main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What do you know about Poland ?

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by Luck, May 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    Grown ups don't call each other 'dumb' out of the blue. They offer arguments, not just empty statements. Hopefully. I don't think you know Pirry enough to say he's dumb.

2. SITH-ASSAULT-73

SITH-ASSAULT-73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2003
    I didnt call him dumb out of the blue!! But like I said lets go on as grown-ups! So let it rest..N-J!

3. Luck

Luck Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2003
    I wonder where are your from SA - 73. Are there more people who hes such a stereotyped opinion about Poland? You have probably stoped yourself in communism's times.

4. SITH-ASSAULT-73

Dec 12, 2003
    What's up Luck? My wife is Polish. So do not think i know nothing about Poland!!! I have seen things only happening in thirdworld country's. DONT GET ME WRONG,I DONT HATE OR DO NOT LIKE POLISH PEOPLE! Fact is that they are very nice and easy going. It is the goverment i am talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry if i got upset when this kid from Spain said Poland would be a very powerfull EU country....! He knows nothing and that his falt!

5. pirry

pirry Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2002
    As I told you in the PM you sent me, your attitude to me was nice [face_plain]

You know, I can be wrong, but you're being wrong with me too. Better learn how to say what you think without offend people [face_plain]

And thanks, Nwalme Jade :)

6. SITH-ASSAULT-73

Dec 12, 2003
    Your"e right Pirry! Sometimes i go to far and i dont mean any disrespect!

7. Nwalme Jade

Apr 13, 2000
    You're welcome, Pirry.

And who would have thought Japan would recover so well after WW2? You just can't say a country will never be powerful.

8. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    A crazy dude? :p

"Never say never"

;)

9. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    SA-73 You are right about our goverment :( There are so many stupid people there that we won't be a powerful country for a long time :(

10. Luck

Luck Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2003
    ok ... it's true that our guverment is not good but we must belive that it well change. for example politicion organization - PO. I think they are good.

11. SITH-ASSAULT-73

Dec 12, 2003
    Well....there is always hope! But dont count on it. There is only one powerfull country in Europe and that is France(i am sorry to say)!!!

12. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
    To be honest France is big loser not a big power :mad:

13. Nwalme Jade

Apr 13, 2000
    Any argument beside that smart statement?
    At the moment, the leading force is the franco-german axis. Sorry. Fact.

14. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
    You want arguments I'll give you some.

1) French are brave when someone is fighting for them. They forgot about thousands of Poles who lost their lives fighting first for freedom of France, because France always said they will help us to fight for our freedom. Their word is B*******!!!! And don't say it's not true because the history will judge this.
    2) Before II World War they were brave but when Hitler attacked Poland they didn't do anything !!!!!
    3) They think they are the smartest people in the World and everything that is against their will is bad and can't be accepted.
    4) There are stupid laws that don't allow Islamic people and other relligions to wear in public anykind of relligion relicts. What is this?
    5) Everybody say that it's Poland fault that there is no EU constitution and that we don't agree on new voting system. Tell me why the hell did they agree to Nice system in the first place? Who do they want to fool? Are they thinking we are stupid? And than saying you won't agree to our terms then we won't give you any money. If they think this is the way the can win they are wrong. We might have bad goverment, we might be a poor country but we will remember what they did for us. We will. One day it might change and then I hope we will talk with them like they talk with us.

15. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    I hope this won't be a problem :(

Anyway, I'm gonna give my opinion (if you all don't mind):

The most powerfull country around Europe is Germany. But now the power of Europe is in Germany and France, that's truth. And that's bad. Bad for the rest of countries of the UE, very bad, if the constitution will finally go on, the Ger-Fra will have enough power to control all the important decisions of europe. And being honest, that's VERY BAD.

Soon, something has to happen, if nothing happen I sadly have to say that Europe will broke in two sides: Germany-France and the rest.

The ideal of a strong Europe will never work if only 2 countries of 25 can control everything.

