main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Undercover Operations (a pre-ESB H/L story)--Author Notes and a Request for Help! July 1st

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by QueenOfAces, Jul 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QueenOfAces

QueenOfAces Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2003
    I'm back!!!! I had an absolutely fabulous time in California--hiking in Yosemite, biking along the coast in Monterey, learning all sorts of useful history at Stanford! What a great trip!

Needless to say, I wasn't overly thrilled to come back to the hot weather and non-existent scenery. Still, a nice little surprise eased the pain of my return:

A great big thank you to those folks who nominated Undercover Operations for @};- Best Romance!@};- :)

After seeing the list of my competitors, I hold no hope of actually winning. Fortunately, the nomination gives me plenty of motivation to keep writing. I'll start work on that PM tomorrow. You guys didn't provide too much specific direction, so you've left me lots of room to be creative. Give me a week and I'll get you that PM!

Also, I'd also like to request some help from my kind readers. I have NO idea what excerpt to include for my nomination. Any suggestions would be welcome. What scenes did you like?

OK, now for all of the personal thanks:

danish_head: Yes, Leia's memories have always been there, but she could never consciously access them. I'm so glad you liked the scene.

You are welcome! Thanks so much for reading!

Melodious: Normally, I wouldn't be in favor of interrupting the learning process, but I have to admit that I'm flattered that you would neglect school for my little story! :) As for the tangent, I'm sorry I couldn't comply with your wish. If it makes you feel any better, I do have some ideas for some new stories, and I'm glad that I'm finally free to pursue them. Don't worry, I'm not quitting the fan fic biz anytime soon.

Also, thank you for your kind comment about Beginnings. It was my first story, and I really think it holds together better than this one. It's nice to know people are still reading it.

Wow! First poster again! You're fast, girl! Yep, "extended" scenes are on the way...go ahead, shout if you want to!

mirax399: Sorry that you still have to wait for the PM, but I hope it will be worth it. Also, I'd love that update on how your teaching block went. I hope your summer is going well.

RogueSticks: Ah, Sticksy! I does my heart good to see my favorite terrorist happy! You know, I'm going to have to keep up with this writing thing just so I can have the pleasure of reading your funny comments. Also, I noticed that they've created several rather violent smilies. I'll post them in honor of my most dangerous poster, as they remind me of you! [face_skull][face_beatup]8-}[face_devil]

IrishEyedJedi: Don't worry too much. Even though there aren't a large number of H/L writers, we are really lucky to have some promising new authors ;) and some fabulously experienced authors as well--J_Girl is posting again and LP is back on schedule. All is right with the world, my friend.

Besides, I'm not done with my writing. Now that I've finished this story, I can finally pursue some of those plot bunnies that have been harassing me for awhile now.

Speaking of which, I probably won't do an epilogue with the kids because I'm planning on writing a story about it at some point...it's one of those nagging bunnies. We'll see. Thanks for all of your kind comments!

dm1: Ah, dm1, you picked my favorite line from the next to last post. They really are wonderful for each other!

Actually, I thought Sticksy's hijacking was one of the best parts of the story...I was certainly the easiest to write! As for the PM, I've got two scenes in mind that I think you'll like.

Also, don't worry...I've got plenty of ideas for fics. I just have to figure out which one I want to write first. Thank you so much for your faithful readership. Your comments helped keep me going! :)

As for archiving, I hadn't even thought about it. I would like to see this entire story posted somewhere, but I don't hav

2. PeriwinklSummer

PeriwinklSummer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2004
    =D=

Bravo, bravo!!! (or it is brava?)

Anyway, congratulations on finishing the story. It's been a wild ride and I've enjoyed every single minute of it. Put me on the PM list!!! =P~ [face_love]

3. Chewie-Fan

Chewie-Fan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2005
    Wanted you to know that this story brought me out of lurk-dom for my first post... Only found these boards last month, and I'm addicted. Your story was one of the first to catch my eye, and I loved how you integrated the story line into the OT. You should definitely have it archived... I've been a major H/L fan since 1977 (Yeah, I'm old), and you have lots of competition among the H/L writers, but you are up there with the best! How do I get on the PM list?

