main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Two Towers Line Party Discussion

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Fluke_Groundrunner, Oct 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I have created a "line party" page on a LotR website. This forum is listed as the official place to discuss the "line party", so we might be getting some new people over here talking about it. You can add your name to the line party by going here

In this thread you can discuss whatever you would like pertaining to opening night for The Two Towers. If Loews would work with us, perhaps we could have a costume party with the winner recieving free movie passes. I know, I know, that's a really big maybe, but you never know.

2. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Will be playing the 'loew's game' again tonight & trying to get ahold of another manager, since that one seems never to be there. :p

3. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Signed up to be in your line . . .

4. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'll sign up in a few mintues, you know I'll be at Loews opening night. It was fun for Star Wars.

5. karateyoda17

karateyoda17 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    I really REALLY hope I can make it, but im not 100%, I will see it opening day, but maybe not opening night. Opeing night is A.The night of my birthday and B.A school night :( . But heck, maybe dad will be cool about it and let me go. I sure hope, im SO excited for TTT its not even funny.

6. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    Well, apparently the manager that is in charge of 'openings' and such, a lady named Lisa Bliss, is not in, and will not be in until Monday.

Grr.

7. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    I saw an add for the opening of James Bond at Loews where they are charging $20 for the movie, a buffet and live band. If they can do something like this for James Bond, then I would say it is looking good for The Two Towers. If anyone hears anything please post here ASAP so everyone who wants to go can get tickets.

8. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    (ok, now that midnight tickets won't be going on sale today I am moving my 'today' thread to here with the messages. Just continue any discussion here.)
    ============================================

Fluke_Groundrunner
    Date Posted: 10:32am

I know that we have another thread about this, but I just want to make sure everyonoe who is interested gets a chance to see this before it might be too late, and then this thread can be deleted or moved. Tickets for The Two Towers will be on sale today (Tuesday) after 6pm. As usual, when I called Loews they were not able to confirm if the show times will include a midnight showing, but I will call back later to find out. Again, if they are only selling tickets for the showings during the day, it's a safe bet that tickets for a midnight showing will be on sale at a later date and Loews is just trying to sell out opening day before they announce it.

=============================================

Fluke_Groundrunner
    Date Posted: 10:52am

It looks like Loews is going with the old "we aren't having a midnight showing" routuine right now in order to trick people into buying tickets for opening day and then having to buy more if they want to see it at midnight. I HATE them. I am confident that tickets will be on sale for midnight soon though and perhaps the padawan in charge of this will be able to find out more info.

============================================

Saberpilot
    Date Posted: 11:11am

Okay, just talked to my master who just talked to Lisa, the lady in charge. We were afraid that perhaps they would not talk to me just because I sound like a young child (no offense to me.. none taken ^_~)
    They are getting approval for the Midnight showing this Friday, tickets should be on sale either this Friday, or this weekend Sat-Sun-Mon.

=============================================

Fluke_Groundrunner
    Date Posted: 11:30am

Ok, I will keep tabs on them just in case they get "approval" before Friday.

9. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    Well, I will at least be going with another friend.. my teacher may be there, as well as some other people..

10. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    Just out of curiosity, is one person going to get the tickets and be reimbersed(sp?) for them, or is it everyone for themselves? Just wondering.

11. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    Well, all I can say is that I don't have credit card but that I'll be paying for my ticket there.. there should be online tickets to be bought this weekend. I'm going down in person & buying mine.

12. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Midnight tickets are NOW ON SALE! I know, I know, they said Friday but Loews is Loews. They have a buffet showing with normal tickets priced at $20. If you want the VIP tickets please email or PM me and I will give you the info. Some of you I will PM on my own.

13. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    I wish I could go to the midnight showing! i LOVE Elijah Wood, and the whole fact that I don't have any school is even better, but my parents said "no" because thats my dad's office party!

14. Pandora_Maul

Pandora_Maul Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2002
    I'm going to the midnight showing, I'll buy my ticket online sometime this week. That way I will definatley be going so you all can see my new look.

15. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    You can't by tickets for the midnight online, at least I don't think you can. Don't wait too long or it could be sold out.

16. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah Fluke ~ sorry I couldn't post sooner - it seems there's a higher power than Lisa at Loews = goes by the name of Jim. I told him we had between 30 - 60 people interested in the buffet and midnight showing and if we didn't have answer by today we were going to Distinta = I got a call back within an hour saying they were doing the midnight thingy :D Guess money does talk :D I just didn't get a chance to get online last night sorry = my bad

17. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Well, I for one am glad Loews appears to be listening. Looks like they are finally grasping the idea of customer satisfaction.

Fluke count me and my fiancee in. If you can get tickets for me great, if not, please PM me with the info today by 2pm. (I'll be getting out of work early and will be out of the city for the holiday, as well, I won't be on the boards til next Monday.)

18. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    I'm out for this one- I've got work the next day. I'll catch it during the weekend sometime.

19. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    So who all bought tickets?

20. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    Okay, I already reserved mine on Wednesday. This is how they're doing it, in case you guys aren't familiar with the way they're doing it. They did it the same way for Ep. II.
    You can call with your credit card/visit with credit card or cash..
    Once you call, they will ask for your last name, first, and a telephone number.
    What they do is put however much you paid (as in $20, $25, whatever) in as gift certificates in their office. Come opening day/night, check in at their service desk, and they will give you a bracelet/ticket (at least, that's how Ep. II was) and then you can go up to the buffet starting @ ten, movie starts @ midnight. Be early in line for good seats. ^_~
    I'm figuring out a meeting place. The back of the theatre facing the smokestacks sounds good to me. What say you?
    My friend Lynn & I already have our tickets. :)

21. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    As of this moment in time, I havent' yet bought my ticket, but I'm going to get it Friday morning (or whenever they open)

I took a personal day for the 18th ;)

22. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    I'm going to try to get stacie and i tickets tonight if possible.

23. Pandora_Maul

Pandora_Maul Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2002
    If I decide to go to the midnight premire (which looks like a 99.9% chance that I will (trying to figure out how I am going to get home), then I will be buying my ticket on Monday. Hopefully see you all there.

24. Mara-hari

Mara-hari Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    I'm out for this one as well. I work late on Wed. night and all day on Thursday - I envy all of you! Have a good time.

25. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    Okay- everyone who's getting tickets.. where & when would you like to meet?
    I'm suggesting the back of the theatre at about 9:45. This good for all of you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.