main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Video Game Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by DarthDarkstar, Apr 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I am an avid video game player.... I'm curious to know what everyone else is... What system do you use, what are your favorite games.. what game are you currently in right now..

I have a PS2. I play Tony Hawk 3 (One day I'll upgrade to 4) Grand theft Auto 3 (one day I'll upgrade to vice city)... those are the only games I own.. I am in the middle of Final Fantasy X, one of the only games of that genre, and its freaking cool....

Question.. If I am looking for more roleplaying games, does anyone have any reccomendations? Im looking for console games, not PC games...

ok I look forward to your responses

2. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    I have two Playstations, a PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Nintend64, the new Gameboy SP, gameboy pocket, Super Nintendo, and for nostalgia a Atari 2600 and a Intellisvison....

um...what was the question? Oh yeah, Definitely upgrade to Tony Hawk 4, awesome game. One of my favorite series.

I'm afraid I dont play RPGs all that often. I have a huge problem with 3 headed hydras appearing out of nowhere on a flat, grassy plain or just standing there waiting for my powers to charge while a fireball is melting me from the head down.

That said, Kingdom Hearts for the PS2 is fun. Any time you want to chat about games though I'm here for ya. I love videogames.

I'm currently playing Primal for the PS2, Metroid for the Gamecube and the Gameboy SP on the Xbox my most recent buy was DOA xtreme beach volleyball (why is everything X-treme nowadays?) and on the PC I'm playing Jurassic Park Operation Genesis. Oops, how did that Velociraptor get out of his pen, oops, she's eating the park guests...

3. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    What a relief it is to find that someone else enjoyed Kingdom Hearts... I loved that game and everyone looked at me all funny... Primal, how is taht game, I had it in my hands but couldnt bring myself to rent it...

Xtreme volleyball... he hee... last month in Electronic Gaming Monthly they put a code in for topless play, and its funny cause it was their april fools joke, they got a bunch of letters from some angry video game players.. I laugh imagining pre teen boys trying to play topless volleyball and getting really mad thinking they put the code in wrong or something.... funny....

and dang I bow down before your gaming excellence, I am amazed at how many systems you own.. I have a NES 64, sega genesis, and gameboy color, but the ps2 is the only one I play... any other games you reccomend for the ps2?

darkstar

4. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    other people enjoyed Kingdom Hearts, they just dont admit it.

Primal is definitely worth a rent, its a bit easy and that bothers some gamers but not me.

Ace Combat 4 is an awesome game. I love flight sims that look really good and play more on the arcade side of things and the replays are swesome, you'd swear it was real jets your flying around. One of the few games I've played more than once. In fact I'm on my third go around on that game, this time I'm killing all the aces in each level. They cower in fear when they see my SU-37 with it's full load of Fire-and-forget missles, BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (cough) anyway, a good game.

Racer Revenge is good, but it's star wars, its racing, its a videogame. Whats not to like?

ATV off road fury, is great. AI is a little cheap but still good.

Wipeout fusion, Spyhunter, SW bombad racing, Silent Hill 2, Metal Gear Soild 2 (weird story, great game, great soundtrack) SSX Tricky (Tricky is one of the greatest games of all-time! I still play this from time to time) I have more for the PS2 but, I cant remember what they are... I just remembered one, Zone of the Enders. Good game but repetitive.

Yeah that topless code was funny. When are people going to learn. By the way did you hear!? They finally released the Lara Nude Code for for Tomb Raider 2. It really works. WOoWHOO!!

At the Start menu hold L1+R2, then press t,s,t,c,x,x,x,select wait two seconds, s,s,s,t,x,t,x,t,x, then switch from holding L1+R2 to L2+r1 then press x,x,x,x,x,x,x,t,c,x you should hear Lara make a noise (like when she finds something in the game) but only after you successfully enter the code and then wait for fifteen minutes, if you dont hear it thats okay, sometimes it wont come on but the code still works. Then play the game. In Lara's house just stand there during regular game play and hold all four shoulder buttons and the select and start on controllers 1 and 2 for 3 minutes (You may need a friend for this part) and presto! her clothes come off!

BTW, the whole paragraph above is a total and complete lie.

Who else plays videogames? whats everyone playing, I mean BESIDES Neverwinter Nights.

5. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    I own (in chronological order):an Atari 2600, NES, Gameboy, PlayStation, Virtual Boy, Gameboy Color, Nintendo64,Gameboy Advance,Game Cube, and recently I got a PS2. Right now I am playing FF8(I just went out and bought a new copy)on playstation, trying to finish Metroid on GC (the last boss is so freakin hard), on GBA I am trying to program a game (so far its just a sprite running around the screen), on PS2 I am almost done with .Hack Vol.1 and all the other systems I haven't touched in a while.

As for good RPGs for PS2, .Hack is ok, but its kinda short, same thing with Xenosaga, becuase they are just part one of 4 and 6,respectively. An RPG that I heard was really good is Dark Cloud 2, and FFX-2 is supposed to be out before november (I know it really helps you now). Also, they are coming out witha 3d RPG maker for PS2 which should be fun (I have the first one, and if you take the time to make something good, its really fun). Other than that, you are on your own grasshoper.

6. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    I really only have an original NES and while I'm beginning to get more games I'm currently playing super mario bros. and Zelda (which is so hard because I forgot all the secrets) I have a sega genesis but it's somewhere in Green Valley Christian Center.. I left it in the Varsity Youth Room back when there was a such a thing... I bet they sold it or threw it and all my games away.... :( ekrin or moka maybe you could find it... I miss it very much.....

7. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2001
    i have all the nes systems and a ps2
    gauntlet,zelda, and ff are some great games. n64, zelda on there is just sweet and dk64,rouge squadron.....
    for ps get more final fantasy games, i really liked 9 :D also the lotr:two towers game, and if you like fps type games, medal of honor and the 007 games are good

8. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    YES! The 007 and medal of honor games were great... although I think they were cooler on the 64(007 games that is) the ones for the ps2 left me longing for more.. but the multiplayer on the ps2 007 is really cool... and medal of honor was a SWEET shoot-up game.

I played Balders gate II for the ps2 and loved it, but I heard it was cooler on the xbox. you should check it out....

9. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    GoldenEye and Perfect dark are the quintisential <sp?> FPS on consoles, the other bond games blew, but NightFire wasn't too bad

10. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    Another genre of games I enjoy playing are the horrorish type games.. Like Resident Evil... However, a great one in that genre is Silent Hill 2... it was a great game with a twisty story line... Has anyone ever played the first one... Another one that was kinda cool but ended up sucking hardcore was Clock tower 3... never heard of the first two so I dont know if they were any good...

Although the scariest game I ever played was "Fatal Frame" Gerson can atest to that. It was so scary that I didnt ever play it at night and I had all the house ligths on and I didnt like being alone.... It was like scarier thaan any scary movie... Speaking of.. Dreamworks is making that game into a movie... which is cool, but at the same time it kinda scares me cause video game movies usually are terrible (Resident Evil, Street Fighter). But if they stick to the story line (which is usually the problem of video game movies cause they go way off of the video game plot) it should be a good movie..

ok that was my two cents..

darkstar

11. Darth_Vitrious

Darth_Vitrious Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2002
    I own an XBox, PS2, Gameboy SP and a PC. RPG's are by far my favs, mainly on PC though as consol RPGs pale in comparisont. Right now I am into Dark Cloud 2 and its a great consol RPG. On my PC my second favs genre is FPS and I kick some major a$$ at them. For consols my favs genre is Racing games, I just got Midnight Club 2 for the PS2 and its great, can't wait for it to come out on the Xbox so I can play it in High Definition with Dolby Digital sound!

12. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I love survival horror,especially the Resident Evil and Silent Hill series. The first Silent Hill was great as well.

I however try to play them in the dark, alone with the lights off, and I usually get the crap scared out of me.

Fatal frame was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay creepy, I had to turn the light back on, especially with that hallway full of ropes (eeeeeeeeeek!)

I liked the Resident Evil movie, but I have a thing for Zombie movies. They put some elements from the game in it and it had the flavor I was looking for. Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying it's good, I'm saying I enjoyed it. But remember this. It's a Zombie movie. The precludes it ever being ggod,.

13. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    I too love the survival horror type game, but I like them better when I have unlimited ammo and the game turns into a zombie genocide. On the side conversation: I liked RE the movie. I, like Axia, am very prone to liking zombie movies. It wasn't as good as dawn of the dead, but it was good enough. Street Fighter on the other hand, as well as the billions of Mortal Kombat movies, Super Mario Bros., Double Dragon, and Tomb Raider, sucked. Bad. It goes without saying that I have seen them all, but only on my more masicistic days.

