main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Everett, WA What should the name of our group website be?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Cliodna_ben_Lhee, Jun 13, 2005.

?

What should the name of our group website be?

Poll closed Jul 13, 2005.
  1. MosEverettCantina.com

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Mos-Everett-Cantina.com

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. MosEverett.com

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Mos-Everett.com

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  5. Other- please specify by posting suggestion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
  2. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    c'mon people, please vote. (if you already voted on the yahoo site, then please post to signify that)

3. micdavis

micdavis Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2003

As a possible future member and a guy who has done a few websites.

Shorter is better and no punctuation.

4. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    The votes are in!

The results here are tallied with the scores from both sites where poll was posted added together and one correction incorporated. TheSheryl let me know via PM that she meant for her vote to go to MosEverett.com so that update is reflected here (and only the names that actually received votes will be listed here):

MosEverettCantina.com 2 votes

MosEverett.com 4 votes

Mos-Everett.com 2 votes

So folks, it looks like our domain name will be

www.moseverett.com

I am busy now looking for a webhost where we can register our name for free with no setup fee and low monthly hosting fees. I have found one for as low as 4.95 per month. But I am still comparing features and prices before making a final decision.
    We currently have enough in the kitty to almost pay for 3 months at the above price. We also have plans to auction some vintage dresses on eBay donated by Paulie to raise funds for the kitty that will hopefully cover us for a few more months.

Also, I am going to set up a paypal account for the kitty and pay for our domain with that and use that paypal account for a moseverett eBay account to run these and any other fundraising auctions that we have.
    Although we do not have any regular monthly dues, I am hoping that whenever we need some extra in there to cover the web domain (and other things we decide to fund as a group) cost in the future, I can count on our members to add to the paypal funds from time to time. It would be at most a couple of bucks from each person. Except in extreme circumstanse such as funding a hall rental for an event or something along those lines.

Well, I have to get back to work now. I will keep you all updated on our progress.

Oh! I forgot to add that I also want one with a number of email addys too so we can each have our own email such as
    cliodnabenlhee@moseverett.com
    dragonmar@moseverett.com
    darthbreezy@moseverett.com
    rebelmom@moseverett.com etc?etc?etc?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.