main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY What ROTS Jedi duel is your favourite?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Viceroy_NuteGunray, Dec 3, 2005.

?

What ROTS Jedi duel is your favourite?

Poll closed Mar 26, 2012.
  1. Anakin & Obi Wan vs. Count Dooku

10.0%
  2. Anakin & Obi Wan vs. General Grevious

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Obi Wan vs. General Grevious

10.0%
  4. Mace Windu vs. Palpatine

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Anakin (Darth Vader) vs. Obi Wan

50.0%
  6. Yoda vs. Palpatine

30.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    This first FF Tas poll is pritty self explainatory. Just like to know which of these ROTS Jedi duels is your favourite. The Obi Wan and General Grevious duel was a bit of a cakewalk for Obi Wan, but the Anakin and Obi Wan duel had symbolic consiquences to the Star Wars saga. My favourite is the Yoda and Palpatine duel because it's cool when Yoda knocks out the guards and took on Palpatine as he threw the Senate benches at the little guy (proving that "size matters not!"). Now we know what he means when he says to Luke in ROTJ "Don't under-estimate the powers of the Emperor."

2. woppo

woppo Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2004
    The Obi-Wan, Anakin fight has to be my favorite, have been waiting for this fight for many years, all through the fight I was hoping Ani would come back to the light side....if you had not seen ep4, 5 and 6 you would not know he was the bad guy and would be hoping he turned back to the light side.

3. Darth_Deaks

Darth_Deaks Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2005
    The Obi-wan & Anakin versus Dooku is my favourite. It's very much like the Luke/Vader duel on the Death Star in ROTJ.

4. Amaya_Unduli

Amaya_Unduli Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2005
    It was a tough choice, as all of the duels in Sith were awesome. But the Obi/Ani one had to come out on top for me because there's an emotional and storyline type of conflict happening as well as the pure physical fight.

5. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    There is also the fact that we have been waiting for the best part of two decades to see that fight

6. Amaya_Unduli

Amaya_Unduli Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2005
    Could have something to do with it!:D

But I think one of the reasons why it was so highly anticipated was because it had so much potential. We knew that there was something more going on than just the goodie tries to kill the baddie and vise versa. There was that whole element of 'you were my best friend and now I'm going to kill you'. It just adds so many more layers to it. It's more complex than just a straight beat-em-up.

7. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    yeah, what I liked about it though was that Obi and Ani completely matched each other. Think about it, if they had been in that frame of mind in a room with no dangers it would have gone on until they were both on the floor exhausted.

What's really funny is to see the practise sessions of The Duel and Ewan knocks Hayden over and then he helps him up and they go off set with their arms around each other. ;)

8. Darth_Deaks

Darth_Deaks Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2005
    Yeah, really funny.

9. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    Alot of scenes we see on ROTS are a slitting image of other scenes from the other Star Wars films such as the Obi-wan & Anakin versus Dooku duel as you pointed out. Also the last scene when Obi-Wan gave baby Luke to Beru and Owen is standing on top of the creater look out at the setting suns as Luke would do in ANH.

10. obi-han-doa

obi-han-doa Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 12, 2005
    hi all im an sa member and thought ill have a look at ur poll

my fav fight is yoda and sidious then mace n sidious

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.