main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is your favorite planet in star wars? and other stuff...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by darthbarracuda, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    I have many planets that I find are cool, like Hoth, Kessel (I know it's an astroid), Naboo, Ord Mantell, Geonosis, Coruscant, etc. They are primarily from the saga movies.

However, my favorite planet is Tatooine. It's the first planet you see in Episode IV and all of Star Wars. It's cool how it's only inhabitable in a certain area of the planet. The animals, like the Dewbacks, are sweet. And the music that J. Williams made for the scenes on Tatooine in the original trilogy are amazing. And don't forget Jawas.

What is your favorite planet?

PS I heard somewhere (its was speculative) that Lucas might have based many things in Star Wars off of the book "Dune". Arrakis, a desert planet, was said to be the basis of Tatooine. And there's these giant desert worms that eat everything and move under the sand. It's like a mix of a Sarlaac and Exogorth. And instead of the Death Star plans being stolen, there's stolen spices and stuff. Even Jabba might have been from "Dune"! There's this fat slug with a man's face that rules over Arrakis, like how Jabba kinda owns Tatooine.

Yeah those books, like Dune and the "Foundation" series, helped Lucas make Star Wars, but I still like Star Wars better...what's your take on this?

2. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Jaina Solo's homeplanet: Coruscant aka Notron aka Imperial Center

If I could choose one planet, world, dimension, land, city from reality and all works of fiction ever created, it would be Coruscant.

It's the capital of the Republic and Empire, homeworld of Humanity, Queen of the Core, the entire planet is one big city and the bright center of the universe. So why not living there?

And yes, Star Wars has been inspirated a lot by Dune. For example, Tatooine is like Arrakis and could be called a rip-off, there are no Sandworms in Star Wars but Sandcrawlers, in Dune they're machines used to collect spice from Arrakis' surface and Jabba shares some similiarities with Baron Harkonnen (they both are really fat^^).

The Galactic Empire in Star Wars is based upon the Galactic Empire in the Foundation novels, except the latter is portrayed as benevolent, while the Galactic Empire in Star Wars is evil.

3. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    My favorite: Coruscant, Korriban.

4. AdmiralSteven

AdmiralSteven Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 23, 2010
    I love big cities, so I'd have to say Coruscant is my favorite followed by Naboo. Being originally from New Mexico, I'm fond of the southwestern indian pueblo style buildings, so Tatooine is also on my list of favorite planets.

5. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Honoghr home of the Nohgri

6. xtinataguba

xtinataguba Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2012
    my favorite planet on starwars is naboo! ;)

7. MagicSpork

MagicSpork Jedi Knight star 2

May 25, 2004
    All of the planets from the original trilogy suck.

Tatooine - too hot
    Hoth - too cold
    Bespin - too gassy
    Alderaan - too blown up
    Dagobah - huge swamp
    Endor - full of carniverous Ewoks that eat people without even thinking about it

One thing I will give to Lucas...he made the planets in the prequels a LOT nicer...

8. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    Lucas had the budget to make any planet he wants in the PT

OT he had to make do with location shooting

9. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    What was that city in one of those Kyle Katarn games.. something like the Vertical City? Very cool. (I know its not a planet)

10. Attariel

Attariel Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    If I could get rid of the Gungans from Naboo I would be able to live there. But I could stand to live on Tattooine its nice and sunny there. Besides I think the idea of a binary star system would be awesome. A single sun is soooo old fashion lol

11. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    I like Hoth and Mustafar the most; opposites attract.......

12. Dragon_eye

Dragon_eye Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2006
    I always wanted to visit Coruscant..[face_batting]

thesevegetables likes this.
  13. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    you can: it's called New York :p

thesevegetables likes this.
  14. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Arkania beat out the Mandalorian system by a hair.

15. AdmiralSteven

AdmiralSteven Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 23, 2010
    I love New York, but it you want a really cool cit to visit Hong Kong's a great city. I've been there twice while in the military, and looking back I'd have to say that it's close to Coruscant. On the Hong Kong side, there are different aereas, you can go from building to building and not having to step outside...so in some respects it's kind of like Coruscant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.