main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is your favorite track from Return Of The Jedi (SE)?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by General Kenobi , Aug 14, 2008.

?

What is your favorite track from Return Of The Jedi (SE)?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. The Pit Of Carkoon/Sail Barge Assault

15.5%
  2. The Emperor Arrives/The Death Of Yoda/Obi-Wan's Revelation

10.7%
  3. Shuttle Tydirium Approaches Endor

1.2%
  4. Emperor's Throne Room

2.4%
  5. The Battle Of Endor I

6.0%
  6. The Battle Of Endor II

20.2%
  7. The Battle Of Endor III

6.0%
  8. Leia's News/Light Of The Force

9.5%
  9. Victory Celebration/End Title

15.5%
  10. Other (please specify)

13.1%
  1. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
  2. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    "Battle of Endor II" for "The Dark Side Beckons" and "The Emperor's Death."

3. Darth_Vader-Anakin

Darth_Vader-Anakin Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 22, 2002
    I went with "Battle of Endor III". Darth Vader's Death has long been my favorite use of the Imperial March and Superstructure Chase is amazing as well.

As I listen to this now, I await the day when they finally decide to properly remaster these.

4. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I hope you meant "The Main Reactor." What's to like about "Superstructure Chase"? Recycled writing, bad performance, bad recording, bad mix.

5. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    "The Emperor Arrives/The Death of Yoda/Obi-Wan's Revelation" for me. The track may be a bit too long and could've been broken up on album, but it has a lot of interesting thematic material and variations across its 11 minute duration. I love the final statement of Yoda's theme as he dies and fades into the Force as well as the fanfare at the close.

To be honest, though, I find myself fairly unenthusiastic about this score in general especially in comparison to ANH, ESB, and TPM.

6. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    I really love BoE II for The Dark Side Beckons and The Emperor's Death. My biggest complaint against the OST (other than being a single album) was the absence of The Dark Side Beckons (we got the short track titled "The Emperor", which was basically the last three minutes of the BoE II track).

And there are a lot of other great moments, but my overall favorite for years has been "The Emperor Arrives/The Death Of Yoda/Obi-Wan's Revelation". (Also absent from the OST.)

7. Trentman359

Trentman359 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2002
    Sail Barge Assault is a pure joy.

8. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Battle of Endor I: because "Into the Trap" is my all-time favorite Star Wars piece.

9. Cellist

Cellist Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2003
    I'm choosing "Other" and going with Luke and Leia. There are some really great cues on this soundtrack, but they are all combined into 10 minute-long super tracks and it doesn't make for the easiest listening experience.

Leia's News/Light of the Force gets an honorable mention. For me, Light of the Force (the film version) is the best arrangement of the Force theme in any of the films.

10. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I chose the Battle of Endor II but almost chose "other" with the Forest Battle concert suite at the end of the second disc.

11. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    I voted Endor I for Into the Trap also. Wanted to get it for a ring tone but of course it wasn't available for my phone.

12. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    This. Brilliant track.

13. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    Sail Barge Assault is sick. It's been my favorite ever since I saw ROTJ.

14. MasterLuke-83

MasterLuke-83 Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2008
    Victory celebration.

15. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Battle Of Endor II, with The Dark Side Beckons.

16. PoopaPapaPalpatine

PoopaPapaPalpatine Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2008
    Emperor's Throneroom. That score, by itself, is just downright chilling.

17. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Pit of Carkoon/Sail Barge Assault.

18. RurouniKJS

RurouniKJS Jedi Youngling star 2

May 4, 2005
    This was my first-ever SW OST, a requested Christmas gift in 1984. 'Til then, I hadn't realized movie scores EXISTED on LP. Barely a teenager, I wore that album out (until I got the ESB LPs with birthday money in 1986). My original favorites were "The Emperor" and "Return of the Jedi," better known today as "The Emperor's Death" and "Sail Barge Assault." "Into the Trap" was also a big favorite, as was "Rebel Briefing" ("Leia's News/Light of the Force" album version)

But as an older teen and young man, more than any other track left off the original album, I was glad to finally get "Shuttle Tydirium Approaches Endor" when the 4-disc boxset was released in the mid-1990s. That's the one that has to have my vote.

And thus far, it looks like I'm the only one. :)

19. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    Oh, that's a great track, one of my most-played from the OT soundtracks. Of course, on the 1993 Anthology box set, the track is called "Faking The Code". :)

20. RurouniKJS

RurouniKJS Jedi Youngling star 2

May 4, 2005
    KNEW I should've checked that CD case before I wrote that. :D

21. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Emperor's Throne Room for me. Truly chilling, and amazing work.

22. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    BoE II.

23. JediKnightSkywalker

JediKnightSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2008
    I went with other and couldn't decide between 'Luke and Leia' and 'Parade of the Ewoks,' which are the two most prominent pieces of new material exclusive to "Jedi."

The latter is a quaint arrangement that captures both the essence of the Ewoks as characters and the subtext of their involvement in the story...the idea of heart and determination triumphing over technology in the matter of conflict.

But I really love 'Luke and Leia.' Not only is it an incredibly sweeping symphonic piece in and of itself, but now with the PT, I find it to be a very charming companion piece to 'Anakin's Theme' from the "Phantom Menace" score.

Master_Ysagon likes this.
  24. Louis_Skywalker

Louis_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2008
    Its the victory title at the end for me. Def not the new version though! The old one is the one for me. It brings back all the memories of childhood and loving the end of Jedi. I can't even watch the end of the new Jedi because of the change

25. Darth_Rafaaz

Darth_Rafaaz Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2009
    Without hesitation, the Victory Celebration. I really love that track. It gives a great feeling to the end, happiness, family, redemption... I don't know exactly how to express it, but it's clearly my favorite.