main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Unit 117. SpecOps- Now accepting new players

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by MCPO_John_117, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radiance

Radiance Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2007
    IC:Tracyn

Traycn sprinted around the corner and broke his pace as he raised his weapon. This was a maze of what looked like permacrete walls. An old style bunker. Decently narrow hallways leading to large open rooms. Tracyn took point as he walked heel to heel with his eyes down the sights of his M5. Another corner ahead of them. He stopped at the edge and poked his finger sensor around the bend. Two droids. He held up two fingers to Medcraft and dropped to a knee. Tracyn rolled off of his knee and came up firing at the two. The one on the right he hit in the knee and dropped it to the ground, the second he nailed in the head and it clanked to its back. Quickly Tracyn got to his feet and ran over to the one now getting back to its feet and leveling its blaster. His leg shot out and knocked the blaster arm away in an arc. The ARC followed through by using that momentum and delivering a back spin kick to the control cluster on the droids chest, as it hit the ground he ripped his pistol from his holster and pumped 5 rounds into the enemy.

"All clear ma'am if I had to guess, the Major isnt going to be in the main room. Because thats exactly where we are headed. He is good but he cant take us both at once. We should watch our backs as we move. Rear guard you know?"

IC:Alpha-99

Alpha turned slowly and cocked his head sideways at Boom.

One of a kind...

"You are determined to be a part of this exercise arent you Boom... Alllrightt then. Stay here with your circuits on the shield generator in that chassis of yours. Guard the objective. When they get here, this is what I want you to do.... "

Alpha spoke quietly to the droid over closed comlink so no one could overhear.

Then the ground shook with a thermal detonator.

"Now off you go. Shoo Shoo!"

99 walked to the door and pulled his borrowed blaster pistol from its holster and ran down the hallway. By his estimates the "Insurgents" were halfway through the bunker. He had a little room to play with. He left the prox mines in place and they switched off as he ran by. Then reactivated as he was out of their range. He was a short distance from the objective room and Boom.

This will do nicely, yes here will be the spot.

And with that 99 started to prepare himself for the reason why he set up this exercise for.

tag boom, alixe

2. MCPO_John_117

MCPO_John_117 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2007
    IC: Colonel John Spartan
    Theta Base

John landed the shuttle in the base hanger. He was still digesting the info that his superiors had given him. Among that info was positive proof that Dacen was already dead and that the rescue mission was a trap. The other part of the info was a bit more complicated.
    John had just walked down the shuttle ramp when the base rocked a little. He grabbed his comm.
    ?This is Colonel Spartan what?s going on??
    The voice of the Duty Officer came back at him.
    ?Sir, the Major is conducting a training Sim. The blast came from there.?

John made his way to the simulator control room. He found Darken there watching the session as well. John looked at the monitors?.Ah 99 was working out the new guys. He had seen the files 99 had forwarded to him on the clones. He sat down in the controllers chair to watch the session unfold. He would wait for 99 to finish before filling him in on their new mission.

Tag: any

3. nancyallen

nancyallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2007
    IC: Alixe
    Bunkers

Alixe nodded and waved for Tracyn to follow, walking as though she hadn't a care in the world. She walked halfway down the corridor before suddenly firing the carbine behind her, not even bothering to check her aim. That was her way of taking Tracyn's advice and scanned the corridor for whoever might be following.
    "Hmm." Turning Alixe noticed the mines and figured they were getting close. Won't Alpha get a fright when she rolled that last thermal into the main room. First thing's first though. She peeled off the snipers helmet and crouched down. "If he is stupid the mines will draw him out to investigate." But Alixe pegged the Clone as being smarter than that. Nonetheless she signaled Tracyn to cover the area, before hurling the helmet onto the mines.

Tag: Tracyn, Alpha 99, Boom, Spartan

4. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    IC: Alpha-99
    Unknown

The mines beeped as they "detonated" and switched to red. Following which a very real explosion erupted from above the pair.

99 dropped from the vent and the hole he created right above Tracyn. The private started spraying stun bolts at the ceiling but was to late. The Major kicked his rifle away on the way down, spun him around as he landed and put him in a headlock. Pulling a pistol from his holster and pressing it against the ARC's helmet. He pulled his own black armor down around Tracyns frame so he presented the smallest target possible if Medcraft got trigger happy. He started backing away, forcing Tracyn to follow.

"Um... Ow Sir...."

