main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

To the RotS (Former 3SA) Forum

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthSapient, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    This is officially the last post that will ever be made in this forum. After it, the forum will become inactive and read-only. There are hardly any words that can sum up the feelings I have for this place, the fun times we?ve all shared, and what it meant to participate in the spoiler process.

There are so many threads that come to mind. I got my start by posting in the then PSA, prequel (forum) ? spoilers allowed. Later we called it the 2SA. Of course after AotC was released we then started the 3SA. That forum would account for nearly all of my online time and enjoyment. There were wonderful members along the way, too many to even begin to list. Thank you for all that you did to contribute to the success of the forum and this site.

The spoiler phase for RotS was much more exciting than AotC, as LFL allowed more access to the process via Hyperspace, online chats, and information about the film being provided in media channels. And of course, as always, we had killer spoilers from a wide variety of folks. There were so many great mods, some I haven?t heard from in a year or more that I miss terribly. I thank them, too, for all of their efforts. I remember online novels, the social thread, Yarael Poof is my dad, the Hyperspace webcam thread, the Cartoon Network cartoon, wondering who this new bad guy would be, speculating about whether Anakin would use a red or blue saber against his former master, and countless other memories.

Each day, I couldn?t wait to get here and login. I still feel that way, but nothing will be as special as the days of the 3SA. This forum started the practice of rotating banners, allowing for continual banner submissions, funny banners, serious banners, online games hosted by the mods, and great threads by all of you. I remember the threads about whether there?s still good in Anakin, whether Mace survived, whether the Emperor was defeated or not, and I enjoyed every last debate.

Now we turn a new chapter at TFN. We can always hope for Episodes 7-9, though I seriously doubt I?ll live to see that day. We?ve got a TV series coming. There will always be books. But never forget the years between AotC until today. This forum was the premiere forum and it?s all because of you and the insightful, humorous, lengthy, short, and everything else in between things you did to make this not only my most enjoyable time to be a Star Wars fan, but you made this an era to never forget in the life of this wonderful website. It really was a forum for the fans, by the fans. You made this place the success that it is and I thank every one of you from the bottom of my heart. I appreciate the honor, and it truly is an honor, to have clicked the buttons that started this forum and years later to be the one to close it. Thank you 3SA, from your biggest fan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.