main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN What are you reading?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by rhonderoo, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Me? I'm reading The Hobbit, because I've never read it before. Starting a little slow, but so far so good. Like the other Tolkien books, it's very imaginative, but gets a little much sometimes.

I'm planning on getting the Alpha and Omega series by Patricia Briggs on my Kindle to read next. Also, you can get classics for free on Kindle, so I went on a "buying" spree and got all of the Jane Austen books!

2. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    At the moment, JJM's Knight Errant. :cool:

After that, I've got the first book of Patricia Briggs' Alpha and Omega series waiting on my Kindle.

3. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Okay, now that I've finished The Hobbit, I'm going on to Lord of the Rings, then I'll be reading the Alpha and Omega series and hopefully by then the new Mercy Thompson book that comes out in February. Yay!

4. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    A Song of Ice and Fire, George RR Martin. Mediaevel setting fantasy series with sex (including underage sex, dwarf sex, and incest), violence, intrigue, swearing, dragons, intrigue, the undead, awesome characters, intrigue, at least one plot point that will make you throw the book across the room, intrigue, dysfunctional families, and intrigue upon intrigue upon intrigue.

Oh, and did I mention there's some intrigue in it?

5. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Does it have some intrigue in it, Ben?

6. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    My oldest son loves The Hobbit and LOTR... I've never made it through all of them... But he has.

Currently... Knight Errant and finishing up Red Harvest... and some books on The Sixties and China and Indians but those are for school and I don't count them...

7. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    The Hobbit was pretty good. I've read LOTR before, but reading it now I remember... lord, it's tedious. I'm on page 25 and have heard about the entire history of Hobbits and who they're great aunts were, and etc., etc. Tolkien got a little too much into his hobbits, if you ask me.

Supposedly, Christopher Lee reads the LOTR trilogy every year. It probably takes him that long to get it done.

8. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Me, too- as soon as Nicki is done with our copy. I walked past her a minute ago and she was reading it.

9. Lej_Cumar

Lej_Cumar Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2010
    I'm taking a break from my goal of reading the Star Wars novels in order, as much as possible. My next Star Wars book will be AOTC.

However, right now, I'm reading Mass Effect: Ascension. Obviously, I'm kind of a sucker for spacey, science fiction/fantasy type stories. :D

10. Darth_RobDog

Darth_RobDog Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2004
    I'm about to start reading The Force Unleashed II.

11. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I just started the 11th book of The Dresden Files. I highly recommend the entire series.

12. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    TFU II was good. It didn't have as much of a plot/story as TFU I, but I thought it was written better (i.e. better characterizations, didn't read quite so much like a video game transcript, etc.)

Tim: Changes Heh. That book was evil. Freakin' AWESOME, but so, very evil. [face_devil] I loved it!! ;)

13. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I love, love, LOVE Brit Chic Lit. And my favorite is the Shopaholic series. Light, entertaining, funny and you can check your brain at the door. I read this stuff when I'm stressed. Right now I'm reading the 6th book in Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic series, Mini-Shopoholic.

I still need to read number two (or is it three?) of the Dresden stuff, I can't remember the title. Too stressed right now for mystery, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.