"You will live Private. What will it be Leuitenant? Save the man or complete the mission? If you come after me, I can get a clear shot on you. If you go after the objective theres more guarding it and will take time to get around and Tracyn will be captured, tortured and then killed. MAKE A DECISION!"

Alpha-99 continued to back down the hallway with Tracyn in tow. Waiting for Alixe to make a move.

Tag Medcraft

5. nancyallen

Nov 19, 2007
    Bunkers

"Part of the job," Alixe said with a shrug, carbine in one hand, the other reaching for her last thermal. "Let him go or die, right now." Not waiting to give Alpha a choice she hurled the metal sphere at him. She wouldn't really set it off and kill both of them of course, but she wagered that she would seem unbalenced enough to do just that, or at the very least scare him enough to buy some time. Alixe broke into a run for the objective, not waiting to see how Alpha would react or if Tracyn managed to escape.

Tag: Tracyn, Alpha, Boom, Spartan

6. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007

99 grimaced under his visor. She had been willing to take out a high density explosive to take out one person and would have sacrificed a teammate to complete the objective.

He let go of Tracyn and caught the explosive with his free hand. "Stand down Private. Boom do it."

In the other room just as Medcraft opened the door Boom shot the computer console and trained another weapon on her, on top of that the automated turret that had previously been trained on the vent now swiveled and locked on to her. 99 let his thumb flick the safety settings that had been on the blaster. It was on stun before. Now it was on kill. The Major grabbed Medcraft by the arm and spun her around into the wall. His blaster now pressed against her head square between the eyes, his arm fully extended.

"This exercise is over. You fail with a startling degree. This was not a test of your physical skill Leuitenant, it was a test of your leadership capabilities. First off you left a junior soldier to fend for himself, then not only did you sacrifice him, but you also used a high density explosive to do so, ENSURING that he didn't survive. I have to ask, if he had been a normal man and not a clone would you have done the same? Or how about Boom for that matter, one of your squadmates is a droid, does that make him expendable?"

99 let venom seep into his voice.

"You are a part of a team. Not a standalone failsafe. Your squadmates depend on you just like you depend on them. There is no in between. These are people that give their lives to make sure that YOU survive. I know from experience. And I hope next time it will be my life in the balance instead of theirs. Darkan saved us all on our first mission at the expense of his own life. But that IS NOT SOMETHING WE SIMPLY TOSS TO THE WIND! Not only did you wave aside the life of your comrade like it was nothing, but you utterly and completely failed in securing the objective and got yourself killed. There may not always be a backup to destroy the objective, but you need to plan for it. When I took Tracyn hostage, I TOLD you, that there were things behind the door that would take time. And yet you still charged. The intel from the enemy is not to be relied on but in a practical situation like this you need to assume he isnt lying. If you had somehow managed to take out the turret, boom would have wasted you, and vice versa. THAT IS WHY WE NEED EACH OTHER. No one is good enough to do our missions by themselves."

His trigger finger rested on the only thing that stood between Alixe Medcraft and her brain matter against the wall to which she was pinned. The blaster started to whine as it began to power up.

"Learn your lesson well Medcraft... becuase if you EVER... sacrifice any of your squadmates again......"

His thumb flicked the weapon back to safe and lowered his arm, pulling his helmet visor inches from her face.

".... I will kill you myself....... Dismissed..."

Major Alpha-99 strode out of the hallway as the simulation ended. Tracyn was standing stock still with the explosive in his hand that 99 had passed to him before he went after Alixe. He was standing tall as normal, as a good Soldier would. But underneath his helmet he was shaking with fury. He looked back to Medcraft and lobbed the detonator to her underhanded.

"I believe you dropped that Ma'am......"

He turned on his heel and walked after 99.

As they reached the end of the hallway the rest of the ARC group gathered around 99, he ripped the blasters from his holsters and spun them around to the two who had held his slugthrowers, stock first. They accepted their weapons back and gave him his. He returned his pistols to their rightful places and noticed the Colonel was back. He walked over briskly and snapped a salute.

"Welcome back Sir."

Tag all.

OOC: In all honesty I am really not trying to haze Alixe. lol I promise! 99 is just trying to get her accustomed to working with clones. And they dont like being thrown out like dog meat.

