main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What do you know about Texas?

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by DARTH_CONFEDERATE, Dec 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH_CONFEDERATE

DARTH_CONFEDERATE Jedi Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Texas really has nothing to do with Europe, other than it being built by people of European decent. I just want to see what you Europeans know about my home state of Texas.

2. Baltic_herring

Baltic_herring Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2002
    Some centuries ago Texas was situated between Sweden and Finland on BalticSea. People could walk thru Texas without getting socks wet. Then something very strange happened. It started to drift and soon passed Denmark and Norway. While the journey, Texas grapped of huge portion of oilfields from bottom of Sea of Norway and took them with it. Texas ended the drifting into continental named after Americo Vespucci, the famous... uh... Vespucci-man!
    Things started to calm down on northern parts of Europe and tales of Texas-isles were forgotten. Only few long bearded vikings do remember the golden age of Nordic Texas. When the winters were cold and summers were hot.
    Don't know what Texas does today. Maybe produces some oil and long bearded citizens who look like ZZ-top players.

3. DARTH_CONFEDERATE

Mar 14, 2003
    I guess Europeans don't know much about the greatest place in the world.

4. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    So Texas is in USA. It is one of 50 states. It's probably second biggest state of USA if I'm not wrong. George W. Bush is from Texas. There is very hot climate there. The biggest cities are Houston, San Antonio and Dallas. Of course there is lots of oil there. Republicans are winning there everytime. If I remember anything else I will write.

5. DARTH_CONFEDERATE

Mar 14, 2003
    Do you know any of it's history. Have many countries have controlled it?

6. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Do you know any of it's history. Have many countries have controlled it?

There were Indians first. Then Texas was a Spain Colony. Then it belonged to Mexico. In 1835 or 1836 Texas became an independent republic. I'm not 100% sure about this. And in 1845 it joined Union. Then in 1861 texas joined Confederation. And once again in 1870 they joined Union. :D Correct me if I'm wrong :)

7. handzik

handzik Jedi Master star 5

Aug 20, 2002
    All I know is that you have lots of cows and cowboys :p

Chimpo I'm impressed by you're knowledge!

8. DARTH_CONFEDERATE

Mar 14, 2003
    Well, besides the Indians, Spain had it first. Then France claimed it too. Spain and France argued over it for a while. Then Britain took over all French posesions in North America and gave everything east of the Mississippi River and below Canada to Spain. Then Mexico got independence, and Texas became a state in Mexico. Mexico agreed to let Americans and Europeans come in and settle Texas because they wanted to take control away from the Indians. Santa Ana became dictator a few years later and took away freedom. He shut down immigration and nobody could get in or out of the country. So the Texans started fighting to get back the Mexican constitution of 1821, but started fighting for independence before the battle of the Alamo. Texas won its independence at the battle of San Jacinto in 1836. Texas became an independent republic and opened its doors to immigration, mainly from the U.S., Britain, and Germany. In 1845 the United States annexed Texas. In 1861, Texas secceded from the Union and joined the Confederate States of America. The U.S. invaded and took over the CSA and Texas was admitted back into the Union a few years later. There is a whole heck of a lot more history than that, but that's all I feel like telling.

So six countries have governed Texas. Spain, France, Mexico, Republic of Texas, the Confederate States of America, and the United States of America. Six flags have flown over Texas. That's how the Six Flags theme parks got its name, I don't know if y'all have heard of Six Flags.

9. handzik

Aug 20, 2002
    Yeah, I've heard of Six Flags. Is it better than Disneyland?

10. DARTH_CONFEDERATE

Mar 14, 2003
    I don't know, never been to Disneyland. I'm told that Six Flags is better though.

11. handzik

Aug 20, 2002
    I think there is a Six Flags park here in Europe too.

Edit: Just chcecked that, there are even 2 parks, one in Belgium and one in Holland :D

12. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    As far as I know in Texas death penealty is still executed.

13. DARTH_CONFEDERATE

Mar 14, 2003
    Yes it is, Germany could really learn from us.

Just kidding, y'all do what you want. You think we are wrong for having it, I think y'all are wrong for having the maximum sentence set at 15 years.

14. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
  15. DARTH_CONFEDERATE

Mar 14, 2003
    What did you say?

16. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Doesn't matter

17. DARTH_CONFEDERATE

Mar 14, 2003
    Oh come on, I want to know.

18. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    I deleted it for a reason.

19. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    It was just a statement, that isn't the place to discuss my opinion about that. And not the time.

20. Damarcus

Damarcus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2003
    You have lot's of Deserts and Texas Rangers like Chuck Norris :cool:

21. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    I love Baltic's post.

22. Darth_Fizyk

Darth_Fizyk Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2003
    I used to read many adventure books about Indians and "Wild West" (and also about Wild East, North, and South of America ;) )
    About Texas... hmmmm Everything what I know about is above :)

23. MARCOLAS

MARCOLAS FF France North CR - FanForce Logo Designer star 6

Apr 3, 2001
    Texas is the country of the Ranger Cordell Walker :D

24. DARTH_CONFEDERATE

Mar 14, 2003
    If an episode of Walker Texas Ranger has ever changed your life, you might be a redneck.

25. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    Marc, seriously [face_laugh] are you that bored on sunday afternoon???

And I think y'all are wrong for having the maximum sentence set at 15 years' actually that's incorrect, you can get life sentence. I wonder what do you know about Europe? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.