main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Waking Up Skywalker (AU L/M)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by lukemaraben, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Luke is getting closer. I'm dying to find out how this unfolds. :D

AzureAngel2 and lukemaraben like this.
  2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    They are asking the wrong questions? Hmmm...I wonder if Karrde and Lando are pulling a prank on them so they will have to work together and fall in love. Nice update!

3. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    Uh oh. I think Luke's right. I'm thinking this spice could possibly be the root of all their problems...

4. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    Well, we can say one thing-they had a lot of fun that night. Spice? Maybe. They are two strong grown-up people, and they don't remember anything, plus they did strange and crazy things)

5. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Oooh...and so it continues! :D
    Spice? Hmm....I can't see Luke or Mara intentionally imbibing drugs, but maybe someone 'slipped them a mickey'. That would answer some questions. [face_dunno]

Oh just give in already, Mara! Would it really be so bad being married to the cutest, sweetest, nicest man in the galaxy? I sure wouldn't complain. :p

6. immertreu

immertreu Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2012
    Can you mix spice with a drink? That would be my idea how all this happened. And Luke is right, they are asking the wrong questions. Maybe they'll get an answer from Lando and Karrde.

Poor Luke, she's rejecting him again and again. :(

Thanks for the update! :)

lukemaraben likes this.
  7. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    We did in Germany. It's called Gluhwein. :p I think they bought some bad spice from a monkey in Bangkok. [face_laugh]

And we need an update!:D

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. lukemaraben

lukemaraben Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    I promise it's coming!

AzureAngel2 and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  9. lukemaraben

Sep 2, 2012
    Chapter 7​
    Mara watched as Luke rushed over to the comm station and after punching in the required code he requested to speak to Lando Calrissian to the man on the other end.

“Lando?” Mara asked raising a brow.

Luke nodded. “Karrde is with Lando right? Han wants to speak with Karrde.”

Mara sighed. It had to be a Jedi thing because none of it made sense to her. Karrde was a smuggler/information broker, Han was an ex-smuggler gone clean thanks to a illegal rebellion and a girl, and Lando was a ladies man/businessman/gambler what any of that had to do with her and Luke at the moment was beyond her.

“How’s a call to Lando suppose to help us find a diner?” Mara asked glancing back at the datapads spread out across the room.

“It will.”

Rolling her eyes, Mara turned her attention back to her datapad. “Classic farmboy.” She muttered hiding the smile that threatened to appear.

If Luke had heard her he did not bother to comment.

“Hey, Lando.” Luke said.

“This is unexpected! What does the renowned Jedi Master need today?” Lando asked.

Luke bit his bottom lip for a moment. He was not exactly sure what he needed form Lando. “Spice.” He finally said.

Lando through his head back and laughed. “Luke Skywalker wants spice!” He said again laughing harder. “So, you’ve heard about it too.”

“Heard what?”

Lando raised an eyebrow. “How I’m getting rich off this new stuff they’ve found in my mines.”

“Is it a spice?” Luke asked.

“Pretty potent one.” Lando chuckled. “Get on this stuff they say one can’t resist their inner desires,” Lando shrugged. “Or at least that’s how us smugglers put it. The NR is calling it the “Yes Potion”. Whatever you call it it’s making me rich.”

“How would one get their hands on it?” Luke asked.

“You aiming to test it out?” Lando smirked. “I hear it’s not been tested on Jedi yet…wonder what it’d do to you Force users?”

“Just answer the question.” Luke bit out.

“You won’t get any on Yavin, but on Coruscant it wouldn’t be to hard. Heck, Mara Jade might be able to hook you up.”

“Thanks, Lando.”

“Anytime. Go easy on the stuff.”

After signing off with Lando, Luke went back to his place on the sofa. “Ever hear of the “Yes Potion?” He asked Mara.

Mara looked up from the datapad she had been going through while Luke was on the comm with Lando. “Yeah, Karrde wanted to get his hands on some of that stuff.”

“Yeah, I’m guessing Han does too. Probably, to fund his Sabacc habit.”

“Is that what you and Lando talked about a new spice?”

Luke nodded. “He also said you’d know how to get your hands on it.”

“That’s just what we need…you think we’re in a mess now! Take some of….”Mara stopped. “Sith!!!! That’s it!” She yelled as if she had just won some huge prize. “Skywalker, I love you,” she exclaimed as she proceeded to plant a kiss on Luke’s lips. “I have some calls to make. Do you mind?”

This time it was Mara who rushed over to the comm unit leaving a stunned Luke sitting on the sofa.

All Luke could do was shake his head no and whisper. “I love you too.”

~​

Coruscant at a diner 4:00 AM

“We should do this more.” Luke stated as he sipped his steaming cup of caf.

“Minus all the shots, but agreed.” Mara paused to take a sip of her own drink, “Good caf.”

“Why don’t you come to Yavin more?”

“Hot. Sticky. Bunch of annoying Jedi wannabes. You constantly bugging me.”

