main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT TOP TEN Most Powerful Jedi/Sith on the PT According to me

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Alessandro Sanfilippo, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Alessandro Sanfilippo

Alessandro Sanfilippo Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 16, 2013
    1) PalpaSidious
    2) Mace Windu
    3) Yoda
    4) Anakin Skywalker
    5) Count Dooku
    6) Obi Wan Kenobi
    7) Grevious
    8) Darth Maul
    9) Qui Gon Jin
    10) Kit Fisto

What would you change?

2. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    The degree of "power" to a number of these characters is, in many ways, momentary or conditional. Sidious, for example, might be the most powerful Sith Lord in the galaxy, able to influence and manipulate vast circumstances, and yet in order to rule said galaxy with an iron fist, he requires the strength of Anakin; his drive, heroics, indomitable passion and rawest, most primal connection with the Force. Anakin, I suspect, could possibly defeat Sedious or even Mace Windu in a flat-out saber duel by way of his overwhelming innate abilities, and yet he was ultimately bested by Obi-Wan (who, remember, fell twice to Dooku) because the latter seized a moment of weakness in the former's heated arrogance. Specifically, Obi-Wan is a kind of defense-oriented warrior by his very nature and intuition; in this case, relying on the aggression of Anakin for his own counterattack, whereas Sidious or Windu might have tried to fight fire with fire, so to speak. I think these conditional aspects can be examined to various ends regarding the main characters, while villains like Maul and Grevious are probably not going to rank very high on any level.

Personally, I'd argue that Qui-Gon deserves a higher ranking, if not numero uno, in fact. I base this not on his physical attributes or combat skills (though he is a serious whammer-jammer in a fight) or even his connection with the Force, necessarily, but his understanding of the Force. His overall philosophy. I mean, let's keep in mind, it's Qui-Gon who returns from the netherworld to train Yoda on such matters, who thus trains Obi-Wan, who eventually guides Luke. In general, Qui-Gon seemed to have things figured out long before any other Jedi.

3. Alessandro Sanfilippo

Sep 16, 2013
    I had a lot of time thinkng about Qui Gon Ranking.
    I wanted to put him Higher, but as you may see on the rankings.
    The Jedi/Sith are above others he was able to kill

For example Anakin Killed Dooku Alone. Dooku bested Obi Wan Twice .Obi Wan Was able to Kill Grevius
    Thats why we got like this
    4) Anakin Skywalker
    5) Count Dooku
    6) Obi Wan Kenobi
    7) Grevious

The Reason Anakin is above Obi even though he manages to beat him on Mustafar.

I think that Anakin would had win that fight, if they would had been fighting on a space ship or a normal place.
    The enviroment helped Obi Wan, also Anakin was on Berserk Mode.

In the end I think Anakin is stronger than Obi Wan, but Obi Wan won. Like Underdogs sometimes beats the better team on sports.

Sidious is on the TOP since he Killed: Windu(Kindof). He also Fights Yoda and Wins(Yoda runs aways making him the loser)
    Windu is above Yoda, since he was able to at least had a decent fight with Sidious.

But I dont think Anakin would had been able to beat Yoda, Mace or even Sidious.
    Anakin never learned how to stop Lighting, Sidious would had Fried him.

As for my last pick Kit Fisto can fight underwater and on Land thats OP

4. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Replace Kit Fisto with Ki-Adi Mundi or Plo Koon (personally, I'd say Ki-Adi is the strongest out of the secondary cast).

It's extremely hard to compile such a list, as there's many variables going into it; are each of these Jedi/Sith in their prime? Also, Vader was by all means more powerful than Kenobi, but that didn't stop Obi-Wan from disarming him. Similar situation with Obi-Wan and Maul, but Obi-Wan was merely an apprentice at this point.

I'd also put Grievous at the very bottom at that list. His unorthodox style gave him the edge against many Jedi Knights, but the members of this list would all be well-trained enough to see through his style and find his weakness (inability to use the Force).

Alessandro Sanfilippo likes this.
  5. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    Great point, I've never thought of it like this before.

With that in mind, I'd still say that these rankings are very tough. Most powerful by what criteria? There are simply too many to consider. Too many variables.

Alessandro, you mention enviroment and that it helped Obi-Wan against Anakin, justifying your view of Anakin being the strongest of the two. Well, Yoda was also forced to flee the fight because of the enviroment and overall situation. My point being? Between the most powerful force users, there is always a big component of enviroment at play. Your logic changes between duels, which would make a rock, paper, scissors scenario between Obi-Wan, Anakin and Dooku.
    Based on duels from the movies, we can only say the following by the time of RotS:
    -Dooku clearly > Obi-Wan
    -Anakin > Dooku; which does put Anakin above Obi-Wan, but he loses precisely because of the enviroment and Anakin's inner conflict and overconfidence. Nevertheless, I also consider him above Obi-Wan.
    -Yoda=Palpatine=Windu; Why? There were too many outer elements at play in their duels to make an accurate ranking list.

Alessandro Sanfilippo likes this.
  6. Alessandro Sanfilippo

Sep 16, 2013
    So fighting under nomal conditions. Lets say a Duel arena.