7. nancyallen

Nov 19, 2007
    Training room

They really are dumbasses, Alixe thought, if they weren't able to see her using the detonator as a bluff. All Tracyn had to do was use the chance to escape she provided him and they would have been right. She kept those thoughts to herself however.
    "Colonel," she said, saluting. "The Major was just training us to see how we work as a team." Alixe wondered if ego stroking would work on a clone. "We need him to make us better."

Tag: All

8. MCPO_John_117

Nov 5, 2007

"The Major was just training us to see how we work as a team." She paused for a moment. "We need him to make us better."

John arched an eyebrow. Medcraft a brown nose?er? John didn?t believe it for a second.
    ?I see. From what I just saw it looks like he has his work cut out for him. Medcraft, troopers.? John nodded at the clones. ?We have a mission, be in the conference room in an hour, now I need to talk to the Major. Dismissed.?
    John clapped Medcraft on the shoulder and pulled her towards the door.
    ?Don?t worry about your performance in the sim. I could see things the Major could not, but his point about teamwork and loyalty are a valid point, in most missions.?
    John half smiled.
    ?Your sim run was Kobayashi maru from the beginning, don?t take it personal.?
    John let her go out the door.
    He turned back to the Major, who was just removing his helmet. ?We have an opportunity that cannot be passed up.? John tossed a folder to 99. The Major was a bit surprised at having real hardcopies instead of a data file.
    99 looked at the file. It was standard mission babble. He skipped to the objectives, Obtain technical data on? his brow wrinkled a little. ?What?s a Death Star??
    John nodded at the file. ?Turn the page.?
    99 did. ?Oh?That?s bad.?

Tag: 99

9. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    GM APPROVED

Name: "Captain" Jack Harper
    Species: Human
    Homeworld: Balamak
    Personality
    ---Traits: Cocky and Arrogant. Fancies himself to be the best at everything he does and when things don't go his way, he is quick to displace the blame.
    ---Dislikes: The Rules in general
    ---Habits: If you can drink or smoke it he's probably done it on more than one occasion.
    Appearance
    ---Skin Color: White
    ---Hair Color: Dark Brown
    ---Eye Color: Blue
    ---Height: 6'0
    ---Weight: 150
    ---Clothing: Military Boots, Brown Cotton pants, White buttoned shirt, Black suspenders, Wool Greatcoat, Grease stained brown coveralls.
    ---Other Attributes: Star fighter tattoo on his right bicep
    GEAR: Mechanic's tools, Datapad
    Weapons: M-300 Hunting Rifle, DE-10 Blaster Pistol
    specialty weapons: A starfighter...
    notes on gear:
    The Force
    ---Sensitivity: No
    ---Knack: Expert Mechanic and Pilot
    Biography
    ---Back Ground:

Born and raised on the small farm world of Balamak, a world so small it fails to appear on widely used galactic maps, Jack made a point of making something of himself. All his life he dreaded becoming his father, a poor, broken farmer. Farming wasn't for Jack, not one bit.
    He spent his childhood working on his Father's outdated and overworked equipment, and quickly found his knack for mechanical repairs and modifications. He worked odd jobs for various other community members, fixing and repairing their machinery, saving his money to put toward his dream job. He was going to be a fighter pilot, a master of the skies.
    Jack enrolled in the Mid-Rim Flight Academy early, lying about his age. The Mid-Rim Air Patrol, a small Defense force, was in desperate need for pilot's in his sector, and took all the help they could get. Eventually, Jack fought pirates and raiders, earning himself the rank of Captain when the CIS invaded. Aiding Jedi, the MRAP helped to destroy a Holonet jamming device and rescue his homeworld from the clutches of CIS Droids.

But Jack still longed for adventure and excitement. Resigning from his post, and taking his heavily modified R5 droid with him, Jack purchased a HWK-290 freighter and set to work exploring the galaxy, and smuggling goods where they needed to be...

IC: Gaph and Jack
    Landing at HQ

The talks at Jo'an's had been brief, they mainly consisted of "You want me to do what?" "Remember that one time?" and "You owe me big", the last of those had been used by both parties frequently.

Finally, Gaph had talked a one 'Captain' Jack Harper into joining the crew, his own little way of keeping the clones from completely taking over. Alpha's new men were just like him, born and bred killers with little in the way of any other qualities. Not that he didn't like having them on the crew, they would be help in a fight, but Gaph liked to have his own little security measures as well. If things turned sour with the group, he didn't want to be alone.