“I could make you caf.”

Mara smiled, “Why, Skywalker, are you asking me out?”

“Would you like me to?”

“No Jedi training?”

Luke shook his head no. “Unless you’d like to train.”

Taking another sip of caf Mara pursed her lips pretending to think. “Maybe I could take some vacation time and come visit that muggy jungle.”

The waitress hobbled over to Luke and Mara’s table just then, “More caf?”

“Please.” Luke said.

The woman refilled the mugs and after Luke and Mara had taken a sip of the fresh caf the woman added, “You two make such a cute couple. How long have you been dating?”

Mara smiled and shook her head. “Just friends.”

“Deary, a man like this…. It’s best to snatch him up quickly.” She said as she walked over to her next table.

Luke laughed. “So, where were we?”

“I think I was about to say yes to a date with the most attractive man on Coruscant.”

“Blast! If I knew it was that simple I would have asked you years ago.” Luke smiled triumphantly.

“I guess I have a soft spot for farmboys.”

~​

“Aves, I need you to do me a huge favor.” Mara said to her co-worker over the comm.

“Personal or work?” Aves asked from the other end.

“Both.”

“Sure, what is it?”

“Send me as much info on the “Yes potion” you can gather. Where to get it, major side affects, and popular locals associated with the drug.”

“That’s a lot of info, Mara.” Aves replied. “I will see what I can come up with. How’s Skywalker?”

Mara didn’t give Aves the satisfaction of an answer before switching the comm off.

She’d kissed Skywalker! He’d kissed her back!

In her happiness over the new information, Mara had completely forgotten her usual carefully constructed walls, and now she had kissed Luke Skywalker. No ale involved. No “Yes potion” messing with her judgment.

Could she actually like Skywalker?

As quickly as the thought came, Mara pushed it aside. Her and Luke would have a lead to this diner, and the sooner they found the diner the sooner she could get back to work and away from Skywalker.

~​
    Mara returned to the living area a few minutes later.

“I take it my call to Lando wasn’t a waste of time after all.” Luke said casually.

“As much as it truly pains me, no it wasn’t.” Mara said sitting down in the chair across from the sofa.

Neither said anything. Mara would catch Luke staring at her, and Luke would pretend not to notice Mara staring at him.

“Aves will be sending some possible leads.” Mara added when she couldn’t take the silence anymore.

“You know,” Luke said after more silence. “What if we don’t find the answers we want?”

Mara sighed. “What type of answers do we want exactly?”

“The whole reason we’ve even gone through all the trouble in finding answers. So that you can be positive it was just the ale or the spice talking.”

“It was the ale, alright!” Mara snapped.

The room went quiet again.

“When will Aves have the stuff ready?” Luke asked finally.

Mara shrugged. Praying and pleading with the Force that the info Aves sent would be helpful. This marriage was becoming too real for Mara’s taste.

Tag list:Jedi_Lover Lady_Misty Book-Geek Hazel Briannakin WeAreJedi Tribaldancer Belle1214

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. lukemaraben

Sep 2, 2012
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Mara's cracking; ;) she won't be able to deny it for long. :) Hee! Looking forward to Aves' info.

12. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Bahahaha! It makes you do what you secretly want to do! HA! Spice is one hellava drug.

13. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    So are we doing this Hangover style? lol When they both woke up not remember a thing that's what I thought of.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Aw, its not that bad you guys....you make a great team...

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Aha! Thought so! Hopefully they get this mystery solved...and Mara doesn't want an annullment any more. :p

16. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012

Oh dear...ugh I think its more serious than you denied it was.

17. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Ha! I think Mara is going to have to admit that she actually likes Skywalker!

18. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Oh, Mara...give in. He's adorable. You like him..I know it..you know it...the readers know it,....just go on with it

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  19. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    "The woman refilled the mugs and after Luke and Mara had taken a sip of the fresh caf the woman added, “You two make such a cute couple. How long have you been dating?”

Mara smiled and shook her head. “Just friends.”
    “Deary, a man like this…. It’s best to snatch him up quickly.” She said as she walked over to her next table."

Mara, listen to the wise woman and claim farmboy as your own. There are not many men like him! This kind of men like pancakes. In this moment there are in front of you, and the next, there's nothing left)

20. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    “Blast! If I knew it was that simple I would have asked you years ago.”

How can something so simple be so complicated. ;)

Great chapter!

21. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Lando is going to be dead once Mara reads up on the Spice.

But all of that stuff in the Diner was so cute! [face_love]

22. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Great story up to this point --- but I've been left at the clift. Anymore, please tag me in.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    This is a fun concept and a great fic. Will it be continued? If so please tag me as well.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    This marriage was becoming too real for Mara’s taste.

This story is great. I just stumbled over it when I needed a break from Dutch tax forms that make my poor head hurt as a German person. Thanks for this unbelievable crack! This story is great. It is funny, witty and sexy! ^:)^