main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPG TOR RPG Resources

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by KudosDas, Nov 26, 2012.

1. KudosDas

KudosDas Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    Hi all, long time no see! I like the site's new digs!

After a period of semi-retirement with GMing and RPing in general I've finally been dragged out of the shadows as someone willing and able to run a tabletop Star Wars campaign. Given the popularity of SW:TOR with my players I've been asked to run a campaign set just prior to the return of the Sith, around the time of the Return trailer. We've decided to run the game using Saga Edition as most of my players have previous experience with the system.

Being a GM who likes to know as much as possible about such things as droid and starfighter models and designations what, if any, gems exist in terms of source material for TOR? I have the KotoR source book, have played the KotoR games several times, and have read the KotoR comic series so I have plenty of background information at least leading up to the TOR timeline/setting. I've been going over the SW:TOR website, Wookieepedia, and several fan sites, but very little detailed information exists beyond the main NPCs, settings, ships, etc. Background information on minor NPCs/models has so far been incredibly scarce, even just in terms of general information, often limited to screen caps or concept art and a name if I'm lucky. Although I'm not expecting to stumble across something already underway as ambitious as what Fandom Comics did with the Clone Wars era, I'm hoping there's at least a little more information hidden away somewhere than what I've been able to find to date.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

- Kudos

2. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Hey, welcome back :)

Aside from the novels, I don't imagine too much exists at the moment. Republic or Imperial? Can you be more specific on what you need (I know that's often tough, sorry)?

Have you checked out Moridin's swrpgnetwork.com ?

I haven't referred to it for some time, and haven't looked at it for TOR-specific information at all...

3. KudosDas

Jan 14, 2005
    Hey Matt,

The Saga Edition KotoR source book is the closest thing I have but, of course, doesn't deal with anything past the KotoR comic series (at least the first half) and the KotoR games. There isn't anything up on Moridin's site, at least not in the ToR setting. At this point I'm just filling in the blanks as I see them, and doing my best to sort through what's there because it's part of the story and what's simply a mechanic of the story being told as a video game, and especially as an MMO. For example, the image of the more boxy appearance mod for T7 is now the look of the old T4 model droids, one model of which is currently on the players ship, stealing all their unwatched items and spare parts...

If I do come across any sources I'll post up a link, or failing that I may just post some of my own creations/lines of reasoning here.

4. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Check the Revan novel, there are some other novels for TOR too such as fatal alliance, a couple of comic book series...

How much are you bothered about messing with continuity?

Check out the dread guards as potential antagonists...

It's supposed to be pretty peaceful but the Jedi are obviously prepared in terms of armour and the like. What brushfires are the Sith starting to distract the Republic from the real threat? Who is searching for Revan and the Exile after Bastille reported a loss of contact?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

5. KudosDas

Jan 14, 2005
    I've read pretty much all the KotoR comics, but the novels are still on my list of books to read.

As for cannon, I try and avoid messing around with like the plague. There are enough generalities surrounding the events leading up to TOR that I'm not worried about interfering with the established cannon. Where the game is right now, the Sith have just returned to the galaxy, but as of yet the Republic is still in the dark as to who or what this new threat is. The heroes have already run into them in the first session, but will need to do a bit of "bushwhacking" in the Outer Rim before they come into contact with someone else who can help frame the larger threat that's emerging. How the heroes get wrapped up in the larger conflict will be, somewhat, shaped by how they get to that decision making point.

With this thread I was essentially trying to be lazy and see if someone out there had already begun stating some of the stuff we see in TOR into the Saga system, seeing as WotC won't be putting out anymore source books. As I said above, if I get around to doing any serious, independent stats I'll maybe toss them up here for some input/discussion.