main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What scenes do you want to see in The Clone Wars?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by InterestingLurker, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    Certainly!

2. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Yay, TCW's books conflict with the EU as much as the TV show does! Not only timeline wise but also the nature of the promotion. Great work, TCW. :)
    Love it.

I'd prefer just Mygeeto and Saleucami considering the other two were covered by The Hidden Enemy and Reversal of Fortune, respectively.

3. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    With Boba acquiring the Mando-style cape like Vizsla had, and after leaving it vague in S2 as to how Jango related to the Mandalorians, I felt like Death Watch taking Boba under their wing and acquiring Slave 1 from Hondo was inevitable. Still waiting on that I guess. They take Mandalore and turn them into a bunch of pacifists, and then semi-burn the bridges between Mandalore and the Fetts and put Boba Fett under the care of Aurra, followed by Bossk - who later on is competing against him to capture Han Solo...

I felt like building a bridge between Boba and what remains of the Mandalorians' warrior culture would have been the obvious and most sensible thing to do. And perhaps have Pre Vizsla speak highly of Jango to shoot down Almec's claims of Jango being estranged to Mandalore.

4. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 21, 1999
    I'd like to A'Sharad Hett and/or Jourus C'Boath. It's criminal they haven't been featured so far.

5. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Why would you want Jorus C'baoth to appear? He's dead.

6. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    This. Great ideas, TaradosGon! =D=

One more thing I want to see: Maul fighting with a double-bladed lightsaber again.

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I have no desire to see Jedi Master ***hole C'baoth but his death in the EU won't matter if the writers decide he needs to be in the show.

8. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    1. Clones singing Vode An to boost morale as they slowly are overrun by hordes of droids.
    2. AT-AT's being field-tested in a battle to devastating effect.
    3. Separatists using Hailfire droids against Republic AT-TE's, as seen on the first battle of Geonosis.
    3. A Jedi who has turned against the Republic-but is not a Dark Side user.
    4. An arc dealing with the friendship between Obi-Wan and Commander Cody.
    5. Episodes about a Separatist general who is not OTT evil but simply a person on the other side of the war.

Samayel_ and Seerow like this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm especially interested in the last three you listed. An arc showing Obi-Wan and Cody's friendship could make Order 66 even more gut-wrenching than it already is, if the arc is well done.

10. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Some actual Clone Wars battles would be nice.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Like all these idea but really dig number three. I'd love to see a Jedi join the CIS truly believing that to be the correct side and begin to oppose republic sourced although not being a darksider.

12. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    Grievous training with Dooku (as shown in the Tartakovsky series)

13. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    • A Victory-class Star Destroyer in combat
    • Palpatine behaving more firm in manner as he is in ROTS
    • Palpatine interacting with military personnel such as the clones. Address why the military officers and clones are so loyal to Palpatine to the extent that they carry out heinously evil acts. E.G. If Palpatine like Caesar is able to build a sense of loyalty within the military ranks that trumps their loyalty to the ideals of government or to the office.
    • An unexpected attempt on Palpatine's life.
    • A Lucasverse explanation of who the Sith are and how their conflict with the Jedi originated and why it has persisted like a cancer for thousands of years.
    • A Jedi standing trial for a crime - fabricated or not - and how much the Jedi trust/distrust the courts and to what lengths they'll go to to look after their own at the expense of holding the courts in contempt.
    • You put a whole bunch of greedy corporate leaders in a room together... how about some ambition? Show them coming up with schemes of their own independently of Dooku or Sidious and how this might create friction with Dooku if they get too uppity.
    • Address the deterioration of the Jango clones established in Season 3.
    • Dooku terrorizing his own people covertly to scare them out of seeking peace with the Republic. E.G. Sidious arranges a strike on the CIS senate that Dooku allows to happen. With their sense of personal safety horribly shattered, the surviving senators refuse to extend the olive branch to the Republic ever again, perhaps leading to Dooku getting emergency powers of his own and an escalation of the conflict when it becomes apparent that the only way to win it to conquer the enemy, with people like Tarkin given greater leniency to oppress conquered planets and suppress them by any means necessary/free reign to impose martial law.
    • New kinds of war droids for the CIS. Preferably that don't talk to spare us from an already excessive amount of "roger, rogers."

14. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    1. Yoda and Mace sparring session
    2. Plo Koon & Kit Fisto episode
    3. Aayla Secura & Shaak Ti episode
    4. Darth Maul & Cad Bane team up
    5. A mention of Darth Plagueis

15. DeviantSpirit

Sep 3, 2012
    All these mentions of secondary characters make me feel a bit sad, knowing that the focus is primarily on the Big Three now. Clone Wars is such a rich era of characters and this show will probably be the most fleshed-out and dedicated piece of media relating to it for a long, long time, so it's sad to see characters like Aayla Secura and Shaak Ti disappear into obscurity. Guess it means I'd welcome a long future for the show, though, in the hope we'll get to spend more time with other members of the galaxy far, far away.

I remember watching Order 66 before Clone Wars Season 1 aired, and thinking that if the show could make me feel even more gut-wrenched at seeing all the Jedi fall, it'd be a success. So far I'd still call the show a success and I love the route it's taken with its own inherent storylines(Death Watch, Clone arc) but when we do get episodes not dealing with the main story threads, I'd much rather see Ki-Adi-Mundi taking names than Gascon and WAC bumble around a desert.

16. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    So - less OC's and more lesser-used Jedi? Is that what one is take from your post, DeviantSpirit?

17. DeviantSpirit

Sep 3, 2012
    Don't get me wrong, I love the OC's Clone Wars has produced. The whole Clone cast, Cad Bane, Hondo, I think they're all brilliant. But yes, when it comes to secondary arcs like Onderon and the Droids, I'd prefer to see the spotlight on lesser-used characters.

18. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I thought the whole point - when Lucas spoke of TCW way back when - was that the story of the heroes was mostly covered in the films and that TCW gave him more time to explore characters that had minimal or zero development in the films, like Kit Fisto. Instead Filoni had mentioned that things are pretty much devolving back to covering the major characters for a more coherent story. But then thus far this season has predominantly been the Season of Original Characters.

Onderon - Lux, Steela, Saw
    YJ - Hondo, Huyang, Gungi, Petro, Kituni, Byph, Zat, and what's her face (Rodian girl)
    R2 arc - very little R2 oddly, mostly Gregor, WAC and Gascon

Most of these characters I feel we won't see much more of, except as recycled models for backgrounds. I don't see why they have the time to spend on all of these characters but can't really develop minor characters that already exist. Order 66 and the deaths in Palpatine's office might mean something if I actually get to know those characters, and one appearance doesn't cut it. I didn't care that Adi died for instance.

S5 has moved right along with minimal appearance from Anakin thus far. It seems like he only really gets two arcs to shine this season. So long as the character develops in those arcs, then less can be more. I see no reason why lesser known characters from the films needed to be sidelined after the first couple seasons.

FARK2005 likes this.
  19. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    I'm easily satisfied, so seeing more of them ^ would be fine with me. Perhaps some more Gree, a cameo by Ganch and *pretty please* more of Ventress' fetish :p (and I don't mean Obi-Wan).

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    All these one shot throw away OCs are a problem. TCW really needs to start going back to the pool of them and reusing them.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  21. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Someone in the comments section of Filoni's Facebook page brought up a really good point regarding Order 66. He mentioned how he wanted to see a preliminary test in which a clone is ordered to kill his Jedi General to test out Order 66 and that when the time comes for Order 66 to be given, that seems like something that would have needed to be tested, because you don't want to find out that all the clones have bonded with their Generals, refuse the order, and then have a whole bunch of angry Jedi coming back to Coruscant with their troops to demand why the order was given by Palpatine to wipe them all out.

That makes perfect sense to me and that seems like something that should happen.

I figure Palpatine ordering a clone to kill a Jedi might be a little too conspicuous and draw too much attention to Palpatine. But given the "Tarkin Transmission to Palpatine" and the request to replace the Jedi with non-Jedi officers, perhaps some poor sap could be used as a guinea pig and framed for treason. It would test out whether a clone would commit Order 66 and kill a commanding officer without question and might test the political backlash - who in the senate would be fine with this and kowtow to Palpatine's decisions, and who would stand against him.

An unrelated idea would be that Kamino is unhappy with the declining business of the Republic due to bankruptcy. While Dooku with the wealth of the commerce guilds behind him approaches Kamino about switching sides and supplying clones to the CIS. The problem is that the clones have undergone 10 years of brainwashing to be strictly loyal to the Republic and so the current products cannot just be sold to the CIS. The clones find out about the plot and kill their makers out of loyalty to the Republic. Fear sweeps the senate at how there was a traitor within the senate and just how close the Republic was to losing their army and the war, if not for the loyalty of the clones. Kamino's assets are then absorbed by a rival corporation that is loyal to the Republic and begins to lay the groundwork for more clones from other sources of DNA, to correct the faulty "products" that Kamino was manufacturing.

The Shadow Emperor and Seerow like this.
  22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm feeling inspired by the "No Return" Thread. Dunno if this should go in here or the fanon thread but here goes.

It feels like every time a ship comes out of hyperspace we see a beautiful peaceful marble floating peacefully in the blackness of space just like mother earth. Space is way too orderly here.

I liked Lola Sayu, the shattered planet. I want to see more of the chaos, the violence, more of the monsters that lurk out there. I mean, 100 seconds of supernova explosion, stellar mass blackholes that eat the very fabric of space, the wind nebula around a Wolf-Rayet star, rogue planets, and run away stars. This stuff would be really cool to see.

Perhaps some of the solar systems could have a more violent star like Vega at their center with violent solar winds strewing dust and debris around the planets. Maybe an inhabitable moon around a hot Jupiter close to its parent star like Kepler-7a or a planet like the jello planet around upsilon Andromedae b.

While we're at its more varieties of stars. How about some big blue giants like Deneb or Rigel or red Betelgeuse.

A space battle in a planetary nebular or an open cluster would be cool as well.

Ofcourse this would fit more into settings than actual stories or plot points but the telescope geek in me would love it.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  23. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    A Jedi shown shaving (their facial hair). I wonder if they use Lightsaber-esque shaving blades or if they got droids to do that. That Hardeen transformation didn't quite answer how shaving is handled in everyday situations.

24. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    A battle between the Black Sun and the CIS (Grievous and Wat Tambor should be involved.) on Mustafar, with the CIS winning of course.

25. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Rahm Kota.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.