The two craft nestled together in the Hangar bay...if they pulled in any more ships they might be in need of another bay. Jack immediately noted the serious lack of Fighter craft, and voiced his opinion on their absence. He also complained heartily about the maintenance crew, a majority of whom were actually older droids retrofitted for their new role with the Rebellion. His R5 unit, always on his heels, whistled a sharp tone that told Jack to watch his mouth in not so many words.

Gaph waived off security, and marched straight to the breifing room where the recently returned Colonel and the others had gathered, discussing their next mission no doubt.

"Sorry we're late." Gaph appologized as the two entered the room, "Everyone, I would like you to meet my old friend Jack Harper, who will be joining the group."
    "Captain Jack Harper." Jack corrected, stuffing his hands into the

10. MCPO_John_117

Nov 5, 2007

"Captain Jack Harper."
    John arched an eyebrow. Captain... John's ego-detector had just buried its needle.
    Harper was still standing there flipping through the packet.
    "Well Captain welcome to Unit 117, but last I looked a Colonel trumps a Captain...so take a seat and be quiet."
    John turns back to the rest of the room.
    "Now as i was about to say, Let me introduce Special Agent Kyle Katarn."He gestures to the other new comer. A hard looking man with a beard. He almost looked like a farmer, except for his eyes. He had a haunted look that spoke volumes.
    "He will be joining us on this mission."
    John activated the holoscreen.
    "This is Danuta. It is home of an Imperial research center. Our mission is to infiltrate the facility, and steal the technacal read outs of the Empires new Superweapon, the Death Star."
    The Screen shows a grainy picture of the moon sized battle station.
    "Now the Alliance is going to bombard the planet from orbit and assault the base from the front, while we slip in through the back and steal the plans while they are distracted.
    The blueprints for the facility are in the mission packs I have handed out. Study them. We leave in six hours. I want everyone ready by then. We'll take the Hammer, and join the Alliance task force. Then make planet fall in the confusion. Any questions?

Tag: all

11. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    Briefing room

Kyle Katarn? Last I checked he was an Imperial Officer... If he is here he must have defected. Which is good news for us. Lets see if I can recall. Excellent squad leader, graduated at the top of his class from the academy on Carida... Excellent marksman and top notch soldier.

99 scrutinized Katarn from behind his helmet without seeming to do so. He noticed the custom Bryar blaster pistol holstered at the mans side. If they were bringing in Kyle Katarn for this mission, it was definatly not going to be a blue milk run.

"Couple questions Sir. What will be Katarns role in this operation? And how are we going in? Teams or one big squad. What kind of intel do we have on the structure we are infiltrating and what kind of opposition can we expect?"

Having read the intel file before the meeting, 99 knew the answers to the last two questions but asked them for the unit's sake in case someone forgot to ask.

How can the Empire build something that big with so much destructive power and keep it a secret.... Yes the galaxy is a big place to hide something the size of a moon but we have spies all over the Imperial network... How could we not have known about this thing until it was almost done.... This doesnt bode well. The information gathered from this mission may very well make or break the Rebellion. If we fail....The entire galaxy will suffer....

99 folded his arms across his chest with concern. They were about to go on a top priority mission that could decide the fate of the galaxy with 6 new members. The ARCs would perform to his standards because they were soldiers. They didnt question orders and they would get the job done or die trying. But Medcraft and this new Captain.... Medcraft wasn't high on his favorite people list at the moment for her performance in the sim. Yes it was a test of morality but the willingness to accept a clones death that easily hit him hard. Even if she had bluffed about the thermal det, and hadn't activated it in a real situation, what would have happened if Tracyn was being held by a superior fighter, even if he had escaped 99's grip himself, 99 was armed and Tracyn wasnt. They were the best of the best, ARCs. But they weren't invincible....

99 snapped his attention back to the task at hand and waited for the Colonel to address the questions

tag

12. nancyallen

Nov 19, 2007
    Briefing room

Alixe sized Kyle Katarn up. She liked, it was good to have another human about. Plus the former Imperial had a good aura about him, something far more noble that his occupation suggested. Maybe she would hold off on that transfer request, at least until she saw what he could do in the field.
    "If this is half as big as we think it is," Alixe wondered, throwing her questions in, "the Empire will throw everything they have at us." She leaned forward, a thoughtful expression on her face. "Once we have the plans should we make them disappear? Wash them through numerous contacts as soon as possible so the trail goes cold?" Alixe had a couple of names who would be able to help with that.

