main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA TV Shows

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jedi Daniel, Jun 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I remember awhile ago some of you were talking about an old show called 'The Banana Splits'. Well tonight I watched an episode of 'The Banana Splits'. It started Monday on Foxtel. It's one of the funniest shows I have ever seen.

2. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    A somewhat edited version of Banana Splits has been on for a few weeks as part of the "Boomerang(?)" timeslot on foxtel. There's been the Arabian Nights and Danger Island with only a couple of the other skits.. not the full show that used to be on :(

3. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Yeah that would be the one Grizzly. I didn't know that it was edited since it was the first time I had seen it but my mum has mentioned the program a few times in conversation since she watched it as a kid.

4. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I only vaguely remember it. Can't forget the theme song though.

5. Jarsis_Stolle

Jarsis_Stolle Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2003
    Banana Splits LOL

I was forever wishing I had one of those buggies they drive and cut sick in and around. 20 something years later I still aint got one.

:(

6. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    I have the first 4 episodes of Banana Splits on video, picked it up ages ago..... It rocks!!!

Little known fact: there was a company (not sure if it still exists) that makes those buggies and you order them in kit form and assemble them yourselves. Apparantly 98% of thier business was from people who had seen the Banana Splits :D

DS

7. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    Probably that one in Malaga that does the junior sized dune buggies?

I bought a 3 pack box set for my nieces a couple of xmases ago.. they had a series of full episodes on the first 2 tapes and the whole of Danger Island on the 3rd.

8. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    What new TV Shows is everyone watching these days?

9. monkey_abbot

monkey_abbot Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    i can't really think of many

Sunrise :p!

10. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Futurma is back on ... again. Seven keep moving it around, but as long as it's shown sometime, somewhere, I'm happy. Starting tonight, 10.30ish after Will & Grace. Let's hope it stays on for more then 2 weeks.

11. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Yeah I just noticed it in the TV Guide. Nice to see it back on. And as you said, let's hope it last more than 2 weeks. Futurama deserves better treatment.

12. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Well, Season 2 and it looks like Enterprise is scraping the bottom of the barrel for plots Season2 Episode 23: Regeneration.. enterprise crew meet the borg... [face_plain] Even though the Next Gen crew were the first to encounter the borg.. Wonder how they'll explain that..

13. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    I'm guessing they get a memory wipe in a future episode, either that or no-one logs the encounter.

Or, as you put it, the writers are getting slack.

Speaking of Star Trek, Deep Space Nine Season 1 DVD set should be out this week, and if the Next Gen series is anything to go by, this should be a very good collection (incl. extras). There's plenty of episodes I am yet to see, so eventually I'll pick them all up.

14. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Yeah, the next gen ones are pretty good. I picked up season 1 in albany at Southern Sound.. They had 50% off every dvd (apparently they do it every now and again) so I got it for $125.. which is $90 cheaper than I can find it anywhere else..

15. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    So who has been watching Doctor Who on the ABC lately? I've never seen the show before but I wanted to see why it had such a big cult following. I've been impressed with it so far. It would have been cutting edge in it's time. I look forward to more :)

16. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I've only seen a bit of it but that's the very first series they're showing. When I was a kid, the series they were showing was much later and in colour. The special effects hadn't improved though. :p
    I grew up with the doctor being played by Tom Baker though I also saw some episodes with John Pertwee (spelling?) as the doctor. I think Tom Baker would be the most famous doctor.
    My favourite doctor who episode though would have to be the one done for comedy relief a few years back!

17. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Patrick Trauton would be my favourite.. just his manner is great to watch..

Still, yeah, Tom baker and John Pertwee are 2 of my favorites too :)

Dont mind these original ones either.. Although, I have these ones showing.. I just hope they go through as many of the first Doctors eps as they have.. :)

18. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Daleks all this week :)

19. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Anyone been keeping up with Stargate SG-1 here?

The last few weeks have been huge and they only get bigger and better. This new badguy, Anubis looks very good.

20. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I've never watched it on tv, only on video and the video library's are a fair way behind the tv stations. The last episode we saw was the wormhole extreme one which was funny.
    I never watch anything on tv any more because I get sick of missing episodes, which is usually because the station decided to put on tennis instead and changed the time at the last minute. Often I download episodes but that's a huge strain on download quotas.

21. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Stargate on TV is catching up with me.. sigh.. still going to have to wait for a few weeks to get to the bits Im upto though :(

But yeah, its getting good :)

22. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    It's great to see Daniel back in the show full time. When he first left I started to lose interest, but I've picked it back up over the last month and I'm glad I did, some great stories indeed.

23. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    If you watch enterprise you might have noticed they reached the end of Season 2 the other night, and I can assure you that S3 has a completely new theme tune!
    Well not really, but they did put a drum beat to the old one... ;) here

To be honest, so far through S3, it seems a bit better than the previous ones.. (although Depal seems to want to remove as much of her clothing as possible just about every episode for some reason.. /shrug, its not a bad thing, but it does cheapen the show a little)
    Giving the program a running story/plot probably helps the stories by forcing them into situations that they normally wouldnt go into does give it a bit more of a purpose.. but I wonder how long they can drag it out..

24. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Depal??? Who is that? Do you mean T'Pol?

Yeah I heard about the changed theme tune. The new one is even worse I think. They should of just stuck with an instrumental piece like previous series.

I did read/heard somewhere that they are getting in new writers. Does anyone know if this is true? I've read up on Season 3 and it sounds like they are ripping off Farscape directly which is ashame.

25. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Star Wars: Clone Wars premieres on Cartoon Network on November 10th.

StarWars.com has an updated section devoted to the new SW animated series with character, spaceship, planet and timeline descriptions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.