not your concern, do you understand me??

Tears came to Obi-Wan?s eyes as his Master continued to press even harder, obviously using the Force for added strength. Obi-Wan could feel the bones in his wrist as they began to snap in two. He could only nod his response as the pain his master was bestowing upon him was taking his voice. ?Now, my padawan, I suggest you go to your room and meditate on why you should mind your own business.? Qui-Gon released his apprentice and gathered up the data pads that had been dropped. Obi-Wan stood there, nursing his injured wrist, his expression mixed with pain and confusion. Qui-Gon turned and shouted at the young Jedi, ?Go now!?

Obi-Wan?s brow creased in concern for this was not like his master at all. He went to his room as he had been instructed to do and laid down on his bed. He called upon the Force with the intentions of meditating, but instead he placed himself in a light healing trance. Obi-Wan wanted to be able to pull himself out of the trance quickly in case Qui-Gon needed him. Perhaps after he did this, he could then meditate on what had just happened and why Qui-Gon was acting this way?

Obi-Wan returned to

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Woo-hoo! can't wait! :D :D Great 'teaser'!!! :D

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    ohhh -interesting

4. galaxy_goddess

galaxy_goddess Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2004
    Can't wait for more. I think this will be just as good as your other story, which I am lovin' :D

SimmiVan ;)

5. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    jm2 and Obi angst? I'm in. :D

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Oooh, wonderful teaser. I can't wait to see what comes next. So hurry up and type! LOL! Seriously, great start...need more! SOON!

7. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Kynstar beat me to it, but only because i was still on the road coming back home.

This looks interesting. :) very interesting.

8. Opal

Nov 17, 2003
    That kynstar is awfully sneaky, jacen. You gotta watch her. :p

9. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    What?! Me sneaking? mwhahahahaha!
    [Sam's_voice]"What were you doing anyways?"[/Sam's_voice]
    [Gollum's_voice]"Snnneaaaking."[/Gollum's_voice]

Hehehehehe loooooooooooved that part in RotK!! hehehe

10. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Glad to see such a favorable response to this. Working on it now but won't start posting for a few days. Thanks for your support!!!

11. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Great start!!
    Wait's (not so) patiently for more. :D

12. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    jeday: Thanks! Should be ready to start posting early next week. Like I said, I'm going to finish Ultimate Betrayal up first. So, you may have to do some meditation exercises on patience until then.
    ;)

13. AnariaZar-Rel

AnariaZar-Rel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2004
    Ooooo... sounds interesting. Can't wait to start following this fic :)

14. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    AnariaZar-Rel: Glad you'll be along for the ride. :D

Just a note to tell you that the first post for this story will be sometime Thursday. Thank you all for the positive encouragement and I hope that you will enjoy it!

15. Opal

Nov 17, 2003
    Well, good to see that you getting your tush in gear on this. :p It looks to be a good one. :D

16. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    *Squeezes Teddy Qui* Uh oh... is this gonna be another one full of angst! But that's what we like! Angst and mush!!

17. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Looks interesting! Can't wait for more. :)

~Bek

18. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    Interesting. Sequel or new?

19. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Opal: [face_laugh] Well here is the next part! Hope you enjoy it!

Kynstar: You guessed it--lots of angst and mush and knowing me, a little pain as well. ;)

Bekah_K: Thanks. Here it is!

Jedi_Knight150: Nope this isn't the sequel--this is a brand new one. I think this is the one I told you about in a PM. Hope you enjoy it! ( The Sequel to "Ultimate Betrayal" is in the works!)

A new story begins! I am so encouraged by all your positive comments. I do hope that you enjoy this story as well. I did go back and do a little tweaking of the original teaser post. You may want to reread it. Thanks again for reading--I truly appreciate it!