Tag: Kyle, Spartan, Alpha 99, Tracyn, Boom

13. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    Briefing Room

99's eyes shifted over to Medcraft carefully, his eyes shifting in his helmet but his head giving no apparent movement.

"To answer that raises another question. If we get the data, and we decide to make it dissapear.... Do we want to start a galactic panic? The ruling government in power at this time has built a superweapon, with unknown capability. That would either help our cause or destroy it. People dont want their homes being threatened. If they help win the war and have nothing to go back to what does that leave them? Regardless if the data dissapears durring an alliance attack they are going to know we have it, which will step up the ferocity of their attacks in hunting down our bases and press us into a corner. That is if this information is as valuable as is being played off. I think we should get the data first and then quickly hand it over to Alliance intelligence to sift through it and decide what to do from there. Informants shouldnt be brought in here. It leaves to much to question here. Intel like this needs to stay controlled."

tag all

14. nancyallen

Nov 19, 2007
    Briefing Room

Alixe's eyes widened at the first part of what Alpha said and waited for him to finish before adding to his comments.
    "Do you want to wager against Palpatine willing to wipe out the galaxy looking for us no matter what we do with it?" she asked. "Anyway, that could very well work against the Empire," she mused. "The panic over this new superweapon." She leaned back, thinking. "Politics was never my strong point, but maybe it only has to be used once for the whole galaxy to turn on Palpatine." The old soldier smiled at the thought, but quickly wiped it when she thought about giving the Emperor a chance. "Of course we want it stopped before then however." Alpha's comment kept running through her head, particularly the idea of the superweapon causing panic and whether somehow the information could be leaked. She didn't bring the idea up however, thinking it might be better from someone else.

Tag: Kyle, Spartan, Alpha 99, Tracyn, Boom

15. Lord_Raziel

Lord_Raziel Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2007
    IC: Creed

Creed laughed quietly, "you beleive the emperor wont see any action against him coming? He is a dark lord of the Sith, this superweapon is something he would have not built carelessly."

Creed returned to his silent state, his back leaning against the back of the briefing room. His eyes fixes of Alpha, Creed did not like these new members, they did not bleed with him in the first mission.

Tag All

16. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    Gaph and Jack
    Briefing room

The two were both now seated, and listened intently to the report and the various comments the others made.

"That's where you might be wrong..." Jack spoke softly after Creed, just loud enough to get everyone's attention. "He's a dark lord or what ever right. From what I know about these people, they've got ego's bigger than this super weapon, and they don't think anyone is going to try and stop them. They think everything they do is perfect, protected by their own 'divine' will. Besides, the Empire bases itself around speed and power not skill and protection. Look at Stormies for force-sakes." He was speaking louder now, and jerked his thumb toward the group of clones. "Those blokes could shoot a cred-coin off the nose of a moving speeder at 1000 yards, and it took more than one blast to make them fall. These new blokes are expendable. They can hardy hit the broad side of a barn, and if they lose one, they can just clone more. Nah, he won't see this coming, they'd never guess what we're tryin to do."

Jack grew quiet, and looked back at the floor. Gaph glanced around to see what the others had to say, and examined a technical read-out of the base. This was going to be harder than the last mission.

17. MCPO_John_117

Nov 5, 2007
    IC: Kyle Katarn

Kyle shifted forward. "I have two points to make. First we're not going to be going up against you normal everyday stormtroopers. Alliance Intel has found out that the inner facility is gaurded by the 501st. These guys don't mess around. they are efficent, they are skilled, and they love a good fight."
    Kyle shifted his glance to Alpha. "As for the plans we're going to recover, we are going to hand them off to an Alliance Intel team who will get them to the new Alliance base of operations. There we will study them and hopfuly find a weakness."
    John spoke up right then.
    "Then we're all going to take part in the Major's favorite passtime, we'll blow the thing to atoms!"

18. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Gaph and Jack
    Briefing Room

Gaph grunted when Kyle said they would be going up against the 501st. They were the only homogeneously original template clone battalion in the entire Imperial Army. They were Vader's Fist, and that was one of the few things that scared Gaph. He'd gone up against a handful of them back on Coruscaunt a few years back while he was trying to steal something from an Imperial Museum. They'd been tough enough that he only barely escaped with half of his bounty in tow. He hadn't killed a one of them.

