main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by SithLordDarthRichie, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    The teaser trailer for the new Transformers movie is out now

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/transformersrevengeofthefallen/index.html

Looks good, I am pleased that the Constructicons and the mighty Devastator will feature.

But most important of all, Soundwave is in it!

2. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    New longer trailer now available:

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-GB&vid=0aa9df11-6a21-48c1-a451-150393ec4bb4

Rumour has it that the official full movie trailer will be out with the upcoming Star Trek movie

3. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Isn't the Star Trek movie coming out pretty much the same time (Summer) as the new Transformers movie?

Doesn't really make sense to have a promotional campaign for something two minutes before it happens.

Would make a lot more sense to have it attached to something like "The Watchmen" which will be out a couple of
    months before the Transformers movie.

4. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Star Trek is in May, Transformers is out June 26th I think.

5. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    here somthing to excite you all:

LONG HAUL

[image=http://www.nerdlocker.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/long_haul_by_kazumajr.jpg]

[image=http://www.nerdlocker.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/long_haul_model.jpg]

long hual

I just can't wait for the constructorcon toys !!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I really hope it's better than the last film. That said, could it be any worse?

7. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Apart from Shia LaBoeuf being in it and it having too much focus on insignificant weak humans rather then kickass robots, what exactly was wrong with the last film?

8. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I quite liked Shia in it, tbh. I'm not sure what was wrong with it but there wasn't really anything that grabbed me as being good. There are some things I didn't like, like the scene where the Autobots are Shia's house and they're hiding from his parents, and Optimus Prime's mouth.

9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Yeh they need to keep Optimus' ninja mouthguard on all the time. Moreso now that Soundwave is in it since he is supposed to have one.

10. DarthArsenal6

Oct 16, 2001
    Dam it I be soo vexed if Soundwave took his face plate off !! :mad:

11. darthtoast

darthtoast Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2000
    The new trailer looks amazing!

12. DarthArsenal6

Oct 16, 2001
    It looks like Optimus face plate off is gonna be here for a long time. Whats wrong with Bay
    can?t he ever do things right after learning from his first mistake (movie).

Anyhoo Meggi is back along side with Starscream (wanna bet :D inside joke !) and two other f22 jets
    Whether that be US fighters or Thundercracker and Skywarp remains to be seen. No Soundwave or Arcee Hmmmmmmmmm
    And yes who could forget Devastator
    Here is the toy version of Devastator from the movie:

http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery2/gallery/d/452124-1/Devastator+_Robot_.jpg

oh yes I forgot, the third trailer of this awaited movie enjoy!:

Third Trailer

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Previous trailers showed some of Soundwave's deployable minions, so he should be in it. I guess they're hiding him from the trailers to keep the suprise for when he's in the movie. Not sure what form he's supposed to take since his original tape-deck design is not practical.

I'm annoyed that reborn Megatron will not be Galvatron (Bay thought people would get confused if they changed his name).
    Looks again like there will be too much human involvement in the story, which is what let down the first movie.

14. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    I was gonna say ...
    Shia was the best thing in it. I really like Shia LeBouf in general, though. I think he's a decent young actor

15. DarthArsenal6

Oct 16, 2001
    Its far too early to put Gavatron, I'm just getting use to Hugo Weaver doing the voice of Megatron instead of Frank Welker.

PS could you show me the mini trailer with Soundwave Richie

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I've not seen him in trailers I don't think. But one trailer which I think I linked to already had a dog-like thing which I believe is meant to be one of Soundwave's pets.

Also some people say they've seen shots of a Bird with dreadlocks in one trailer (Razorbeak?).

17. DarthArsenal6

Oct 16, 2001
    Razorbeak ? its Laserbeak :p LOL

and Dreadlocks ???????????? what ? He never had any.
    This is becoming more of Bays Transfomers rather than an adaptaion from the sereis.

18. DarthArsenal6

Oct 16, 2001
    sorry didn't work

19. Black-Tiger

Black-Tiger Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2008
    So far it looks great, much better than what I?ve seen up till now of G.I. Joe.

20. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    My bad, I could never understand Soundwave's voice properly :p

Adaptations are just that, they are not meant to be literal copies they are interpretations using source material. No point in doing an exact copy.

21. DarthArsenal6

Oct 16, 2001
    No no no Richie, having faith to the orginal is not like making a carbon copy
    but to do it in a way that it pleases fans and keep in tact with the story.

Bay is moving away he is changing so much in a point of ridicule
    Its what you have mentined before that you didn't like about the film too much human scene not enough robot dialogue.
    Thats just one of them.

others include Welker not doing Megatron voice (Which in my opion is the best still now)
    and Optimus Prime removing his face-plate was one that got me annoyed.

As for soundwave being something else rather than a tape deck I'm ok with as it is changing time, like I accepted Starscream being a f22 than a f15 .

If bay wants go for a change i hope he uses his common sence.

22. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Starscream is still a Jet fighter, the model of jet is hardly significant.

I'm not so bothered by voices as long as the characters seem and pretty much look like the original version. My problem with Megatron is that apart from his helmet style head he looked nothing like the comic/cartoon version, at least Optimus looks a lot like he should.

I think it should've been set on Cybertron at least for the first movie and moved to Earth for this one. That way humans would be limited or non-existant in ti. Problem is studios think actor face-time sells so they cram the big name stars into as much of the movie as possible. That is not neccessarily Bay's fault as he has limited control over what studios want.

Look at Spider-Man 3, almost the whole time Venom was in the movie he wasn't totally in Venom form. Why? Because the studios wanted Topher Grace to get as much face-time as possible. Never mind the fact that Venom is cool with his slober-mouth and teeth, Topher needs face-time so studios can make more money (or think they will).

Same thing with Ghost Rider, Cage spent too much time as himself and not enough as Ghost Rider because face-time was more important.

23. Black-Tiger

Black-Tiger Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2008
    Whatever, I'm still hopeful for the outcome of the finished movie.

Who is Topher Grace anyway? :confused: Before Spiderman 3 I'd never heard of him.

Another reason why Ghost Rider flopped was because they didn't stay dark and made it humorous. Bad move for an anti-hero who turns into a flaming skeleton.

24. Moylesy

Moylesy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2001
    I can understand someone getting upset over a film adaption of a Classic Novel, long-running graphic novel or established live action series but it's a kid's cartoon isn't it?

25. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It was a comic first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.