main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Under age drinking.

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Captain-Communist, Jun 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obhavekenobi78

obhavekenobi78 Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2002
    Wow! Jedi_Master_Mom, great substance. I would like to see an intelligent refutal of that information. Seems pretty airtight.

As far as alcohol not being addictive, that is complete and utter nonsense. Even if a chemical response wasn't present in the act of drinking, that wouldn't reprieve the partaker from becoming addicted. Could anyone contend that a child sucks a thumb due to an addictive substance? Nope.

2. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    Face it a party without alcohol is a lot less fun then a party with alcohol.

I would strongly disagree with this statement!

me too! some of the most fun parties i've ever been to involved no alcohol at all! many, many hits of ecstasy, and sexy naked bodies writhing around, but no alcohol at all. ~smirks~

no, in all seriousness...

most of the kids i knew whose parents were relatively lax about underage drinking drank in high school, got messed up a bunch of times, and for a while reveled in the outlaw chic of drinking underage. by the time they were college-aged they had learned where their limits were through trial-and-error. since the rebel mystique of drinking gets old really, really quickly they got over having to prove how cool they were by consuming massive quantities of alcohol pretty early and mellowed out naturally over time.

the people from really repressive backgrounds and really strict households, on the other hand, never learned self-control because their parents had never allowed them to make their own mistakes and learn their own limits. those kids were always the ones who spent way too many nights in college paying homage to the porcelain goddess after excessive binge drinking.

3. Master-Jedi-Smith

Master-Jedi-Smith Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2002
    If that ain't the truth, I don't know what is! :)

I'm still paying for having a strict household. :p

At any rate, as I have said before, I started drinking when I went to college, and I was 18 years old, technically an adult.

I was old enough to make my own decision on whether or not I wanted to drink and run the risk of getting caught. Plus, the only people you really have to answer to are the police and the courts if you do get caught, and not to your parents or school.

So, once again, you shouldn't really drink under age, but if you do, at least try to be somewhat responsible. I can't say I always am, but in my 10 years of drinking, I have never gotten a DWI, under age ticket, public intox ticket, public unination ticket, or even gotten into one fight. Now, call me lucky, but I try to at least control my actions when I drink, and stay somewhat coherent, but that doesn't always happen. ;)

Latre! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.