main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Wedge fans sign in here! (v 2.0)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Mirax Terrik, Apr 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    *snort* You never mess with Wedge. Unless you have a death wish. [face_devil]

2. Corell

Corell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2000
    I'll second that!

Rogue 5 checking in!!

3. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    I think they should put up a statcue of Wedge on Couscant. In fact I present to you this statcue of Wedge Antilles. inscribed on the statcue " Leader of Rouge Squadron General Wedge Antilles. He paved the way for Freedom in the galaxy." All basck in the glory that is Wedge Antilles!!!

4. Starfox

Starfox Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2001
    Wedge-fan signing up, sir!

Wedge is my favourite small-role-character - I'm quite annoyed that he didn't have more screen-time. But he's a legend still.

5. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Maybe we could all start a petition for a tenth X-wing book to make up for the time Wedge wasn't on the big screen. :D

6. Rogue_Solo

Rogue_Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2001
    I second the 10th X-Wing book idea.

7. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Hear Hear

8. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    If they do another X-wing book, who do you think should write it?

I vote Allston. :D He did an excellent job with the Wraiths and Wedge's characterization. And you can't forget those Ewok jokes. ;)

9. Rogue_Solo

Rogue_Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2001
    Allston and Stackpole should work together. Allston could come up with the dialogue, and Stackpole could write the dogfighting scenes. That would be great.

10. Corell

Jul 5, 2000
    I like the joint author idea, but Ruin was Stackpole's last book in the Star Wars universe, so I'll have to go with Allston (plus Allston has an awesome sense of humor...I still find Starfighter's of Adumar hilarious after reading it five times, and my parents and friends think I'm nuts).

11. Corran9

Corran9 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    I'm reading Starfighters for the second time...I think its funnier the second time than the first.

Yes I agree there should be an NJO X-Wing series with Wedge as the Wing Comander.

There should also be a statue of Corran Horn...right next to Wedge's....he DID take down that last generator in Wedge's Gamble.

12. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    So be it. Behold the glory of the galaxy's two greatest pilots Wedge Antilles and Corran Horn.

13. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    And Face. ;)

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?storyID=10242

14. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    O.K so no one is left out I here by open to the public The Hall of Star Fighter Aces featuring pilots from Rouge Squadron and Wraith Squadron. Feel free to add what ever pilots you deem fit to grace this hall. In order to have your pilot in this great hall please point out his or her's great merits and feats. Republic,Imperial,or any pilot in the galaxy that you think belongs here.

15. Rogue_Starbuck

Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    Wedge = GOD
    Corran = Mrs GOD

Wes Janson should be in The Hall of Star Fighter Aces because:

Merits - He is funny, and can make the "Yub Yub Commander" line fresh everytime I read it. A real team player. Except for that whole shooting down Kell's Dad part. ;)

Feats - He shot the tow cable that brought down the walker on Hoth. Feel free to add more.

16. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Well, Allston did say that Wedge would be in hid NJO duology coming up.

A statue of Hobbie:

Merits: He never says much.

17. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
  18. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Hmm, I'm assuming that Wedge is already in this Hall of Fame. ;)

Face Loren

Merits: that killer joke on Grinder(glass crawlers). Works well with others, and does lunatic Imperial plays every hour on the hour! :)

Ton Phanan

Merits: The best doctor that you ever wanted to kill. One half of the dynamic sarcastic duel(Face is the other half). And extra bonus points for failing with dignity.

19. Lisse

Lisse Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2001
    Ooh! Wedge thread!!

Sorry I can't nominate anyone yet. I just got hooked on the first X-Wing book. :D

20. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    I add Voort "Piggy" saBinring.
    Merits: He is the only Gamorrean that can fly. What more do you need to say?

Soontir Fel,Plourr Ilo,and Nrin Vakil for being the only Rouges to survive to the X-wing books from the comics. Other than the original fab four.

21. Corell

Jul 5, 2000
    In addition to Wedge (he's a given) I nominate Tycho.

Merits: He takes care of Rogue Squadron while Wedge is with the Wraiths.

22. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Just a note Wedge,Hobbie,Wes,Tycho,Han,Luke,Zev,Biggs,all pilots at either Death Star run,pilots at Hoth,liberation of couscant,Bacta War,plus Ric Olie. Are already in the Hall. But if you feel somthing needs to be said about a character go ahead and share your thoughts.

23. Corran9

Dec 8, 2000
    HGonestly I dont think any of the wraiths belong in the PILOT hall of fame. They weren't anywhere near as good as the Rogues. There were very few exception of course....maybe Face maybe and he was the best of the lot.

So far the only fighter jocks I'd put on the list post OT era would be Wedge, Tycho, Corran, and Luke and then further down on the list I'd put Janson, Klivian, Darklighter, and maybe the red head.

24. Corell

Jul 5, 2000
    You mean Pash Cracken?

25. Corran9

Dec 8, 2000
    Yeah thats him, couldn't remember his first name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.