4. PrincessDaisy2

PrincessDaisy2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2004
    Hey, I'm glad you enjoyed it in California! Too bad you didn't get to visit P-town...the cows missed you! We are having nice weather right now...sadly I'm too apathetic to go outside and enjoy it with my plane ride/trip induced coma. SF wasn't too foggy, huh? Awesome. And that's all right about the souveneir, I was just kidding. It would be kind of strange to get a souveneir from the place you live, now wouldn't it? Thanks for the rose, though!

As for my trip, my favorite places in Italy were Capri (I could easily live there) and Florence, and my favorite places in Greece were Delphi and the Greek islands. Athens and Rome were kind of a disappointment, though the historical sights were amazing, I suppose because I'm so used to big cities and I wanted to experience something new. But overall it was a really good trip - the weather wasn't as bad as I thought it would be (if you ignore the flash storms in Rome), and it wasn't as smoke-laden as I was expecting. We even went to Turkey, which was quite an experience. There was a lot of drama with all the high school-age girls, but after everything was done it just served to make the trip more interesting. There's so much more I could write, but I won't take up too much space on your story. ;)

Well, as the exerpt goes...the one scene that always sticks out in my mind when I think of this story is the waterfall scene where Han confesses his love, and they kiss. It was so romantic, and I think that it's perfect for the "best romance" category. That's just my two cents. I wish the best of luck to you! I hope you win!

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Ack! I thought I responded to this! Great conclusion, made me smirk.

6. Melodious

Melodious Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Still looking for a scene! if your allowed to write a new scene i say Epilodue all the way.

But than again if your looking for something already written i'd say maybe in Ord Mandell when the they were hiking! The first kisses type of stuff! Nothing beats that kind of mush. OR use one of the last posts. They are probably my favorite for H/L fluff.

Glad to hear that California was great! Did you spend much time at the beach?

And Happy belated July 1st for the Canucks, and Happy July 4th for the Americans!

7. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    I've been putting this post off in hopes it wasn't really over. :( It's such a cute story. I've always enjoyed reading it. It was a nice ending though. :)

Glad to see you made it back from your trip. Congratulations on your nomination! :D

J_Girl

8. HanSolosGal

HanSolosGal Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 22, 2004
    *is stubborn* I still and won't take this story off of my bookmarks! [face_not_talking]

9. MVG

MVG Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2005
    Hi,
    I just got back from vacation and saw this story was finished. I must say, I loved reading it. Is it too late for the pm?
    Thanks,
    MVG

10. PrincessDaisy2

PrincessDaisy2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2004
    Hey, QueenOfAces! :D I hope that your writer's block goes away soon, because I can't wait for more! I'm sure many others are eager as well, but take your time and write whenever something comes to you. This is such a wonderful story!

11. LOM

LOM Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2005
    I also registered *just* so I could request any and all PM's that have to do with this story... it has been awesome!
    Please send me all of the PM's for this story that you can, thank you SO much!

12. Pairx2

Pairx2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2003
    OH -- I LOOOOVE your fics! Even came out of lurkerhood for this!

Please keep writing more more more and PUHLEEEZE PM me!

Laura

13. kimmi

kimmi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2004
    HOPE YOU'VE GOT SOME NEW IDEA'S rEADY FOR ANOTHER STORY.PM ME TOO,PLEASE[face_praying]

14. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Hello there, QueenofAces! Just dropping a note seeing how you're doing. I've seen you around a bit, glad to know you're still alive. [face_laugh] Don't stress about the PM -> we'll all wait forever for that thing, I'm sure. :D

*KR*

15. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Hi, there! Hope the new school year is off to a great start! Please let us know when you start a new fic. You can let us know on LP's site, too, that way, we can all link up to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.