main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Upcoming Music gigs

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithForceLord, Nov 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    nice one SFL ... where's the house?

2. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    http://www.harcourts.co.nz/ext/listing/details.do?rul=%2Fext%2Fsearch%2Fprocess.do%3Fpg%3D1%26ts%3D89118081%26ofc=&id=345999

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Well done lad. Good luck with it, though as you obviously know by your post, there are plenty of other houses if this one doesn't work out for you.

Fingers crossed for you.

4. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    still totally warped, had to meet agent at 7:30am to sign offer.

Yea, nice place, solid matai joists and flooring, no borer or anything, solid 12x12inch concrete foundations. Original house is solid, pity they didn't take a bit of time and care with the additions... /shrug/

After looking at it properly with popa, my initial "wow, love it" did wane a little, and so I'm totally fine with looking more. I've really only looked at Harcourts' properties, and ONLY in Te Atatu / Henderson / Massey / Glendene. So plenty of other estate agents and areas out there... not to mention houses.

5. Checkity_Chur

Checkity_Chur Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2007
    Yeah, on a motorcycle... but sadly, that didn't happen. Motocross is a dangerous sport and NOFX has a lot of touring left. Next time, for sure. I was lucky enough to get some time (3 hours or so) with Erik -- he was hellacool! As were Fat Mike, Hefe and Melvin (and Limo, too). Turns out that I got an exclusive with Erik: [while] no other media in NZ did. Too cool!

Of course, the show went off: Mike had torn his calf muscle so he had to do it while sitting in a stool, but that made no difference... he's been doing it for 25 years (he once did a show while laying on a couch). They've been my favourite band since I was 13 (Punk in Drublic) - that's half of a my life - so it was an awesome time.

NOFX!

6. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    SFL - how'd it work out with that house?

7. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    oh, my offer was too low (but house wasn't worth much more than I offered) and as far as i heard they were negotiating with the other offer. Good thing I missed it really because I'm been approached by a large planning company to perform ornithological surveys for the next year, 8 days on, 6 off, 8 on, 6 off down south of Kawhia Harbour. So dealing with tenants etc while I'm not even there half a month for every month would have been hard.

8. RogueJediNZ

RogueJediNZ Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2007
    Anyone living in Welly should go check out Elston Gunn, playing at Tupelo at 9pm Thursday

9. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Hmmm I may just check that out.

Oh and SFL I reckon building a house is the way to go, I'm all keen now to build one but I'm off to Canada so it won't really work :p

10. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    yea, but getting land in a decent / central(ish) area is pretty impossible. Albany is probably best (in terms of transport, rather than Kumeu) but... yea /shrugs/

11. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
  12. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    :) I'm seeing them in Aus, i'm moving to Brisbane in June, just in time to see them there!

13. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Mark just informed me Steely Dan are making their way to NZ for the first time!

Yaaahhooooooooooooooooooooooo!

http://www.steelydan.com/

a u s t r a l i a + n e w z e a l a n d
    TICKET NOTE : Please confirm all international ticket info with the venue!

Sep 08 - Sandalford Winery - Swan Valley/Perth Australia | on sale 4/23
    Sep 11 - Adelaide Entertainment Center - Adelaide Australia | on sale 4/23
    Sep 13 - AIS Arena - Canberra Australia | on sale 4/23
    Sep 15 - Bimbadgen Estate - Hunter Valley Australia | on sale 4/23
    Sep 16 - Brisbane Entertainment Center - Brisbane Australia | on sale 4/23
    Sep 18 - Sydney Entertainment Center - Sydney Australia | on sale 4/23
    Sep 20 - Rod Laver Arena - Melbourne Australia |on sale 4/23
    Sep 22 - Vector Arena - Auckland New Zealand | on sale 4/23
    Sep 24 - Westpac Arena - Christchurch New Zealand | on sale 4/23

14. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    :)

My gosh. I knew something about the music scene before you. I'm truely amazed :p

15. Checkity_Chur

Checkity_Chur Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2007
    Here are some snaps of the interview with Erik from NOFX I mentioned on the previous page. It was done in the Victoria University Students' Association building at Vic (of course)... which was ironic since The Salient couldn't get an interview! The guy on camera is producing a doco about their latest world tour (they've just finished in in China... yup, China!). We got on well since he's a USC alumnus and took a Star Wars paper in his final year (it is USC, after all).

[image=http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7301/nofxbo4.jpg]

[image=http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3653/sticksqb0.jpg]

Good times.

16. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master star 3

Dec 8, 1999
    For anyone who might be keen, Carly Binding and Boh Runga are doing shows in Central Auckland every Thursday night in July. Tickets are $30 through Ticketek.

17. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
  18. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Mark, Police have confirmed.

[b]The Police to play NZ shows[/b]
    5:00AM Wednesday July 18, 2007

The reunion tour by early 80s rock giants The Police is coming to New Zealand to play two big outdoor shows this summer.

The band featuring Sting, guitarist Andy Summers and drummer Stewart Copeland will return to Auckland's Western Springs - the arena they filled at their height of popularity in 1984 before splitting soon after - on Saturday, January 19, having already performed at Wellington's Westpac Stadium on Thursday, January 17.

The tour comes at the end of a global jaunt which started in Vancouver in May and has sold more than 1.77 million tickets in North America and Europe.

The Auckland show comes the day after the Big Day Out at Mt Smart Stadium on Friday, January 18. Tickets for the New Zealand shows go on sale via Ticketek (Wellington) and Ticketmaster (Auckland) on Monday, July 30.

19. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    So, who's going to the Police?

20. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Wouldn't mind getting to see some of these groups but can't afford to make the trip from Dunedin.

My son plays in a couple of groups (Retrophonic Funk Machine, Vibrasics and K'oile) - is anyone going to object if I occasionally pop in and do a small plug for him? No probs if it IS a problem. Just wondering ....

21. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    There is some sort of 'no soliciting' rule, but if we're allowed to come and give a plug for a band we aren't involved in I see no difference in plugging a band you are involved in.

Traffic is so slow here anyway, I doubt anyone would mind.

22. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Thanks for that, jp-30. I certainly don't want to upset anyone, hence the question. I'll wait and see what others think, but thanks for the reply. :)

23. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    piff, go ahead. No one gets upset in here, unless it's 2DARK or some stray Australian.

24. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    LOL :) Sweet.

25. Star_Rocker

Star_Rocker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    So...anyone else going to Muse?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.