"They look like ya'll do." Gaph said, looking at the clones, "They were bred like you, might've even been bred with you. They're are your brothers in arms in the most exact degree. The only clones that all look like your father, all trained like you were trained. Can you handle killing your own kind? Waging war on your own brothers?" Gaph's voice trailed...he'd found himself in their position once, fighting his own flesh and blood in a violent disagreement. Blood was drawn, and they hadn't spoke since. Gaph had been exiled from his clan over it.

Jack cleared his thought as if to speak, but decided to leave it alone. Gaph always got a bit misty eyed around this subject.

19. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    breifing room

The ARC Privates straightened up a little more if it was possible to do so at Jacks mention of their skill. Ca merely nodded with his hands folded across his chest. Then they looked at Gaph and Ca spoke for all of the clones present.

"Sir, we may be brothers, flesh and bone to the very last detail. But they ceased being family the instant they turned their backs on the Jedi. We all worked with the Jedi durring Order-66..... they were beings of honor and deserved better than that. A warriors death. Instead they were betrayed.... The clones you see before you here today in this very room, were the ones that disobeyed orders and helped the Jedi instead of shooting them in the back... So when you ask if we can spill the blood of our brothers....I give you a resounding yes. Just think of us as a disfunctional family. And our blasters and various weaponry are the medicine prescribed by the shrink." Ca always had a calm tone to him, even when he was angry or upset. He was a real soldier.

99's eyes snapped back to Katarn when he said that the building was being guarded by the 501st. They were the top of the line. If ARCs were still left in the Empire and in a large group. They would be there.... The group guarding the building must be a detachment of vaders personal guard. That didnt bode well for the team. 501st didnt play around.

Again 99's head turned to the Colonel as he spoke about blowing the building to atoms. 99's head dipped slightly.

"Ohhhh, Colonel dont play with my emotions....."

99 forgot all the worries about the mission immediatly at the prospect of blowing this building sky high.
    Instead of challanging and horrendously guarded and damn near impossible... This mission just became fun.

Tag all

20. nancyallen

Nov 19, 2007
    Briefing room

The 501st, Alixe mused. Of course she heard of them like everybody else. They were Vader's Stormtroopers, clones rather than enlisted soldiers as Alpha pointed out. In her twenty plus years killing the Empire's forces she found out a few things about them. How they were against the decision to kill Jedi and how someone should have spoken out, but didn't. That didn't stop them of course, as she found out after having Jedi children bleed out in her arms after one of their strikes. Besides which, Vader's first act would have undoubtedly been to weed out any Jedi sympathizers.
    "Their reputation has been earned fighting against soldiers," she commented. 99's words emboldened her, making her feel that she did belong here, that she could work with the clones despite who they were. Looking about the others with a twinkle in her eye she posed a question, hoping to lift them. "How might they do against a butcher?"

Tag: Alpha 99, Kyle, Spartan, Tracyn, Boom

21. Lord_Raziel

Lord_Raziel Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2007
    IC: Darkan Creed
    Briefing Room

The 501st, Darkan smiled openly, "Well Alpha...Major...Sir...looks like we will be fighting against the top of the line." Creed nodded to the other clones, he knew they would fight harder than ever before against the emperor's finest. The assassin turned to the Colonel, "Well sir, we are the rebellions finest, we are the first and last line of the defence, let us see what these 501st think of us."

Tag all

22. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    Briefing room

99 nodded at creed, sharing a moment of like-mindedness. He then looked at his chrono and then to the Colonel. They were taking a lot of time for speculation. They needed to get underway.

Each member of the team would need to prepare themselves respectively. They would need to pack their ammo, and supplies. 99 had finished painting his auto-pack a while ago so it matched his armor. On the back of it was stamped a dark red Mando symbol. He had never worn it in combat but he felt like this mission alone would provide the need to do so.

He nodded at the Colonel, signalling that it was time to roll

tag all

23. knite16

knite16 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 20, 2007
    IC: Boom

Boom took in the entire conversation. He had records of 501st, but they were incomplete. Fragments left over from his last memory wipe, most likely and knowing his information was not accurate, he did not chime in. Upon the Major's observation that they should get moving, Boom headed once again to where he was normally found. He had very little time to prepare and needed to complete his most recent "modification." His primary turret was once again moved to his left arm but instead of removing the flame thrower he had manufactured for the previous mission, he instead wired the tube up through his chest so that the end would protrude from his mouth when the weapon was activated. Merely switching it to the other arm would have been far too unstable with all the explosives it contained.

