main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social What is your first memory of Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Silas Tri

Silas Tri Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 6, 2012
    My first memory was May 1977. It was a hot summer day when my uncle took me to see this weird new sensation called Star Wars. It made such an impression on my 10 year old brain that I had dreams about the film for a week.

2. AlkalineAmidala

AlkalineAmidala Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2012
    First memory was my mom planting me in front of our OOOOOOOLLLLLLLDDDDD TV with a very interestingly rigged up VCR and telling me that I absolutely had to see this and that I would like it.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  3. queenallana

queenallana Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2012
    My first memory was when I picked up a copy of Destiny's way from a borders store. It was on sale and was super cheap and I can still remember reading about Jacen solo after his capture during the Yuuzhan Vong war after he escaped. That book let me to star wars addiction :)

DarthIshyZ and morrison85 like this.
  4. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    I was sitting next to my best friend with their parents, popcorn and was promised I would soon see the best movie ever. TESB was shown in TV, the whole family sit in front of the TV.
    I think shortly after that, I was introduced to the EU by said friend :p

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  5. -Remi-

-Remi- Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 8, 2007
    My first memory of star wars was jabba the hutt.....You would think, why not some more cooler well known character? Don't ask. [face_laugh]

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  6. Kweh-chan

Kweh-chan Jedi Master star 1

Mar 7, 2006
    I was four years old and I wanted to watch a film. I remember my parents looked at each other and my mother asked my father "Do you think she's old enough to watch that?" They returned with a video, which turned out to be Star Wars Episode IV; having been force-fed Disney, and living off of taped Nick Jr. videos sent by my grandmother, and BBC News, it was obviously unlike anything I had ever seen. I asked so many questions.

I think it was at the Cantina scene that I realised my parents had graced me with something truly special. And, as a side note, I remember distinctly that of all the characters in the Cantina, I liked the two Duros (Ellorrs Madak and Chachi DeMaal) best...I supposed I was paving the road for when Episode I and Neimoidians came out, lol.

Now, my parents are both self-described "big" Star Wars fans...to the extent that they love the films, enjoy talking about it, and use it as a part of a master's degree (my mother); however, they had NO idea of the monster they created! It took one dream about C-3PO, and the following morning, I was a fan for life.

DarthIshyZ and -Remi- like this.
  7. -Remi-

-Remi- Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 8, 2007
    Liked the way you chose to word fan for monster. [face_laugh] And using it as part of a master's degree? Awesome. [face_dancing]

8. Kweh-chan

Kweh-chan Jedi Master star 1

Mar 7, 2006
    LOL, thank you!

Yeah, I thought it was pretty cool! I believe she was writing about mythology in film...or something to that extent. She's an IB teacher now, and actually teaches the films to some of her classes.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  9. RaptorWizard

RaptorWizard Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2012
    Back in 1999 when I was 5 Phantom Menace came out amd I watched it and dang it was pretty freaking amazing and also that kid Anakin seemed so innocent and immature I literally thought he was 5 just like me though in reality he was 9. Can you believe it? That little squirt was a big 9 year old boy!

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  10. Devrin Ismeto

Devrin Ismeto Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2014
    It was back in 2000. I was watching Ep. I (Not the best place to start, but loved it all the same. I was just a kid at the time so I had no idea what was going... until the Duel of Fates. That fight really resounded with me.

Oddly enough, I never actually watch the original trilogy until 2010. That was when I became a real Star Wars loon.

DarthIshyZ and Cushing's Admirer like this.
  11. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    sitting with my dad watching the Empire Strikes back on fox.

12. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    It was either watching the Tantive IV racing across the screen with the Devastator not far behind, Jabba's Palace or the Ewok's Village.

13. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    My earliest memory of the series is watching "A New Hope" with my cousin Jared in the living room floor. I was about five years old, and all I can recall in detail is Vader's entrance onto the Tantive IV, plus R2 and 3PO walking in the desert. I may have fallen asleep after that; not sure.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  14. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    My earliest memory was watching RotJ with my brothers while eating a bowl of Froot Loops. I had a stomach bug at the time and got sick during the Jabba's Palace scenes.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  15. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    My earliest Star Wars memory date sback to 1977 when I thought as a 6 year old that "Star Wars, now playing" commercial meant that at the theatre it was actually playing and we were missing it.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  16. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    Technically, my very first memory of SW was of being utterly terrified by Jabba the Hutt at some random broadcast of ROTJ on TV when I was 4 years old, so that I ran screaming to my room. [face_blush][face_laugh] (That would have been 1989.) But my first clear memory of SW was seeing a local commercial advertising the theatrical release of the Special Editions in 1997, when I was 12. I turned to Mom and inquired about getting tickets, and thus was born the addiction, lol.

(Seriously. I was so determined not to miss ESB due to a broken passenger door on Mom's Chevy Blazer that I held it shut for the entire drive on the expressway. [face_plain][face_rofl])

DarthIshyZ and Devrin Ismeto like this.
  17. CloneTrooper9000

CloneTrooper9000 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2014
    Mine would be my parents taking me to see it in 1977, I would have been 3. My brother had just been born so we had dropped him off at my grandparents. I remember being scared to death of Darth Vader and thinking that the lightsabers were the coolest thing ever. I remember my mom trying to explain to my grandparents why I was swinging my arms around and making funny noises when we went to pick up my brother.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  18. CloneTrooper9000

CloneTrooper9000 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2014
    HA! I remember my mom explaining the exact same thing to me!

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  19. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    My first coherent memory of SW was waiting in line outside of the Huntridge movie theatre in Vegas to get in to see ESB when I was 6. I remember there was a mural on the outside wall of the theatre of the SW characters and I remember Vader was in the very center of it.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  20. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Watching A New Hope with my cousin on my uncle's new high tech...projector!

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  21. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Luke loosing his hand. I think I was 4.

Very traumatic.

22. boonjj

boonjj Jedi Master star 1

Jan 21, 2016
    Vague recollections of my friend playing Battlefront (2?) on Kamino and I think a Trade Federation ship and some bottom level circle room with tunnels leading into it.

23. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Running over my brother's foot with my toy truck while he was excited about The Phantom Menace....

Jedi Knight Fett and Sith-I-5 like this.
  24. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    This:
    [​IMG]

I don't know why, but this shot, something about it, was the thing that stuck with me the first time I ever watched the Star Wars trilogy.

25. jedi9617

jedi9617 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2016
    Lol good thread..
    I remember watching it when I was tiny...didnt understand a thing lol. Its only recently that I've been following