main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Web Editing Software

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by emimar, Feb 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emimar

emimar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2003
    I was wondering if anyone could suggest an inexpensive software that I could use. In the past, I have been using Netscape Composer, which I lost the disc for and is the reason why I need to replace it.

I'm not too bothered about making flash animations etc, I just want something that is similar to Composer and lets me set table widths, heights etc in pixels, rather than centi-metres and allows you to set link colours, backgrounds etc.

I have tried using Microssoft Publisher and Word, but they just don't cut it.

I want something that I'd be able to buy in a shop, rather than download off the internet.

Thanks in advance!

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I use this awesome program called Notepad! It gives you complete control over every aspect of the website, and it even comes pre-installed on every Windows computer. :p

3. emimar

emimar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2003
    The only porblem with notepad is that you tend not to know what it's going to look like until you've saved it and veiwed it in a web broswer. If you've gone wrong with it, you then have to try and find the place where it did go wrong, which is why I want something like composer.

4. Dunc T'racen

Dunc T'racen Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 11, 2000
    Homesite.

It's like Notepad on crack, and there is a preview feature. Although I tend to use a real browser simply because the Homesite preview isn't great for everything.

Still, for basic HTML stuff, it should be okay.

For Macs, there's BBEdit. No preview, but it's still pretty good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.