Once the turret was in place again, he began work on its recent addition. One that could prove most useful against a large amount of opponents such as they were sure to face.

Tag any.

24. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    OOC: John is having some hold ups at work again so I am going to do my best to keep this party wagon movin! This game is too fun to have big gaps in it. I think anyway....

The briefing split up and everyone went to their preperation. 99 himself went to his room to grab his Auto pack. He had removed the slot for his rifle and narrowed out the portion that touched his back armor. Making it conform to his body. Now it was almost flat. He picked it up and started filling the main compartment with z-6 ammo clips. He would be a support gunner for Tracyn. They were going to need all the power packs for that beast as they could carry on this mission. He had made sure that the rest of the clone squad got matching auto paks so they could carry a few kilo's more worth of gear. Each of them would at least have some spare Z-6 rounds for Tracyn. 99 took some time to program his helmet with the contents and sync it with the backpack. A few blinks and the pack would auto dispense whatever he had selected. In the top he put some explosives of varying power.

Alpha finished his packing and slipped on the pack. It wasn't heavy enough to hold him down but it would slow his normal speed slightly.

Even though the clones had been given their own quarters, 99 found them now in Ca's room packing their supplies and checking each other. Ca looked up from his packing and immeadiatly slapped to the position of attention.

"Group! Attennn...TION!"

The rest of the group shot to their feet and got to the position as well.

I sure have missed being around people like me...

"As you were soldiers..."

The clones went back to their tasks, he saw Tracyn in the corner still playing with his prized lighter. Child at heart but warrior in mind.

"How are the preperations going Sargeant?"

Ca had sat back on his bunk tinkering with his helmet. "Sir everything is running smoothly. 501st isnt going to know what hit them."

"I know what you said to Leuitenant Gaph... Is that how you really feel? Shooting brothers?"

Ca stopped his tinkering and looked up. "Permission to speak freely Sir?"

"You dont even need to ask Sargeant. Go ahead."
    "Did you feel badly when you were hosing Bob'ika? or the clones in stormtrooper armor that were eating in that mess hall when you took down the whole room?"

How did he get that intel..?! That facility was destroyed....and no one was there to see it or report it besides the rest of the team..

"Your well informed Sargeant.... When I think about it. Fett was fun because he kicked my shebs first. He had it coming. Not to mention he doesnt consider us family. As for the clones in the mess hall. They chose their path. They turned their backs on the ones we swore to protect. Orders or not it was morally wrong, I guess it would take someone who had sense bred out of them to follow blind orders. They had it coming. The 501st is different though. They arent mindless. So how do you justify it?"

Ca nodded thoughtfully. "To be honest sir I wouldn't care if it were Captain Fordo or Commander Cody themselves. They turned their backs on the Jedi.... they killed their own Generals. Such actions should have warrented court martial and a punishment of death. Think of us as the swift arm of Law that the Empire seemed to conveniently forget in its take-over."

Prudii didn't look up from his packing but he pointed in Ca's direction. "What he said Sir."

99 Nodded. "Alright. In that case, Tracyn. You are carrying the Z-6 on this mission." Tracyn looked up from his lighter, a gleeful expression on his face.

"And I asked Leuitenant Boom to whip up one of these for you..."

99 pulled out a round white object with what looked like a white painted barrel on it that he had been hiding behind his forearm and tossed it to Traycn. Who of course immediatly recognized it and dropped his lighter to catch it.

"NO WAY SIR! A WRIST MOUNTED FLAME THROWER!? Ohhhh Ni jurir kote hettyc Major!"

99 chuckled. "Udessi Ad'ika, that replaces your left bracer, check t

25. nancyallen

Nov 19, 2007
    Cabin

Alixe was ready in record time, armed with the same weapons she had for the training. Despite what the clones might think she had every intention of using the thermal detonators. What she'd really like however was some heavy artillery, like the chain guns they used. She made a mental note to bring it up and looked through her belongings to find someone else had searched them.
    "Dammit." Alixe frantically tried to find the spice she had smuggled to no avail. Taking a couple of pills instead the soldier had a thought and began searching, heaving a great sigh of relief upon finding a metal case/
    Should I take it? Alixe wondered. She heard a knock at the door.
    "Come," she said, not looking to see who it was. Absentmindedly she pushed a bowel across a nearby table. "Nut?" she offered.

Tag: Any

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.