main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL UP COMING EVENTS

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by LukeCeremonial22569, Feb 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
    Hey everyone tonight was a great meeting, here is the events thread for suggesting events you and all of us might like to do.

First off is -

MAGA-CON March 6th in Orlando
    Orange County Convention Center

also

Tamap Bay Reniassance Festival which also starts March 6th - April 18th

here are the themed weekends for this event -

March 6th & 7th
    Mid-East Mirage

March 13th & 14th
    Chocolate & Romance

March 20th & 21st
    Irish Heritage Festival ONE THAT I WOULD LIKE TO GOTO

March 27th & 28th
    Wine Gala

April 3rd & 4th
    Royal Ale Festival

April 9th, 10th & 12th
    Highland Fling I AM THERE FOR THAT WEEKEND WHO EVER WANTS TOGO this weekend is alot of fun

April 16th, 17th, & 18th
    Carnivale this is the last weekend of the Festival which has always been a good time back in Michigan.

So there you go people so lets figure out what weekend we can goto for this, I say the Irish or Highland Fling weekends, they have always been good weekends.
    Here is the web site for the Festival so you can check things out.

http://www.renaissancefest.com/BayAreaRenaissance/bay-area.htm

OK, for MAGA CON, who is going for sure 100%, so we can get a head count, like said tonight I live an hour away from Orlando so if anyone wants to come up here and park your car and ride with me let me know, I have room for like 5 people and thats pushing it, 4 would be cozy. I also like to leave early to this event and get parking done with and have time to change into costume if I do costume, Im not sure yet.

Ticket window hours are
    march 5th friday 12pm-630pm
    march 6th saturday 830am-530pm
    march 7th sunday 900am-530

Tickets can be purchased all three days of the show, at the Orange County Convention Center ticket windows, located in the lobby outside the doors to Hall C.

One child 10 and under free with one paid adult

Tickets purchased at the door:
    $18 per day or $40 for a weekend pass

Tickets purchased online:
    $15 per day or $35 for a weekend pass

Friday 12:00pm - 7:00pm For attendees who purchase Advance tickets.
    Friday 1:00pm - 7:00pm For attendees who purchase tickets at the door.
    Saturday & Sunday 10:00am - 6:00pm

For more info on this event goto -http://megaconvention.com/

so now all we need is a list of whos all going to this event.

Please post if you plan to go and what day you would like to go, I can only go on Saturday, they start selling tickets at 830am but I am buying mine online this week, doors open at 10am so I would like to get there about an hour before hand to get ready and maybe have something to eat.

2. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    Opps sorry forgot to say that-

MORE EVENTS TO COME AS THEY GET CLOSER.

Also dont forget about the childrens hospital event coming up next month on March 27th if your interrested in taking part in this event please get with Mark and Linda for more information on this, Marks post as Blackstone.

3. Gov_Jade

Gov_Jade Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 2003
    I believe I am going to Mega for Saturday only.

4. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    Opps forgot to post this here-

March 14th is a costuming get together at Denise's house for making costumes, please contact her for more info.

5. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Ross, the price for tickets at Dragoncon just went up, so folks should purchase them early to get the best price.

6. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    This was just made news to me, if your all planning on going to Dragon Con you need to buy tickets soon they are going up fast.

Now untill May 14th they will be $60

up till July 15th $70

and $85 thereafter and at the door.

Do have paypal for buying tickets for this event.

7. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    I won't be able to make it to the Cons, but I'm thinking about going to the Renaissance Festival. Sounds very cool.

~Neszis~

8. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
  9. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    Hey everyone for this month there really is not much going on in way of events other then these-

Friday night 19th DAWN of the DEAD remake- cant wait to see this this is going to be a great flick.

Chocolate weekend is this weekend
    Irish weekend is 20th and 21st at the REN. FEST.
    Wine Gala is 27thy and 28th

also this same weekend is the Childrens Hospital costume event, please contact Mark for more info on this worthy event for the kids.

If anyone can think of somethings that are happing please let me know so we cant get them posted.

Have fun everyone and dont forget to come on out to the DAWN of the DEAD remake Bflicks RULE.

10. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Yes, Our monthly meeting is also Sat. March 20th at 6:30pm. We do not have a location as yet, so folks need to check out places that might fit our need and report to myself or Denise.
    Thanks

11. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    The Beefo O Brady's at Tri-City Plaza on East Bay in Largo has agreed to allow to use their conference room for out meeting. They have good food and my Trek Group meets there every Wed at 8pm. They are excited about having groups there.

12. Lon_Blackstone

Lon_Blackstone Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2004
    there is the festival of states in St. Petersburg on April 10th the 501st and Rebel Legion will be marching.
    the Childrens Hospital visit on March 27. and Star Wars Weekends starting May 14th at MGM/Disney.

13. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    I 'd like to know when the events committee is going to get together in one way or another to sketch out some plans for the next few months. What events we'd like to attend as a group and what other future events we would like to plan. We can get together a little before the monthly meeting like 5:30 or 6pm to just have a brief little events committee meeting or after the main meeting if time permits.

14. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
  15. Lon_Blackstone

Lon_Blackstone Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2004
    sounds good to me also.

16. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    I will be there at 5:30pm. Sat. for Events committee meeting and 6:30pm for the FF chapter meeting,

17. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.