main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    I played rebel assault 2 earlier, and wanted to shoot myself by the 2nd level. Was funner back in day apparently.

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    In the xbox sale I got:

Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad
    Wolfenstein 3D
    Motocross Madness

Also, Gears of War is the first free game for December so I got that too.

It's been a mix of those, Lego Marvel, GTA V, and some stuff on the 3DS.

3. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    I beat GTA 5 a few days ago, story seems so short and has less character development than 4... But they set up the backstory of characters A LOT better. I wish it was a bit more drawn out, more missions, heists, and missions related to friends/side characters. Plus I actually liked the friendship mechanics of 4, but I think that I hold a neutral stance on the absence of the girlfriend mechanics, and substituted it with the FWB you can have with the... Dancer ladies at the gentleman's club. I feel like that mechanic only suits Franklin because he's young and frustrated with his ex, but it'd be good to have the option of making him move on from her and not be angry anymore. And with Michael the only way you can see a side effect of doing this is if you go see his shrink. So you get away with it regardless of who you play as, Trevor is a different story because he's just a madman; but I think a city girl wouldn't go near him because of how he looks.

Anyways I'm probably over analyzing a purposefully simple story, in the end I really liked it, I just wish it was longer.

Also, I bought The Secret World yesterday, $15 :D I've always wanted to play it and now that it's got the same F2P model as Guild Wars 2, I am looking forward to it. Esp the 5th DLC, because it is about C'thulhu, or seems to be. Either way I think I'll love it... :3 Anyone play it?

4. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    I think game developers have become so used to warning us about saving our progress, that it has become a reflex action for them, to the point of writing warning texts on instinct where it's not needed. Case in point, I want to quit my session in Battlefield 3, and a message warns me that quitting will nullify all unsaved progress. I accept and quit anyway, only to be met with the words "Saving" appearing on screen. [face_laugh]

Edit: I haven't played GTA 5, but every time I see the TV ad, the Michael character reminds me of Sony's Jack Tretton.

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Skyrim. Over 150 hours in this playthrough. Somebody help me.

6. Denco

Denco Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2013
    Star Wars: The Old Republic :p

7. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake

Life likes this.
  8. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I was bored today, so I decided to start playing Super Metroid. It's just as awesome as ever!

9. Barbecue17

Barbecue17 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 11, 2013
    I'm bouncing between the Modern Warfare 3 Campaign, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, and some game I downloaded on my 2DS but can't remember the name of.

10. TheRevanchist

TheRevanchist Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2012
    Planescape Torment

11. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    A bunch of PC games, mostly in the strategy genre. I got a bunch of things off of Steam last month during the sale so I'm immersing myself in a lot of new stuff.

In order of most played to least:
    Europa Universalis IV (played an aborted Castile, a shelved England, and a current France game). Making lots of mistakes but I'm learning.
    Crusader Kings II. Started as an Irish Count (original character) for my first play-through. My dynasty is on my fourth ruler who is currently the King of (most of) Ireland.
    War Thunder (free-to-play MMO WWII dogfighting game). Having a blast with this, though I just started. I would totally pay for the premium stuff if I could afford it right now. Try it out if you haven't heard of it.
    Fable: The Lost Chapters. Played about 10 hours so far. Not sure how long the game is, so I don't know how far in I am, but I'm going for an all good character for the first play-through (barring lots of thievery:p). Will probably save before I do the Lady Grey quest (not too far ahead I think) so I can play both options in the first play-through.
    Empire: Total War (got this in August). Playing the finishing stages of my first (easy) campaign as Great Britain with about 3/4 of the world conquered, a medium campaign as Prussia in the beginning stages, and the War for Independence campaign.

And occasionally popping in Medieval II: Total War to play various campaigns in vanilla and several mods, and doing some stuff in Civ IV.

So yeah, lots of PC stuff.

12. Jerrybanana

Jerrybanana Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2013
    I am currently going through borderlands 2 with this ultrawide monitor:

amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!

13. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Still playing Hitman: Absolution, but have begun on Need for Speed: Most Wanted as well. It's addicting, to be sure, but I still find it rather underwhelming. May be because I've mostly played it single player offline. The multiplayer mode is how it should be played. Borderlands is similar in that respect.

Whenever I'm patient enough I have a short go at Amy.

14. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    Grand Theft Auto 5 and FIFA 14

15. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Tales of the Abyss for 3DS.

Basically:
    [​IMG]

16. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Left 4 Dead 2. Free on steam today.

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  17. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Downloaded The Last of Us from the PSN last night and began playing today. I'm impressed with it so far. Character animations are very well done and fluent, the storytelling is great and voice acting is top notch. From a gameplay point of view, the controls are just the right balance between intuitive and straightforward on the one hand, and unnecessarily complex enough on the other, to still feel like a survival game.

18. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Ryse: Son of Rome.

19. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Just know absolutely nothing about history (seriously, Romans didn't slash about with their weapons... also what the **** is the Colosseum doing there? It wasn't built yet!), care nothing about good writing and love QTEs and you'll do fine. :p

20. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    At least the graphics are nice? :p

07jonesj likes this.
  21. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    From a review I read: "Ryse has a gleeful disregard for historical accuracy, providing a melting pot of famous figures, ancient myth and outright daftness. By the time dual-sword wielding barbarian queen Boudica arrives on a giant war elephant and the Colosseum shows off its transforming mechanical floors, you have long agreed to go along for the ride." :p

Life likes this.
  22. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I've been playing Heavy Rain. There's lots to like about it but my goodness is some of the voice acting horrendous (LOL @ "JAASSSOOOOOOON!!!!") and the overall story (so far) isn't exactly pulling me in the way I hoped.

23. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Boba_Fett_2001 Game has a slow start, it picks up. At least for me, the last 5 hours or so were incredibly tense.

24. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Yeah I know it's slow in the beginning, I've already done the first two trials. I guess there are just certain parts to the story that bother me like the cliched local police vs FBI and if they have the right suspect or not. I suppose this game has a little twist to that where it's actually the cocky local police who are convinced they have the right guy and the passive FBI dude is skeptical. Usually it's the other way around. :p

25. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Also, Killer Instinct X1 reboot. It's awesome. Just wish that they had remade the entire game and not just an Xbox Live tournament.