main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

We need you! Volunteer for the FF/JC table - Get colors! - ALL VOLUNTEERS PLEASE READ RECENT POSTS

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Jun 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I put in for a few times, I'll probably put in a few more after I finalize what I want to do/see.

2. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Do we just show up to the table for the times we signed up for or do we need to do we need to check in or something before that?

3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    As long as you're there a few minutes before your time starts, that's fine. If for some reason you can't be there on time or can't be there at all, that's when we'd like to know as far ahead of time as possible so we can plan accordingly. Contact info for the JC/FF staff will be available at the table in case you need to call/text rather than stop by the table.

4. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Great, thanks for the info. Looking forward to volunteering!

5. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Changed the times of me, barriss, PL, and jacen. Just an hour difference.

6. clonetrooper10

clonetrooper10 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2010
    Tried to put in sometime on Thurs, but the link wouldn't let me. So maybe I'll come by the table and see if you guys need help.;)

7. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Try refreshing the page and entering it again. That usually works.

8. clonetrooper10

clonetrooper10 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2010
    When I try clicking , it comes up program not supporting. And then a different page comes up.

9. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Weird, I've never seen that error. You can always just post or PM your times and we can add them for you.

10. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Signed up for Saturday from 4-6 pm.

And I gave the table a plug on the latest ForceCast! Hope we get lots of traffic.

11. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Dang, still no one's signed up with me.

Someone sign up to volunteer with me! I'd really rather not do this alone. :p

12. dragonmar

dragonmar Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2003
    Just signed up for Thursday 10:00 a.m to 12:00 p.m.. Looking forward to seeing other fan force members.

13. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Awesome!

Rew, I wouldn't worry too much about being at the table by yourself. If past Celebrations are any indication, there is hardly ever only one person sitting at the table. What always ends up happenning is we'll have the one or two people who are "officially" scheduled at the table, and anywhere from 1-10 other people just hanging out there waiting for their next panel, waiting for friends who are meeting them there, etc. The table essentially becomes a hub for JCers. A very popular hub.

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't think I'll be able to volunteer for a shift, but I intend to stop by often to meet people. :)

15. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I removed myself from the list because, alas, unforeseen circumstances have arisen, and I won't be able to attend CV this year. :(

(And drat, I was looking forward to talking Zelda with 2ndQuest. :p)

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Probably for the best- it'll probably take me until C6 to finish Twilight Princess, let alone Skyward Sword and the DS games ;)

17. Jinsei

Jinsei Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2010
    I put in for a couple of hours at the table, though it's not much; I'll put more in as I know more of what my schedule will be like. I was planning on Saturday, but I ended up volunteering for Offical Pix and extra shift on Saturday since they were short for the morning.

I'm sure that I'll get time in, and I'll probably plan on being at the table at about 5:30 on Saturday until the end of the night when I get ready to go to Endor. :p

18. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
  19. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Ok I finally decided to sit down with the schedule and sign up!

20. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey people!

Please stop adding yourself to shifts already filled and instead fill the EMPTY shifts! :p

21. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Yes, please fill in the empty slots people. We really shouldn't have 5 people signing up for the same time slot. We probably won't even have that many chairs.

22. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    EVERYONE PLEASE READ

In the vein of what the guys have posted above, just a bit of clarification.

We think people have mis-interpreted how we intended to set up the sign-up. It's only 2 names we want/need on the actual schedule.

We don't mind if more people hang around if it isn't negatively impacting on why we have the table in the first place (which is to show off FF/JC/TFN) and anyone that comes up to the table is dealt with politely and in a way that positively reflects on our organisation. But we also need all the slots filled as much as possible.

So what we are going to do is go through the spreadsheet and remove any entry after the second person's name from the listing (with the exception of the special instance of Joe's time at the table) as to be fair we should deal with it on a first come - first served basis. Anyone that has their name removed doesn't mean we don't want or need your help, but we need it directed to the overall effort across the weekend and such if you wish to sign up for one of the two specific slots then you will have to do so in an empty one that suits their schedules.

I'm going to be going through the spreadsheet in around 12 hours from this post before I head off to fly out. Between then and now if anyone wants to they can make arrangements with the other people in that time slot to shuffle things around if they really need to be at the table at that time.

Please let me re-iterate: none of this means that we don't want your help at the table, nor that you can't be at the table at that time. What it comes down to is that we need specific people to be responsible for the table and what is both on and under the table. As long as it doesn't become detrimental to what we are doing with having the table there, more people can be there with their friends between events. But the two people who have their names down are going to be the ones responsible that: everyone that comes up to the table gets to talk to someone about FF/JC/TFN; people don't just keep taking multiples of the freebies on offer; and that the equipment on and under the table is looked after (especially important to me as most of it will be mine). This is nothing more than an organisational issue.

Thanks everyone, and feel free to ask any questions that you have about it.

23. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I've signed up for an hour Friday afternoon... probably will be there longer than the hour but that's all I can be relatively sure of right now.

24. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    I've made the alteration to the spreadsheet. Again, it doesn't mean that you cannot be at the table, but we would like you guys to try and fill existing times so we have some known coverage.

25. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Signed up for a couple of slots that no one else had yet taken.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.