main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Unofficial Memphis EU Board.

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Chewbracca, Sep 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    Well officially, a Dark Jedi is a Jedi that turns to the darkside and a Sith is some one adept in the ways of the darkside via Sith teachings. ie all dark jedi use to be jedi all sith did not.

I don't really see much of a difference between the two theories. On one hand the force has a dark side that tempts you into becoming evil for the sake of power. On the other hand there is just the force but you are tempted by the power of it to use in evil ways. Either way you are succoming to a temptaion and choosing to be evil. Either way works for me.

One thing about the christian view of it is that God (ie the light side) Created satan who turned evil by succoming to the temptation of power. But again either way works for me.

2. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    (Oh, and Rhonda, will you be joining us for the SW Bowl-a-rama we're working on? And we're thinking Oct 27th for the costume party. Any problems with that?)

count me and my 99 in!!!!

Great, now everyone will be straws on who DOESN"T get me on their team...... :D

3. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Steve,

I finshed "Shadows of the Empire", it was the best EU SW book I've read so far. I also really liked Rogue Planet and the AOTC novelization, oh and the Approaching Storm.

In the sux for Rhonda category...

Truce at Bakuura - bleck....
    Splinter of the Minds Eye...counldn't get into it....
    Dark Journey - you're right Tim, it was all about Jaina's love life to me, and I don't know about you but her darkside just didn't scare me at all. I thought, yeah let your grandpa show you how its done,he'd put the fear of the force in you in his heyday... or at least Kyp....

Anyway, Traitor was okay, but the whole Jacen finding out what the force is really about was just...well....weird...

Does anyone know when Destiny's Way comes out? I heard Oct. 1 maybe...

4. Chewbracca

Chewbracca Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2002
    Yeah, Jacen kinda gets on my nerves sometimes. He has a super-force heritage and has just whined and complained about it. Good grief, innocent people are getting slaughtered by the Vong and he is having a philisophical crisis!!!! It dosen't take a genuis to figure out who the "bad" guys are. ARRRGGHHH!!! Just make him fight already!!! Or turn to the Dark side. NJO really needs a rrreaaalllyyy bad Jedi. :D

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Chris: I loved you comments on Jacen. Considering I'm reading everything in reverse order, I really have no basis for an opinion on him. But from what Traci has told me, you're absolutely right.

I really liked TAB, Rhonda, but it was the lizard dudes and their culture that made it interesting. Also add the fact that Traci and I were both bantering back and forth a bit with Kathy Tyers (the author) on the boards when we read it, and we really liked her, which probably added a lot to my opinion of the book. (That woman is just plain nice!!! And a real SW fan, too!)

6. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Man, if I was Luke, I would just slap Jacen and say, "Wake up and smell the caf you little wuss!!! I used to whine and it got me nowhere!! Our friend Chewbacca is dead, your brother is dead!! The Vong are not Ewoks that will hug your leg!!" Man, I would like to see Luke go off on him!! :)

Anybody got Destiny's Way yet? I plan on getting it before the weekend. It looks pretty good!!!

7. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Hey guys! I got Destiny's Way last night and Waldenbooks (hardcover=expensive), but I read almost half of it before I could put it down. The best one yet. Without spoiling it too much -

It links a lot of the old republic to the new and mentions Zanoma Sekot alot (and Anakin Skywalker).

8. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    "I really liked TAB, Rhonda, but it was the lizard dudes and their culture that made it interesting. Also add the fact that Traci and I were both bantering back and forth a bit with Kathy Tyers (the author) on the boards when we read it, and we really liked her, which probably added a lot to my opinion of the book. (That woman is just plain nice!!! And a real SW fan, too!) "

I like the Skywalker part, that part of the book was VERY good,the alien part got a little creepy though. I think Kathy (the author) didn't have a lot to work with Luke and Leia, because it takes place right after ROTJ. It is definitely better than some though. I would have liked for her to clear up things a little more though at the end. The book even though it was not my favorite, ranks up there as one of the best.

9. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    "I absolutly loved Rogue Planet the first time I read it, but the second time wasn't as good. I still think its a great book and love how they are tying the prequels with njo in such major way, should prove interesting. Funny thing, I never finished teh Zahn trilogy. I like stoped in the middle of the second book and never finished it."

Then you'll love Destiny's Way, Smokem! You guys will have to tell me when you get it, so I won't spoil it. It's definitely a source for discussion!

10. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Hey guys...I'm gonna bring my "New Essential Guide to Characters" to our little shindig this Sunday. It's really cool putting illustatrated images to the EU characters that you've only read about.

11. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    Steve definetly bring it. I bet it has a lot of cool pics in it.

Rhonda Real good huh? I am going to send off for it in a few days. Really looking forward to this one.

12. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I'll probably get Destiny's Way this weekend, but won't be able to start reading it until the middle of next week. Can't wait! :)

13. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I just finished Trace. Great stuff! Is it supposed to be the last one of the NJO? It says something about the next books being trilogy...

Also there's supposedly and e-book between chapters 20 and 21 (or something like that)... I don't where you get that?!? Maybe B&N online???

14. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Cool! Seems like everyone likes it so far. No, it's not the last one. The NJO is a 5-year story arc and DW is the 4th hardback - there will be one more hardback next year.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they had originally planned for all the main events to happen in the annual hardback releases and the paperbacks were to be optional reading to fill in the details between them. But there have been so many significant events in the paperbacks lately, that I don't see how you could possibly make sense of the storyline without reading them....IMHO.

I hadn't heard about the e-book. I'm not much into reading from a screen, but I'll give it a shot. Call me old-fashioned but I like to turn pages, LOL.

15. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Man, I want to see how it turns out!!! Who will live and who will die?!?!?!?!? :eek:

16. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    I started reading Destiny's Way today at work. In fact, I was reading it when you called me Tim!! I knew exactly who it was when you said something about the Star Trek book!!! He he. Good one. :)

17. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    "Hey no DW spoilers! No spoilers!"

"Here's a spoiler for you, your going to die alone."

Cracks me up every time. There is also on Kazaa some extra footage for the Triumph Star Wars thing. Apparently they had more stuff they weren't able to show the first time so they showed it later.

18. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Hmmmm, I'll have to check that out.

19. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Hey Chewbracca, I found a thread I just knew you'd like... If EU was to become canon what would you think?

:D

It just reminded me of what we talking about at the picnic - folks will argue this until purple in the face. It's pretty funny though. :)

20. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Oh man, talk about opening up a can of worms!!! Man, those folks are really funny!! Who the heck cares as long as the stories fit togther and they are written good. I say let the SW universe go on forever!!!!

21. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    Ok, I just whiped out the Empire with the gungans on Galactic battle ground, is that Cannon?

22. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Tonight...on a very special 60 Minutes II...Redneck Vader Canon?...You decide!!
    That's 60 Minutes II...right after "Everybody Loves Ric Olie"

23. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    Definetly Canon, I mean he is from Tatooine and his Mom and son where farmers. Now time fore redneck vader quotes.

"Never underestimate the power of the four-wheel-drive."

"I find y'alls lack of mounted deer heads disturbing."

"Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father's seventh cousin's Uncle by marraige."

24. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Ahhh, very true, and he was a gear head!!! Look at the Pod Racer he built!!! :)

25. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Question:
    Should I organize the SW novels at B&N in chronological order when I don't have much work??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.