Besides, I would like to say I don't have anything against France or Germany, in my opinion they are two good, nice, and friends countries if we don't count their goverments :) ;)

Luke I agree with Poland about the constitution, in fact, Spain is at the side of Poland about this :) ;)

16. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    One thing is for sure, power of countries come and go as time ticks on. I am excited to see the eastern european countries like Poland, Romania, etc. rise up and grow with all the great potential that they have. The people have resources & a strong spirit and I believe the time is coming soon where the direction for countries like them will only be to move up and prosper. :)

On a side note;
    Have I ever mentioned that Spain is a beautiful country? I was there this past August(2nd time) and I love Valencia! :) In the middle of all this snow I dream of the warm sunshine of Valencia. :D

17. Kdace

Kdace RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 23, 2001
    The idea of giving all powers to France and Germany is certainly not good but things need to be changed in EU.

And for what Chimpo said i will just answer that it was another time with another government. and by saying French word is bull**** you're just stomping me and my honor. You don't know me and millions of french, i don't think you have the right to judge them. So next time, think and then write.

(just to say i'm not against Poland, i'm part polish, my grand father was polish until he took french nationality in the 70's)

18. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    Whoa! KDACE you are part POLISH???
    I never knew that after all that time I posted on the french boards!! You know my husband Ludovic that moved here from Paris is 75% french but 25% polish. His grandfather on his mom's side is 100%Polish. I'll have to say it is a great mix! :)

19. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
    Kdace And for what Chimpo said i will just answer that it was another time with another government. and by saying French word is bull**** you're just stomping me and my honor. You don't know me and millions of french, i don't think you have the right to judge them. So next time, think and then write.

Ok sorry :( I shouldn't judge the nation :( Sorry French people :(

But I don't see any changes in your goverment over the years. They always said, Poland is our friend and other nice words when French companies started to invest in Poland. And now that we didn't agree on few terms with France they tell us to shut up and be quiet. What's this ? Tell me how can you expect from us Poles to be friendly for French people when your goverment tell us to go back because we don't want to agree on few things that are important for our country. Next time they will tell us that we can't have any vote in anything because we are poorer country. If the EU is only for French and German companies that want to sell more products in new countries and nothing more then why should we even join the EU.

20. Kdace

Aug 23, 2001
    On this situation i understand your point. It's likely the same problem with WTO, nations from the north like EU or USA protect their industry or agriculture by faking prices. nations from the south are strongly against this, it destroys their development. In the background it's the same problem that Poland, Spain... etc against France and Germany : a country just think about itself. Each country just do everything for his interests, there is no exception.

21. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    Kdace are you ignoring me?

....the exception is the USA right??
    ;) JUST kidding

22. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    Hey Lady_Lucas!

Have I ever mentioned that Spain is a beautiful country? I was there this past August(2nd time) and I love Valencia! In the middle of all this snow I dream of the warm sunshine of Valencia.

Valecia is such a nice city! :D I hope one day you will come to the south, to Seville!!! :)

Really nice [face_mischief] ;)

Coming back to topic I only have to say that, be patiente Luke, the join of Poland (which is the most powerful country that join) will be sucessfull, believe me, in 5 years you will see how things change, new roads, trains, tourist, etc...

I can say this 'cause Spain was in a very bad posicion before 1986, and now we're the 5 power of europe, and the 8 of the world!!! Actually is the country that grew up better the last 5 years in the UE!!!!!!

Just Patiente :)

And about France, I could be angry, France always said "Europe begins in the Pirineos" and we're showing them that's not truth. France always wanted (and want) to stop our growing up. But I'm not angry with France, I'm very angry with their goberment ;)

And I'm keeping my way of thinking, something has to happen in the UE, otherwise we will see... :(

23. Kdace

Aug 23, 2001
    Not at all Lady L . There's lot of polish/french mix in France especially in the North. Grand fathers of my father were polish miners.

24. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
    Kdace If I'm right many Poles emigrated to France in XIX century because of repercussions from the invaders.

Manu I'm for joining EU but I don't like when someone want's to cheat. That's all.

And I hope to see some changes :D But they will be seen probably in 10 years with our goverment work :(
    I hope tha EU will make them work harder for our and Europe good :)

25. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    Ludovic's Polish grandfather(who has passed on) was also a miner that moved to the north of France where he met Ludovic's french grandmother. So that is typical.

I think as many countries that can should join the EU. If it is can continue to be organized well it will only result in even more efficient nation building economically. I know from a financial stand point(my job) the Euro is and will continue to be one of the best things Europeans could of done. It is hard for countries to stand alone especially when they are small. It is a hard balance sometimes to still keep the uniqueness of your country and unite under one European banner at the same time. That can be difficult... but not impossible. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.