main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What should Ahsoka's fate be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Aug 6, 2010.

?

What should Ahsoka's fate be?

1. Killed in a lightsaber duel (Grievous, Ventress, etc)

11.2%
  2. Killed by someone else (Bane, Vizsla, Boba, etc)

14.0%
  3. Noble self-sacrifice (ie. Weapons Factory)

17.5%
  4. Expelled from the Jedi Order

12.6%
  5. Away on a solo mission

3.7%
  6. Assigned to a new master

4.6%
  7. Knighted and away on a mission

4.9%
  8. Inserted in Order 66 sequence being killed

11.7%
  9. Fallen to the Dark Side

6.0%
  10. MIA/POW

13.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    What should Ahsoka's fate be by the time of Episode 3? As always, remember to look carefully before you cast your vote, the button is ABOVE the option text.

This thread will also be replacing the old "Ahsoka has to die sometime, right?" thread as the official discussion thread for Ahsoka's fate.

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Cad Bane should kill Ahsoka, and Anakin can kill him. ;)

3. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Then again, falling to the Dark Side could be interesting, too.

4. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Agreed. I always have thought of this, too.

5. Eriu

Eriu Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2010
    I'm thinking that Ahsoka might sacrifice herself to some cause. And if Anakin thought that there was a way he could have prevented this, or that Ahsoka dying wasn't needed, it would be enough to get him angry, because he'd probably blame himself.

Though I also agree that Ahsoka falling to the dark side would be a great twist in the story. But, from what I've seen in the series so far, I think it's unlikely. Ahsoka may be reckless, but she's not angry enough...

6. mighty_mouse_droid

mighty_mouse_droid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2010

I feel like sacrifice is the best way to go. Falling to the Dark Side, while interesting, doesn't seem plausible based on her actions so far (c'mon, she hasn't gotten THAT angry), sending her off on a mission is just plain stupid and having her killed by someone would make Anakin feel responsible and wouldn't fit properly in the timeline (I can't see him getting angry over everything in EP. 3 but leave out the part where he feels guilty about Ahsoka's death)

Sacrifice makes sense because it would remove the guilt factor from Anakin (at least partially) and she had saved many other lives in doing so (??). (on a side note) While I'd LOVE for her to make it to the Purge, being around Rex when he gets Order 66 and seeing him refuse to kill her, I hate to think about what would happen next other than seeing her abandoning the Jedi way and vanishing into obscurity.

7. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    "Ahsoka becomes cloned" is suspiciously absent from the list.

8. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I think we've seen enough characters fall to the Dark Side, and her being assigned to a new Master would leave too many loose ends untied, so I went with noble self-sacrifice. If AHsoka really did die in Weapons Factory, I would consider that a good death for her.

But I'd be mad about the Bariss Offee continuity problem involved...:p

9. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Noble sacrifice.

Discussion of Ahsoka's fate is to take place in the "What should Ahsoka's fate be?" thread from now on.

BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're just yielding to Rumblewagon. The 'Ashoka should die' thread is one of the most succesful threads in LACWAC history! Why close our favourite thread?

10. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    We yield to no one.[face_not_talking]

It's just that I thought it would be nice to have a poll on this subject, but then we would end up with two redundant threads. This thread now serves the same purpose as the old one, so I don't see what's been lost.

11. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    I went with sacrifice. Helps tie up Anakin's attitude in ROTS at least somewhat, and it'd be a satisfying way to conclude her story on the show.

12. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I think that a noble sacrifice would go best with the way that her character has been portrayed so far, so I picked that. My second choice would have been being killed by someone else (preferably not Boba, though.)

13. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    For obvious reasons...

It's noble sacrifice for me, no doubt about it. It serves the character well and it makes it ok for Ahsoka not to be mentioned in Ep3. It's a way to have Anakin feel the loss of yet another loved one, but not feel TOO responsible for it. It can be handled in an elegant, non-gruesome or too shocking way for the kids, but still feel poignant and dramatic.

14. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Cloned? :oops:

15. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    i voted for "Edited into Order 66" but my other choice would've been "Noble Sacrifice".

16. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Where's the 'Anakin wakes up to find Ahsoka was just another bad dream' option?

17. mighty_mouse_droid

mighty_mouse_droid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2010

or maybe they'll do a Fight Club thing where at the end Anakin IS Ahsoka!

18. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    I picked the somewhat mundane choice of being assigned a new master.:p

19. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    I voted on her being killed by someone else. Although order 66/fallen to the darkside choices were good ones too.

20. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    The turning to the darkside scenario is one of the worst choices up there IMO. In fact there are only two options up there that I would consider worse that that. I have several problems with that idea:

1. Imagine what that would look like for a minute. It would serious probably look something like that zombie girl from the dawn of the dead remake minus the rotting flesh.

2. The Jedi with potential-something bad happens-turns to darkside thing has been done to death already.

3. Whether Ahsoka has the potential to go to the darkside or not is irrelevant because she doesn?t have a motive to do so.

4. If Ahsoka does die, I would like it to come as a surprise in the episode it happens in. If Ahsoka turns to the darkside you know she?s not going to survive til the next arc. Heck she might not live till the next episode. Once she turns to the darkside it will have to be resolved quickly. What, are the separatist going to aid her and hide her for a while?

5. What exactly would a darkside Ahsoka do anyway? She wouldn?t present much of a threat. She?d be seventeen at most, probably not a major threat too any of the other main characters, and even if she was, all the other main ?good guys? are protected by the plot anyway, so no tension there. Even if they created some red-shirt padawans for her to take on, there would still be no tension because as mentioned in number 3, her end will have to be resolved quickly after she turns. The most she could probably do would be to kill some clones.

6. If she did turn, they would undoubtedly get Anakin to kill her. While that might be dramatic and all that, there wouldn?t be any tension as the conclusion would be known before they even begin to fight. It also would?nt make much sense. Because Ahsoka probably wouldn?t pose a major threat why would Anakin kill her? I know it?s the Jedi?s job to destroy the darkside, but Anakin constantly puts his attachments before the Jedi order. Like I said Ahsoka probably wouldn?t be a serious threat to him, so why would he kill her? The only other opinion would be to have Obi-wan or someone else kill her, but Ahsoka isn?t close to those people so you then lose the drama and the tension. Maybe there would be some drama if Barris killed her, but very little, they were only in two episodes together.

7. If Anakin's padawan turns to the darkside and dies because of it wouldn?t that motivate Anakin not to turn to the darkside? It also makes Yoda out to be a sadistic b******. Jeez Yoda, that?s the price Anakin had to pay to teach him something?!

Overall I can?t imagine it working from a storytelling standpoint and from a marketing standpoint are they really going to kill the child hero after turning her into a villain at the last minute and having her die without the chance to redeem herself?

MandyAhsokaTano and starve like this.
  21. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    Do want.

22. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I've never been a big Ahsoka fan but I guess "noble sacrifice" would be pretty good if she does die, as long as it's in the serie's finale. Highly doubt she'll die though.

23. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    Yeah, this would be ideal. Bane has already proven that by hook or by crook he can put the smackdown on Ahsoka, and Anakin could go ballistic, channel his anger to slaughter Bane... and take another step toward the Dark Side. :D

24. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Pretty much this.

25. Tordelback

Tordelback Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 14, 2008
    None of the above. Ashoka becomes disillusioned with the war, and Anakin and the Jedi's conduct in it, and leaves the Order voluntarily for parts unknown. Anakin fails to complete her training, undermining his bid to become a Master, and increasing his feelings of betrayal and isolation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.