main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Welcome New Visitors!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Meriwyn, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Heather27

Jedi_Heather27 Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2008
    I know I shouldn't be so shy, I'll probably hover and then lose confidence and look like a dork [face_blush] I never know what to say, you know? Posting messages is easy because you don't have that pressure on you. But fear leads to the dark side doesn't it lol [face_laugh]

2. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Welcome to the Boards, Jedi Heather. Hope you'll stop by and say hi during Steel City. *grin* don't worry about having to make clever convo with us, we're friendly geeks and always very happy to meet new folks.

3. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    I have an idea. You should wear a Star Wars shirt and we will try to find you. :p Then together we will all make our way over to say hello to Ray Park!

:)

Edit: Any place is a good spot to start reading in the books. The Darth Bane book was excellent, and you don't have to have read anything previous to really understand it. The Legacy comics are awesome!

Depends on which characters you like the most, really.

4. Jedi_Heather27

Jan 22, 2008
    :) Sounds like a plan! I will most definately be wearing a star wars shirt, I usually do when I'm not a work. I will attempt to make my way to you guys! Thank you for being so nice! I am looking forward to this con even more now! I am just not sure which day or days I will make is so far!

The Legacy comics are the ones set in the far future aren't they? Or am I thinking the wrong storyline? [face_blush]

5. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    Don't believe his lies!!!!

[face_worried]

6. xm41

xm41 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2007
    Damit!, If you keep scaring them away we will never procure the required blood of an innocent in time to perform the sacred ritual before midnight on All Hallows Eve.[face_skull] [face_devil]

7. Jedi_Heather27

Jan 22, 2008

umm :eek: I think I just realized I can't come to the Con this weekend.....yea thats it [face_whistling] umm darn it....

[face_laugh] you guys are crazy!

8. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    sorry. been watching MEMENTO again...

9. Fettclone1

Fettclone1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    *writes on arm*

Oh. Hello there...

10. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    Well hello there. What exactly were you writing on your arm?

11. Fettclone1

Fettclone1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    The name of my boss...

12. Aaron_Doral

Aaron_Doral Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2009
    Hi.
    You don't know me.
    I don't know you.
    Oh, and I absolutely hate Star Wars.

One of those statements is not true.

Frak I'm rhyming. why am I rhyming.

Oh yah and I almost forgot.

Mwahahahahahaha.

13. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    [image=http://msp153.photobucket.com/albums/s238/bradly2795/lol_wut.jpg]

14. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    [image=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3642/3426762231_4fe13e9cb3_o.jpg]

15. Bookworm70

Bookworm70 Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2009
    s'up ya'll im a new guy. i met some of you at comicon and this thing seems super fun time awesome!

16. DarthSugarDonut

DarthSugarDonut Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2007
    Welcome. It is super funtime awesome. Even moreso if you learn the ways of the Force. And not just the narrow-minded, dogmatic ways of the Jedi. If you want to become truly powerful, you must embrace all aspects of the Force. Particularly the sugary side.

17. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Welcome to the boards!

18. Cannikin

Cannikin Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2009
    Hi, I've been a life long Star Wars fan since I saw A New Hope when I was five. I heard about the group at ComicCon and I just remembered about it now. So yeah, fun times. Looking forward to satiating my fandom at work now.

19. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Welcome to the boards! We're getting together in real life at the Carnegie Science Center on Nov. 7. You are welcome to join us :) Just check out that thread for the details.

20. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    Hi all! I'm from Ohio and I think this is the closest FanForce chapter to me, what all do you have to do to be part of the FanForce? :)

21. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Welcome, Zem!

To join the Pittsburgh Fanforce (which is currently going by the name of the Science Fiction Alliance of Pittsburgh, which is how we are listed on Facebook btw) is a long and difficult process. You must post occasionally on the boards. Every once in a while show up to a real world event. That's it :)

Where in Ohio are you? Most of the Fanforce boards are inactive, there was a mass die off in the years following RoTS, but Pittsburgh some how keeps wandering along.

22. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    Well, I'm willing to post on the boards occasionally, and I'd like to show up at real world events someday, but I'm not exactly prepared to drive to any events yet (as I don't have a job or driver's license yet, I'm only sixteen).

As for where in Ohio I am, I would prefer not to name the town on the Internet (besides you wouldn't know where it is anyway :p ), but I'm in North Eastern Ohio.

But anyway, if you'll let me hang out on the boards, I'll see about visiting a real life event someday! :D

23. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Boards have been a bit slow lately. Feel free to post and make threads as the mood strikes you. If you can get someone to drive you in (like a parental unit) we're meeting at 10 am at the Steel City Toy and Collectable show, this Sunday.

We're also on Facebook under the Science Fiction Alliance of Pittsburgh.

24. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    OK, thanks for the info! :D But due to some changes in my life (all good :) ), I won't be joining. Once again, thanks for the info! :D

25. RebelDawn

RebelDawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Not exactly a new visitor...just had a very long absence.

Thought I would stop by and see if there were any familiar faces. I seen greencat is still around :)

Anyways, hoping to get re-involved and wanted to say HI!!

<3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.