main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tracking 3d attempt

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by 1337mik3, Dec 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1337mik3

1337mik3 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2004
    alright, this is the first tracking/3d work ive done, so, keep that in mind, its not the best, and the tracking was done in icarus, i must have done something wrong.. anyways, here it is

Click

2. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    Hmm.

Not too bad for starters. Keep at it and it'll be great.

I'd start by getting better background footage. Smooth camera movements and NO ZOOMS can help alot.

To nitpick: The zoom on the ship started before the rest of the film, so it looked like it suddenly grew. Also, the movement tended to be a little less than realistic.

Personally, I'd start with a simple primitive shape first, like a box, to kick down render times with multiple "trial and error" attempts.

Good work, and I can't wait to see more like this.

3. 1337mik3

Jun 17, 2004
    thanks, ya, the reason the zoom was earlier, is because when i put in the spaceship image squence, i then moved my cursor (in AE) down the time line a few frames to see if it was all there, then i put the background footage it, so it moved the footage down some frames, very very dumb mistake.

4. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    Ctrl+Z is our friend. Perhaps the greatest function ever built into our computers.

5. 1337mik3

Jun 17, 2004
    ah i know, but, my pc hasnt been up to par lately, so when i scrubbed through it, it was very laggy, from the lag, i couldnt tell it was off

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.