Yoda vs Palatine or Windu vs Palpatine will end on a Stalemate?

Do you guys think Darth Maul would be stronger than Grevious?
    Grevious was able to kill a lot of Jedi he almost killed Ki-Adi Mundi (Well if you see CN Clone Wars) He was a beast. Only Mace Windu could hurt him.

Thats the reason why I put him so high, he was also trained by Count Dooku(One of the best swordmans) and he has Syfo Dias Blood in him.

So can we put them like this
    1) Yoda,Palpatine,Windu
    4) Anakin Skywalker
    5) Count Dooku
    6) Obi Wan Kenobi
    7) Grevious
    8) Darth Maul
    9) Qui Gon Jin
    10) Ki-Adi Mundi

7. Komodo9Joe

Komodo9Joe Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 1, 2013
    Levels are better than numbers because, in the case of the most powerful Jedi/Sith, it's too hard to tell/can go either way. The ranking of the strongest Jedi/Sith go like this:

Level 10/The Chosen One level that only contains one member:
    Anakin Skywalker: Anakin Skywalker is the most gifted and talented Jedi/Sith to have ever existed. Only he can surpass the greatest Force users in the galaxy. By the time of ROTS, Anakin is the strongest Jedi/Sith to have ever existed(he has become even stronger than Yoda, Mace, Sidious, and Dooku(his victory of the latter showed this). The Clone Wars were an excellent way for Anakin to fulfill his potential, and his strength continuously rose. When Anakin turns to the Dark Side(before suit) he has started to truly reach a point where he could become powerful enough to achieve every secret of the Force(including saving others from dying).

But as gifted as Anakin was during at this point, his mental state was not quite able to maximize it yet with Obi-Wan. Aside from being extremely familiar with each other's moves(which is the reason why Obi-Wan could stand against Anakin), Obi-Wan and Anakin had polarizing mindsets which decided the outcome. Obi-Wan was focused and determined, resolved to kill Anakin if he must. But Anakin was hasty and blinded by the fact that he knew he could kill Obi-Wan which led to overconfidence and ultimately a foolish mistake that cost him the duel, his body, and all his power. His loss is attributed to his shaky mental state at the time rather than his power, which was unrivaled by any other Jedi/Sith.

Level 9/The most powerful beings in the Galaxy(and this is basically the highest level as the one above is only privy to one):

Yoda: The eight hundred-something year old master is Grand Master of the Jedi Order for a reason.

Mace Windu: Mace Windu is an extremely talented Jedi; the likes of which are only seen every few centuries. He was blessed with extraordinary amounts of potential, the ability to see "shatterpoints," and is the only one to master a form he created, which is basically a Sith style, Vaapad. The style's focus on basically using the Dark Side is what made Mace so unique as he was the only one who was unable to be corrupted by using such a form.

Darth Sidious: You could argue to place him in a level slightly higher than 9, but he is undoubtedly at home in this level. Darth Sidious was the being that a thousand years of Sith had waited for. He was the one born with the abnormally high amounts of potential who could bring the 'revenge of the sith' to fruition. He is the most powerful Sith Lord in all the history of the Sith; his powers with the Force and the lightsaber are also combined with a genius intellect and cunning. After all, George Lucas basically stated that Darth Sidious is an allegory for the devil and all the darkness in the universe which is what he feeds and thrives upon.

Count Dooku: What I hate about this is how the Count is always overlooked/underrated(I attribute this to people not finding him as 'cool' or 'appealing' as other characters) but he is undeniably in this level. Count Dooku is an immensely powerful being, both physically and mentally, who was initially thought to be the Chosen One and is often referred as the greatest in the galaxy, only matched with Yoda and Mace. Don't be fooled by Dooku being Sidious' apprentice; naturally, Dooku did not initially know much about the Dark Side so Sidious obviously had to teach him, i.e make him his apprentice. In most of Dooku's conversations with Sidious in the EU, Dooku talks to Sidious as more of a man who(he thinks) has mutual interests with him rather than as a master/apprentice, i.e superior/inferior complex. Attack of the Clones further shows that he can match blades with Yoda(although Dooku had to end the duel prematurely, knowing reinforcements would arrive.) Only a man with Dooku's strength and charisma could have successfully launched a secessionist movement and a war and actually survive: For all public intents and purpose, he is the leader of the Separatist movement. I actually have a feeling that had Dooku's goals played out, he would have ultimately turned on Sidious which would have been really something to watch.

These four beings in this level are the undisputed strongest beings in the galaxy and the Star Wars prequel universe continuously supports it.

Level 8: Extremely skilled Jedi/Sith

From here on down, there is far less to go on but here is a few who I would definitely put on this list.

Obi-Wan Kenobi(ROTS)
    Kit Fisto
    Agen Kolar
    Darth Maul
    Ki-Adi-Mundi

I'm not going to go farther than this but what I have stated so far is repeatedly backed up by the events in the films and the EU.

8. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    Alessandro Sanfilippo: Even a duel arena would have to serve us more than just one duel between the same two duelists (especially in the case of Windu, Palpatine and Yoda). I look at it as Ali versus Frazier :) (or some other boxing matchup). There is no guarantee. So I'm not suggesting that there would be a stalemate every time. Sure, it's fun to speculate, but the movies served us what they did.

As for your other question. I'd say Maul beats Grievous. Again, based on what we see in the movies, he was an absolutely fierce duelist and a user of the force. Grievous doesn't possess the latter, which makes him go under Maul in my book.

Great post Komodo9Joe.

9. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    There's a few indicators in the films are the survivors of Geonosis and the Council Members that made it through all three movies. In's also said that Windu brought some of the finest Jedi in the Order to take on Sidious (despite their onscreen performance).

10. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    There are only 4 Sith in the PT, and 4 Jedi the are obviously a head above the rest (Yoda, Windu, Kenobi, Skywalker) and that puts the count at 8. So this list argument is kind of useless.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  11. Aegon Starcaster

Aegon Starcaster Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 27, 2013
    Grevious doesn't meet the criteria laid out in the title.:confused:

12. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    1) Mace Windu
    2) Sidious
    3) Yoda
    4) Skywalker
    5) Dooku
    6) Kenobi
    7) Maul
    8) QGJ

Those are the ones who had any significant action, so I'm gonna stop at eight.

13. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    I keep forgetting that brute strength is so important to so many people.

14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    But you never forget to point stuff like that out.

This thread is worthless without Zett Jukassa.

Aegon Starcaster likes this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm calling Obi-Wan was stronger than Mace because I believe Sidious was playing possum against Mace. Anakin is more powerful than Obi-Wan but his own arrogance and rage got in the way. Sidious tops them all, maybe Yoda notch underneath but that notch was all that was needed.

16. DRush76

Jan 25, 2008

This sounds like a combination of putting Obi-Wan on a pedestal . . . again and another "let's bash the black Jedi" moment. The only thing that makes sense was the comment on Anakin's emotional state on Mustafar.

17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012

Wow? You read racial undertones into my personal fictional character power-level preference? Huh. Okay then. That's odd.

I believe Obi-Wan is more powerful than Windu because he's Obi-Wan Kenobi. Kind of a major character in the Star Wars universe. Who I like more than Windu. Therefore more powerful. Pretty simple, really. It's not scientifically measurable. It's fictional headcanon.

Seriously, wow, dude, where did that come from? Oy.

VanishingReality likes this.
  18. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    Given that this is the PT thread, if you take only what you see on screen as the overarching evidence for or against each of the Jedi or Sith, then I'd look at either Maul or Windu as being two of the most powerful, given that they basically were only brought down by betrayal or their own foolishness. Anakin, Dooku, Obi Wan, Qui Gon, even Yoda and Sidious got (sort of) done by their opponents. Therefore with the movies as the backing, I see no reason why Maul or Windu wouldn't have been top.

Of course, then you look at EU material and everything changes. The other inconsistency, of course, is that everyone fights each other in different time periods, which makes things difficult. And, if you wanna go that way, Yoda is 850 or whatever, so he's got a minor age disadvantage :p

19. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    1. Yoda
    2. Mace Windu
    3. Darth Sidious
    4. Count Dooku
    5. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    6. Anakin Skywalker
    7. Darth Maul
    8. Ki-Adi-Mundi
    9. Plo Koon
    10. Qui-Gon Jinn

I am not including EU showings

20. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    1) At least Obi-wan should be above Anakin, if the Mustafar Battle is any indication.
    2) Maul should be below all the council members. Getting defeated by a padawan is pretty sad.
    3) I don't think Obi-wan is more powerful than Master Windu, because I think it's reasonable to say Yoda and Mace Windu are the two strongest council members by how they are in charge.
    4) Grievous, I love him- but I think a council member will destroy him. Even with how epic he was in Clone Wars miniseries.

21. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Nice to see Darth Grievous on the list.

22. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    Sidious didn't out duel Yoda at all. He landed in a better position from the Force ball explosion. If anything his attempts at running away before the duel even started show that he was afraid to face Yoda.

23. DRush76

Jan 25, 2008

That doesn't make any sense to me. How does your suspicion that Sidious was playing possum with Mace justifies Obi-Wan being more powerful than the latter?

Exactly when did Palpatine/Sidious tried to run from Yoda before their duel?

No . . . I don't.

24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Huh, good point. But, hey, take the wins where you can take 'em, right? All that matters is the scoreboard at the end of the game.

Cuz Obi-Wan is a main character and made it alive through 4 movies (and still hung around as a ghost in 2 more!). And I'm more of an Obi-Wan fan. Like I said, this is not factually scientifically measurable thing, it's fictional go with who you like. Therefore to me Obi-Wan = better. Cuz he's in all the movies and stuff.

Or you can accuse me of being racist again because I like one fictional character more than another. That's always a good, sensible, logical move.

25. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It's during the duel that he tries to flee for a moment. Yoda's response is:

"If so powerful you are, why leave?"

followed by the "Darth Vader will become more powerful than both of us" line

MOC Yak Face likes this.