main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atlantic What? No Regular Fan Force?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Mikias_Kune, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikias_Kune

Mikias_Kune Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2006
    I will be moving to Halifax in August and was upset to hear that there is no organized fan force in the Maritimes. I was wondering what teh possibility of anyone planning on forming one in the Halifax area was. If there is, I would love to help. It's more fun to do stuff like Celebration4 and stuff with people.

2. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    We used to have two NB chapters but those forums are hidden because of lack of activity...as for Halifax, I don't know.

3. Pyrus

Pyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    Doesn't seem likely. I don't think I can even think of a half dozen Halifax area posters on the boards and most of them, myself included, don't really post much or at all to fanforce.

4. DarkSavior

DarkSavior Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2006
    I live around Halifax, I am from Cape breton and I can't really make a meeting or anything. I spoke with Mike about this before and we did have a FF that was in Halifax but it dropped due to lack of availability.

You may want to put up some sort of invite on the canada general boards or something on here that asertains to what you want.

5. Jedi_Knight_Mikias

Jedi_Knight_Mikias Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    Hmmm...I'll look into that. It'd be nice to have a group of Star Wars fanatics to associate with[face_laugh]

6. Pyrus

Pyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    I'm watching Star Trek! :p Happy New Years!

7. Shaggadelic_Jedi

Shaggadelic_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2006
    Wow...I found some other maritimers...

Happy New Year indeed...

I'm the second poster on here for the dawning of 2007!
    And by the activity level around here it looks like I might be the last as well. I check in ocassionally to see if anyone discovered these boards...

I certainly wish there were more people from our area who would communicate on here more often...

8. Darth-Influenza

Darth-Influenza Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2006
    Hey, I join in if you don't mind some one from London Ontario. For some reason there does not seem to be to many people this side of Alberta.

9. Ton_G

Ton_G Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    Yes! Do join us!

10. Darth-Influenza

Darth-Influenza Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2006
    I came to understand something about Canada on these forms. Canadians are known the world over for being freindly, this is true. However for the most part we are not social people anymore.

I Think it's a great idea to just start talking to other Canadians, on their home forms. If enough of us do it, others will follow and these forms would buzz once again.

11. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002
    Well then let us Buzz.

12. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002
  13. TenelKaSolo

TenelKaSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2004
    It would be great if there was a chapter in Nova Scotia. I'm in the Annapolis Valley and don't drive so getting to gatherings in the city is a little difficult. But it would be cool if there were 'travelling' meetings - i.e. different places in the province each time. Well, in the meantime, we can just chat here. :)

14. cristalvandepol

cristalvandepol Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 30, 2002
    We tried the whole chapter in Halifax with no success whatsoever. It's sad, but it's true. There was a lot of excitement about it for awhile but no one actually wanted to meet anyone else. :p

15. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002
    Well, we still could try a Halifax Chapter.

16. cristalvandepol

Jan 30, 2002
    I'd be willing, I guess... I suppose. I'm just really busy with school work that I've basically cut out friend time altogether. :p

17. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002
    Yeah, that's the way it is. But we'll have to check out the future.

18. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    Alas...there were the days when DarthBabe and I and a few others kicked butt out there...We need to do something to reignite the passion that once was the ACG!!!

19. TenelKaSolo

Oct 18, 2004
    where abouts is everyone located, anyway? I work in Kentville.

20. cristalvandepol

Jan 30, 2002
    Halifax or Pictou County.

21. Jedi_Pam

Jedi_Pam Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2006
    I thought I would pop over here and say hello to you. What with my Leafs Forum and being on the San Diego Star Wars Society Forum, I have limited time to play around. I keep forgetting to log into the San Diego (where I call home now) Fan Force forum. I missed the little 'war' you had on the SD Fan Force Forum. The only friends I have in Canada are all Leafs fans (like me) but I've never run into a Leafs fan who was also a Star Wars fan. That is the best of both Worlds. Leafs and Star Wars. :)

22. TenelKaSolo

Oct 18, 2004
    Well, I'm a Leafs fan! I will say (as I take cover) that they are my second favorite team - Wings generally being my first! (unless they're playing a Canadian team for the cup, then I have to go with Canada! :) )

23. Jedi_Pam

Jedi_Pam Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2006
    Well the Leafs are my favorite team and the Wings would be #26 on my list. Sens are #30.

Leafs and Star Wars. Best of both worlds!! :D

24. cristalvandepol

Jan 30, 2002
    Gah! Leaf fans! [face_sick]

GAH! OPPM! *cries*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.