main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

what system would u buy ( i am dieing to know )

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by sith_lord21, Nov 2, 2002.

?

what system would u buy ( i am dieing to know )

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. xbox

16.7%
  2. ps2

41.7%
  3. gamecube

33.3%
  4. i am old fasion

4.2%
  5. i hate video games

4.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sith_lord21

sith_lord21 Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 29, 2002
  2. sith_lord21

Sep 29, 2002
    personally i would get cube cause godzilla destroy all monsters melee, james bond: nightfire, nfs hot persuit 2, clone wars, and bounty hunter is coming out soon. and who else can forget but SUPER SMASH BROTHERS MELEE!!!!!!!! ( BEN DONT WORRY SOMEDAY U WILL BEAT ME JUST KEEP TRYING )

3. Tarr

Tarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    I don't know why people think Super Smash mele is so great. I honestly can not stand the game. I almost bought it but decided to rent it first. Thank god. Saved me $50 heh. Mario Sunshine and Starfox Adventures are both awesome. SFA a bit short but still fun non the less. Can't go wrong with either of those. And soon you've got Metroid and Zelda coming out and even later there's bound to be a Mario Kart released. Now if they'd only get cracking and release these dang games heh.

4. sith_lord21

Sep 29, 2002
    they killed zielda. he looks like a crap bag

5. sith_lord21

Sep 29, 2002
    who voted for ps2

6. Tarr

Oct 14, 2002
    Really? So you've played it already? Tell me how the gameplay is? Yah that's what I thought.
    It's ZELDA. It will be good. Some of us remember when Zelda was like 16 colors and you were a little smudge on the screen heh. The graphics to the new Zelda look amazing. I'm glad they chose the direction they did.

7. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
    I own a PS2 and a Gamecube and I still get the most use out of my PS2 BY FAR. Gamecube's got some sporadically good titles, and I have waited a year for even ONE game to come out for the X-Box that would make me want to buy one (yeah, yeah, I know..."Halo". Well "Halo" does diddly for people like me who get motion sickness from first-person shooters).

Meanwhile, PS2 still has all the best games...and while those X-Box owners are still waiting to see if MAYBE they're gonna get to play GTA3 and Metal Gear Solid 2, I'll be sitting back playing GTA: Vice City and Metal Gear Solid: Substance (the one where you get to play the WHOLE game as Snake), and I'll be laaaaaaaauuuuuuuuughing...

I think I made the right choice.

8. Tarr

Oct 14, 2002
    I own a GC and PS2 also. I wanted a dvd player and I figure any good games coming out for Xbox will most likely come out for PS2 also heh.

9. Super_Sock

Super_Sock Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2001
    PS2 rules all, especially the crappy GC.

:p

10. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    My brother got a PS2, and from what I've seen, it's not too bad.

11. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    Xbox all the way

12. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    My vote is for PS2:

DVD player
    great controller
    Grand Theft Auto

13. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Xbox:
    -DVD player
    -Several great controlers to choose from of all diff. sizes
    -Halo
    -Halo
    -Halo
    oh yeah and that 8 gig hardrive :D

14. Tarr

Oct 14, 2002
    While we're talking about consoles. What do yas think of all this online crap? I really could care less bout playing online w/a console...that's why I have a PC heh.

15. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    I think its a great idea. Some people play better with a controler in their hands instead of a keyboard and mouse. I'm not one of those people but I know people who are and much prefer consoles but still like to multiplay.
    you can also play sports games online through consoles which I think is wicked cool.

16. Tarr

Oct 14, 2002
    True sports games are definately better on consoles than PC's. I could never get into any of the FPS games for consoles and I think a lot of the online console gaming is going to consist of FPS's. I never saw the big deal w/Goldeneye when everyone else loved it heh.

17. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    I liked golden eye. Great game in my opinion.

18. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    It's only a great game when you're winning. Try playing against the kids at my computer camp. They're so good they'll make anybody hate the game.

19. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Xbox is only a DVD player with an adapter. Why pay extra when PS2 has built-in DVD capabilities?

20. Tarr

Oct 14, 2002
    That is a big reason why I went w/a PS2 over an Xbox. Out of the box dvd player w/o having to buy a $30+ dvd kit. I'm a poor bum so any money I can save is all good hehe.

21. Darth-Jaguar

Darth-Jaguar Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2000
    Well I have both the Playstation 2 and GameCube, and like both alot. X-Box looks cool though.

I miss the old systems like Atari, Intellevision, Nintendo, and Sega Master System. The games on them were very addictive and had tremendous replay value, unlike alot of today's more advanced games. Cool graphics and technology does not make a game great.

22. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    "Xbox is only a DVD player with an adapter."
    Actually you just have to get the remote for the DVD player.

I miss Nintendo. That was a great system. I also miss Sega Genesis. 2D gaming was loads of fun.

23. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    they killed zielda. he looks like a crap bag

Let's not forget that Zelda is a girl; the main character is called Link. And no, he does not look like a...errm...'crap bag', it's just cel-shading. From what I've seen it looks great...a little quirky, but that's alright.

In any case, I own a GameCube, and I'd say it's my favorite of the three. My brother has an Xbox, and I really don't see a great difference between it and the computer I'm using. I've never actually played PS2, but I don't want to spend all the extra money, when I already have 4 DVD players. This console war is really rather dull, anyways. Nintendo doesn't stand a chance against the two marketing giants, regardless of the quality of its games. That's unfortunate.

24. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    I don't see many games coming out for the Cube that I would want. I think Xbox is much better.

25. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    i vote for gamecube, mainly because i've been a nintendo gal since '85. i'm especially looking forward to metroid prime. i will hopefully get a GC this christmas

i don't understand the "i am old fasion" option in the poll.....also it's old-fashioned, not old fashion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.