I have to go and try fatal frame, souds pretty good. I like games that freak me out, because I am not afraid of too much, and lack of fear makes life boring. I like the ring for that very reason, it was freaky.

arg. Back to homework.

14. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Okay, so we all know what we're playing. Any games people looking forward to? (dont say KOTOR or SWG) I'm looking forward to Silent Hill 3 and Enter the Matrix.

15. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    I just read a huge article in my EGM about enter the Matrix.. DANG it looks cool.. and a few months ago I read the one on silent hill 3... FREAKING cool stuff.. And as an old school Tomb Raider fan I am looking forward to the angel of darkness, they said it is different than all the crappy ones and it goes back to the basics... but better....

16. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Yeah I have high hopes for the new Tomb Raider game. But my reality meter keeps going off, if the fix the controls it might be good.

I'm not too keen on playing this guy they have in it though. It's Tomb Raider, it's all about Lara and her english accent, not some guy.

17. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    Yes I was kinda turned off by that as well.. and his part is all killing zombies and stuff.. which is cool for certain games, but in Resident Evil? I just dont know...But I'll still play it, and yes I hope they do something about those controls as well...

Has anyone heard of any other video game movies coming out... Im always intrigued by them even if they dont always come out right.

And I liked the Super Mario Bros Movie, even though it had NOTHING to do with the video game.. but it might have something to do with I saw it when I was like 10 and didnt know anyting about cool movies back then and havent seen it since....

Has anyone seen the cube? It is a WAY low budget movie but if you liked the gore of resident evil, then it is a renter... dang Im thinking of this other game I played that was based on a movie but I cant remember what its called.. its a recent game that takes place all in the snow and you have to fight these aliens, but they take over your friends bodies too so you eventually end up killing everyone in your team too.. it was a SWEET game if you like the killing-all-the-aliens-that-walk-in-the-room type of games

18. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    You are thinking of The Thing. I liked the cube, but most people i know hated it. I am looking foward to FFXI, I think the system they have going for it should work well, and the people in Japan love it, so we'll see how it does here. The other game thaqt looks good is Catan for PS2. Its an online version of the boardgame, Settlers of Cattan, and is onliune. I love the board game, so i think this will be a good purchase for me.

19. JonnyFlamehead

JonnyFlamehead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    I only own a ps2 and a PC, I am currently playing atv offroad fury 2 on the ps2 and SOCOM, mainly because they are both online, and for the pc I'm still playing Unreal Tournament 2003

20. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I saw The Cube and Cube 2, I liked the first one.

21. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    The thing... thank you.... tgood game

hey made a sequel to the cube? wow....

Hey acthar, have you checked out the new Mario Party for your gamecube? That was such a freaking cool game.. one of my favorite games to sit around with friends and play... so much good clean fun....

my shoot-em-up side is looking forward to Halo 2... I recently got hooked on Halo, but I joined in much too late and everyone always killed me... But its a great kill-all-the-aliens-that-walk-on-your-screen game.... and its a great kill-your-friend game.... more good clean fun....

22. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Started playing the new Indiana Jones game on PC. Bit early yet, but it seems like a decent game. The camera is quite evil. But everything else seemd okay, The sound is great! (duh.)

I wonder if Axia could use a bull-whip hmmmm, no bulls in Star Wars, a bantha-whip maybe?

23. JADED_JEDI

JADED_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    I really like Halo, too. I am slowly but surely getting better at killing people. Yet Ekrin still manages to kick my behind up and down blood gulch. Halo 2 is going to be great!

Speaking of Resident Evil (movie) Acthar sucks dead cat hair balls for renting it because it scared me and I repeatedly have bad dreams about it. You suck Acthar.

OO7 on N64 is wonderful, but I think Halo is taking it's place in my heart. Did anyone play Smash TV on Super Nintindo? funny... and Street Fighter 2 on Super- one of the most coolest old school fight games.

24. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    you got scared from resident evil... hahahahahahahaha.... oh wait... so did I :(

Smash TV was so much fun, it was much cooler at the arcade though. you know its a great game when you dont have to hit any buttons to shoot the gun, it just goes off automatticly... its a wonderful thing.

Hey Acthar, I am dying to know what happens at the end of FFX.... If you dont want to spoil it, then PM me but I am dying to know and I had to take it back. I got to the part that you find out all the maesters are really dead. and thats about it....

25. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    You guys hear about that new game called Black 9 for the PC that is coming out in november?

Check it out http://www.gamers.com/game/85157/previews

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.