main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit What retcons if any would you like to see happen as a result Episode 7?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JStepp, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Frankly, after we learnt Yoda told Luke such crucial things like the day his dad hallucinated a space station with magical creatures inside, half the stuff he did or didn't tell Luke before he died no longer makes much sense. :rolleyes:

2. CaptainPeabody

CaptainPeabody Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 15, 2008
    You know, as Zorixxor pointed out, it wouldn't really be that hard to do an "alternate timeline" wipe on LotF and FotJ. I mean, we have flowwalking, timeline alteration, all kinds of crazy crap going on. The series could even retain quite a bit of power as a poignant indication of "these are the horrible, tragic things that would have happened if..."

3. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Yer best start believing in the Twilight Zone, sonny, yer in it!

4. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Ahhah! I've got it:

LOTF and FOTJ were what Jacen saw when he looked in the Pool of Knowledge.

In Kemp's duology, we'll see Jacen wake up, a year after he set out on his sojourn after TUF, and go: "I'm glad I never did that!"

:p

Tinwe, DarthJenari, SiouxFan and 4 others like this.
  5. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Perhaps the what-if machine was invented, and Jacen is the first to try it...

6. Purpilia

Purpilia Jedi Master

Jan 2, 2010
    I am all for a soft restart. Some stories we have gotten in the past few years sucked pretty hard and, while I spent the money on them, I'd be happy to get a much better story; especially if we get another film(s). One major thing I hope they abide by is the Atlas. Keep all those maps and respect all the hard work which has gone into them. Respect the sourcebooks in regards to planets and species and the tenants of the Jedi and Sith. If they want to retcon out Jacen's fall or someone's death, fine. Even retcon certain characters out. But allow for the bare bones stuff to stay. That is what has made Star Wars for me; the level of detail our authors have put into creating the galaxy. The wars and battles are all just fluff added on in my opinion. Here's hoping they respect the galaxy and give us great stories in it.

7. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    I don't know why but I picture Jacen being Stewie Griffin from Family Guy when he decided to kill Lois only to show it was all a simulation...

8. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    "You know, this is like that Twilight Zone where the guy wakes up, and he's the same -- but everyone else is different!"

"Which one?"

"They were all like that!"

9. JStepp

JStepp Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 10, 2011
    GrandAdmiralJello or another mod can you please change the title so it says Spoilers, I want people to be able to talk about spoilers freely. Thanks a lot! Force save the Emperor! lol

10. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Bah, that pales in the face of The Scary Door....

"Turns out it's man"

"Why should I believe you? You're Hitler!"

instantdeath likes this.
  11. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    You are entering the vicinity of an area adjacent to a location. The kind of place where there might be a monster, or some kind of weird mirror. These are just examples; it could also be something much better. Prepare to enter: The Scary Door.

blackmyron likes this.
  12. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
  13. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 19, 2003
    The retcon I want to see? We discover that Thrawn is actually the son of the notorious bounty hunter Cad Bane.

14. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry. [face_laugh]:_|

15. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    We see from Zahn and Stackpole's "Side Trip" that Thrawn is a pretty good shot...

16. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Retcons?

Ok.

1.The Empire no longer exists, in any way, shape or form. The Rebel Alliance succeeded!
    The Empire is gone forever, and I'm pretty sure that 7 will make no mention of an Imperial Remnant.

2. Luke's first student after ROTJ was Leia, and they're both Jedi Masters. The Jedi Order is completely independent of the Republic.

3. Yoda was right! Vader killed every Jedi in the galaxy except Obi-Wan and Yoda. When Yoda died, Luke was the only Jedi left in the entire galaxy.

4. The Sith have been extinct since ROTJ. If they return, it should be shocking, because they were thought to have died at Endor.

That is all.

TheRedBlade likes this.
  17. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    Reboot Reboot Reboot Reboot.... Freakin Reboot..... getting so sick tired of hearing about such a ludicrously silly notion. This ain't the bloody DC universe you know [face_frustrated]

18. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    None of the above. The SW story has remained intact for nearly 40 years. Having that level of meticulous planning destroyed by one decision by some business executives would be the greatest blow the franchise could recieve.

19. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Well...

20. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Another one I thought of: either everyone knows from the end of RotJ that Luke and Leia are Vader/Anakin's kids, OR there's a specific time in which that information is revealed to the galaxy. As it is right now, it's very nebulous when that became common knowledge.

21. JStepp

Jun 10, 2011
    Hasn't that subject been brought up before, I think in LOTF they made it quite clear that everyone knew that Jacen was Vader's grandson, I might be wrong...

22. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    The destruction of the Denningverse and the Filoniverse are the only retcons I would welcome, but I don't think those retcons are going to happen.

23. JStepp

Jun 10, 2011
    Filoniverse is defs safe, I would say denningverse is in the most danger a long with Legacy. I would be okay with the elimination of FOTJ and LOTF but not NJO. I LOVE NJO!

Force Smuggler and Zeta1127 like this.
  24. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    You know, I was thinking about Legacy earlier...

Might it be a blessing in disguise that the only returning characters were from the Clone Wars?

Yes, the backstory is rooted in Hett being taken by the Vong... but how much does Legacy actually specify about who the Vong were, how big this war with them was, etc, etc, etc? Even whether or not Roan was a Solo was never established in the story itself, we had to wait for the RPG Campaign Guide if I recall correctly...

There are the flashbacks Cade has of Mara... but on the whole, very little of the overall story has much that would be changed if 90% of Bantam and Del Rey were purged and/or compressed. And given the comments by people like Whedon, I fully expect to see the Vong again if there is a reboot, even if the story was totally different -- but the specifics don't effect Legacy.

25. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    NO MORE DARK-SIDERS after ROTJ (in any continuity). Also, how do you guys feel about the Sith species?