main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto *** Toronto FanForce Movie Night -- April 6th ***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Mar 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Our first official movie night of Spring 2001 --- all the pertinent details are posted at the TorontoLine forum http://www.delphi.com/TorontoLine/messages/?msg=448.1

Hope to see you there

2. darthcleo

darthcleo Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 8, 2000
    Make sure it gets posted at Fanforce too ;-)

3. Subject Zero

Subject Zero Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2000
    I shall be there

it's been WAY too long!!!

:)

SZ

4. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    Also posted at Delphi:

I'll come, but I don't think it fits the requirements for a line outing...is it dumb? Does it have action? ;)

Cris~

5. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    You know I'll be there... and I imagine it has action, but I don't think it's that dumb... but c'mon now, really... they aren't ALL dumb action movies.

6. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I'm there. See you Friday.
    Hmmm.. when WAS the last time you uggested anything other than an action film David? Granted they do bring the largest turn out from our crowd don't they?

7. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    curse you people, I could come in that day, but i wouldn't get back in time, cause of an essay due at 3:30 and my mom wouldn't get here till 5:30.

sob sob

8. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    Adam, there's always the bus or train.

SHMII, I'm not sure offhand, but I don't suggest entirely action films. There is also stuff that goes on in the backgroud... I usually don't post about a movienight unless I already know that some of the group either want to see it or are planning to see it at that time anyway.

9. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    People can always say that they are tired of dumb action films and suggest something else.

The past few times, noone else has really showed up, so people went with the dumb-action flick.

10. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Relax David, it was a comment not the spanish inquisition. I was just pointing out we see a lot of action movies.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads hate, hates to leads to fear, no wait...fear leads to hate...no... first you get the money, then you get the women...no that can't be right...(Buffy)

11. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    What's that in the road just ahead?

**** BUMP ****

Just bumping this topic back up to the top

12. Subject Zero

Subject Zero Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2000
    bump again

I be there!

:p

SZ

13. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    I condemn you all to oliver jeweller's!

At least make a sign saying "Adam is here" and carry that around, buy him dinner, pay for his movie ticket, talk to him, laugh at his jokes, give him money just because you want to. Then make sure, when the real Adam comes to the next event, you will do the same, cause you never know if he will be as kind and return the favour some day.

keep the indifferent-one behind the sign alive!! I will live on through the sign!

Honour him.

[cue Gladiator end music]

14. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000

DETAILS

It is confirmed that the movie, Along Came A Spider is playing at the Silver City at 10:10 pm. The film runs for an hour and fourty-five minutes so those of you who need to leave before your carriage turns back into a pumpkin at midnight can do so.

The film is rated R -- apologies to those under 18 who wanted to come... next film night will likely be PG-13 or under.

We will be meeting at the York starting at 6pm tomorrow evening before heading over to Lick's or some nearby eating establishment for dinner. As the film doesn't begin until 10:10, we'll probably take the time to go browsing at Indigo, Toys R Us and other assorted places.

(note: if everyone's terribly disgusted at the late start of the movie, it's also playing at 7:10 -- we could opt for movie first followed by dinner, but as many of us are coming from work or school, I imagine we'll all be pretty hungry to start -- we can make that call tomorrow at 6)

15. EchoBase

EchoBase Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2000
    Oh, darn it. I was thinking of getting involved with the toronto FanForce, but I'm out of town on the 6th. And to make it worse, the theater your going to is in the basement of my apartment building. So close and yet so far... :( How often do you guys do stuff?

16. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    I'll be there, but probably not until 6:15 or 6:30.

Echo: We sometimes see a movie (just as a friendly group) as often as almost every week. Don't worry, you'll catch up with us in no time.

17. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    I'm surprised you haven't run across us before this if you're at Yonge & Eglinton. Don't worry - we plan to have at least one official gathering for each month of the year. Sometimes more than that.

And of course there will always be the line for Ep II ;)

18. EchoBase

EchoBase Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2000
    That should be starting soon, we're shooting for a one year line, right?

19. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    DO NOT IGNORE THE SIGN REUQEST OF ADAM

you have been warned.

20. KingBob

KingBob Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2000
    well, I've been carrying around the sign for a while now, but you have to tell me, do spelling mistakes matter, my sign says:

"A dam is here"

does it make a huge difference?

King Bob

21. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    as you can tell from the above post "ruequest" spelling mistakes do not make much difference on the condition that they do not affect the interpretation of the correctly spelled message.

22. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    ...and you're in Communications?

Cris~

23. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    not yet, year 3. year 3;

24. krax_13

krax_13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2001
    I'll bring a sign damn it! And it shall read: A Dam tour guid for A Dam in the vacinity of A Dam town with A Dam theatre where we will see a Damn movie.

-Joseph

25. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    Well - the gathering has come and gone. Another thread to drop off to the bottom of the board.

A very nice turn out with over a dozen of us therer. It was good to see you all live and in person again. Our next official gathering will be announced shortly. I've got to hit the sack now -- I leave for North Bay in five hours time for a cousin's wedding. I'm sure I'll be able to get a healthy five or ten minutes sleep. Jeez - with the sleep deprivation added into the mix, this is really starting to feel like the original line up :)

Talk with you all when I return from the great unknown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.