Obi-Wan walked in his customary place, just to the left and slightly behind his master, as they made their way to the landing platform. This was not something that Qui-Gon insisted upon when they were at the temple, but Obi-Wan was always one to follow protocol when they were in public situations. Obi-Wan?s hood was drawn about his face, not only to protect him from the unpredictable wind gusts of the planet, but so he could watch his master more discreetly. Qui-Gon had not exhibited any behavior even remotely reminiscent of last night. In fact, there was no evidence that Qui-Gon realized that anything had happened at all. Maybe I?m over reacting. I just can?t shake this feeling. It has something to do with whatever is on those data pads. When I picked them up to put in his satchel, that?s when he became angry.

?Obi-Wan? Are you all right?? Qui-Gon asked, placing his hand on his shoulder, startling him out of his reverie.

?Yes, I?m sorry Master. My mind was just wandering,? Obi-Wan replied.

?I could tell. If there is something bothering you, I hope that you know you can talk to me.?

?I know Master. I was just thinking about how good it is to be going home.? Obi-Wan hoped that he was covering well enough that Qui-Gon would not feel the need to push the issue of what really had been on Obi-Wan?s mind.

Qui-Gon nodded as they walked up the entrance ramp of their transport. Their transport was a mid sized freighter that had delivered medical supplies to the planet. They would be the only passengers on the freighter as it returned to Coruscant. The captain of the vessel provided Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon with a room that they could use during their journey. The Jedi placed their meager belongings in the room and prepared for departure.

After a trouble free take off, they were headed towards Coruscant and to the Jedi temple. Obi-wan was truly looking forward to some down time at the temple. He and Qui-Gon had been on consecutive missions for close to a year and they were both exhausted physically and mentally. However, today his master gave no indication of fatigue; which added to Obi-Wan?s growing concern. He watched as his master rose up from his seat and shed his robe. ?Padawan, are you up to sparring today? You know that when we get back that we will only have a couple of weeks to practice.?

Obi-Wan did not particularly want to spar today in order to give his wrist a chance to finishing healing, but he could not refuse his master?s invitation. Shedding his robe as well, he stood up and joined Qui-Gon. Their compartment was not as large as the training areas in the temple, but it was sufficient for the two Jedi to spar. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan drew their sabers and ignited them, bowing slightly to each other.

Their light sabers were a dazzling array of light as they clashed with each other, the hum of the light saber intensified with each blow. Qui-Gon was considered to be among the finest with the saber in the Jedi order. Obi-Wan was also gaining ground in this area with his techniques and abilities being far above his age mates. As accomplished as they were, they did not let their well earned reputations cloud their minds. They were always open to the Force, allowing it to surround them and guide them. Others had commented after watching Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan that it seemed like

20. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh man and he doesn't remember doing that, eh? Man oh man it's gonna kill him once he finds/figures out that *he's* the one hurting Obi. Poor kid... doesn't wanna say cuz Qui think him nutz or get mad. Those 2 are up for a challenge indeed! Great postie!

21. AnariaZar-Rel

AnariaZar-Rel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2004
    Great start, very interesting. I wonder what's on that data pad. Does Qui-Gon remember hurting Obi's wrist, or was he lying? Can't wait for more :)

22. jinny_badpad

jinny_badpad Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2004
    Wow! That's gonna be interesting...
    Is Qui somehow possessed [face_worried] or even kinda schizophrenic?! :eek: *laughs hysterically*

Poor Obiiii!!! :_| :_|

Wonder what this data pad is all about... [face_thinking]

Can't wait for more of this story after this great start and of course I'm anxious to read the sequel of "The ultimate Betrayal" :D

Keep up your good work

Smiles,
    BadPad [face_peace]

23. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    AT first I thought it was a different Qui or he didn't remember. Then I read the last line about avoiding an interfering Padawan. Qui put him into the trance to keep him quiet while he worked. What's going on????

24. Opal

Nov 17, 2003
    Qui's gone off the deep end!? :eek:

25. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    Wouldn't be the first time. In my opinion I think Obi-Wan just has a giant cosmic "kick me" sign on his back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.