main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Toy Collectors

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by RSG-503, Oct 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RSG-503

RSG-503 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2004

I'm wondering who all here are Star Wars toy collectors, I know a lot of folks will buy a figure or two but don't really get into the "hard core" hunting down of figures. Also if you do collect what area of the hobby are you into ... vintage, POTF2, EP I, II, III etc.
    ----------------------
    Most of you know I'm a toy freak lol, in 1991 I started buying the vintage figures and still working on picking up the last couple I need. I also collected the EP III figures. Over the last year I've branched back out into other toy lines ... Mego 8" super heroes, He-Man and GI Joe's from the 80's, so I haven't bought much of the latest Star Wars items out in the stores.

... Just trying to strike up some more collecting chat :D

2. MasterKeyan

MasterKeyan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2006
    As far as this one goes, I really only collect the Jedi...if I find a cool one, I'll snag it up and offer it to others...

Keyan

3. Quick2

Quick2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2006
    I usually collect...Certain Characters from Star Wars.. Leia , Padme, and certain Unleashed products. my highest priced is the Classic Leia 17 inch Sideshow Statue. that was 250.00 . My office is a Star Wars fan paradise. LOLOL...Peace

4. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    This does not have anything to do with Toys......only Trading Cards.

I am trying to get my hands on vintage SW cards (blue, red, yellow, green and orange sets).
    Does anyone know anyone in town who sells them, other than e-bay?

5. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    I do not consider myself to be a toy collector, but I do have a large collection. I've stopped buying them due to other money-requiring things and the fact that I have no money. I mostly have ROTS toys, but I have a good amount of POTF, POTF 2, and TPM. I also have a couple from AOTC and SotE.

Crash, there's a guy in Beaverton that runs a place called Heroes and Hobbies. I've meantioned it before. It's on Cedar Hills Blvd just a block south of that Powells where we saw Tim Zahn. He's only open from 4:30pm - 10:00pm Tuesday - Saturday. I know he's got a great deal of toys, but I've never inquired about cards. The sign does say cards though. It doesn't say Heroes and Hobbies, just Toys Comics Cards (i think).

6. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Thanks Brook, I will give him a call !!

7. Quick2

Sep 14, 2006
    Crash I have original Star wars Blue cards from 77-78. It seemed that I would go everyday to buy a pack.. do you have the Blue set of Trading cards..I also have some yellow and green.... I have no clue how much they are worth but after 30 years I still have them.. Allan

8. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    I hear that JawaFett picked up a bicker scouts blaster in Oregon City the other day.

Now Jawa, shouldn't you be saving your money for your new baby?[face_shame_on_you]

:p

9. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    It is for the new baby. My fun is it's future. I have foreseen this.
    I do collect all kinds of stuff from figures (old & new), comics (old & new), books. Whatever I can get or that something special that catches my eye. I dont intend to be a completist in any category, but I do have the complete set of Marvel Droids comics.

10. Quick2

Sep 14, 2006
    Jawa ..at least you don't collect Happy meal toys..Whew...

11. TatooineForceRecon

TatooineForceRecon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2006
    Quick2 That doesn't surprize me. [face_laugh];)

12. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    I had my eye on that blaster a few weeks ago. But Blue (my wife) was with me, and all she had to do was look at the price and she gave me a great big NOOOOO !![face_beatup]

13. Quick2

Sep 14, 2006

Quick2 That doesn't surprize me. [face_laugh];) [/quote]

LOL[face_dancing] [face_peace]

Of course I have a 5 foot 5 inch Leia too .. [face_love] .. Thanks to my Wife who is totally for it..

14. TheRealRussG

TheRealRussG Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2007
    do you have sets started and looking for misc. cards, or are you looking to buy complete sets?

Rebelscum trading card section would be a good place to try. I have a few Orange, green and yellow you can have for free. PM me if you want them.

---------
    as for toys have any of you found the McQuarrie Stormtrooper yet? I got lucky and found one and it's sweet! It's about the only figure I've seen so far from the 30th line that I want

15. brigandarklung

brigandarklung Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    I got two of the Darth vaders from starwarsshop.com about a week ago, they are really cool and the coin collecting album is sweet looking with the saga mural on the outside.

16. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Thanks for the info.
    I already have a complete set of greens, in mint condition, and a lot of yellows, and some reds and blues, but not in mint condition. Also have a lot of ESB cards. But I am still looking. I just need to find the money to keep shopping on ebay.

17. TheRealRussG

Apr 6, 2007
    I have a fair amount of Orange that your more than welcome to have. I only collect the Blue and red and I've already completed my blue set and just a couple cards from having the red.
    I'm looking forward to the 30th set that's coming out later this year. From the sounds of things the hobby packs will have both autograph and sketch cards as random inserts. Those sketch cards a pretty sweet. My niece pulled a Russell Walks yoda sketch card from the Revenge of the Sith.

18. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Are you suggesting "trading" "trading" cards? [face_dancing]

19. TheRealRussG

Apr 6, 2007
    sure why not ... one more thing to do at a meeting :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.