main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ON What's everyone doing for Hallowe'en?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by dreamweaver_YJN, Oct 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    Well, Hallowe'en is just around the corner, 9 days to be exact, and it's one of my favourite times of year with the costumes and all. For the last two years I have done our house up in a Star Wars theme, and this year will be no exception.
    The evil Emperor sits in front of our main window in his diabolical chair flanked on each side by a Stormtrooper at the ready. Black candelabras cast flickering shadows on his gnarled face. Darth Vader guards the entranceway and keeps a tight rein on slave Leia, in case she's thinking of starting some trouble. Boba Fett stands off in the distance, in his mind quietly calculating his next move. On the walkway there will be pumpkins bearing the likenesses of Darth Maul, Yoda, and some familiar insignia. Is that C3PO's head mounted on a spear? He must have done something he couldn't talk his way out of!! The effect is completed by having appropriate music piped outside through the window!! Good stuff.
    I plan to wear Eryn's Queen Amidala costume at the door (if I can squeeze into it!!). Amanda and Eryn plan to go as SAILOR MOON and SAILOR JUPITER, but heaven only knows why!! Even more disturbing is the news that Mert has been humiliated into being TUXEDO MASK (seriously folks......I've seen him in the suit!!!) There has even been some wild talk about Boba Fett donning a mini-skirt and transforming into "GO-GO FETT"......but you didn't hear that from me. Now, to my way of thinking, Han is the only one with ANY dignity.....he's going to go as Han, Han with a new blaster in fact, and that's that!
    Can anyone top that!!!
    Happy haunting on the 31st!!!

2. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Sailor Fett [face_laugh]
    and
    Sailor Solo [face_laugh]

I have got to get pictures of that!!!

Last year I was at my parents house handing out candy in my Obi-Wan costume. (Fighting all the Darth Mauls that came to the door.)
    This year...no plans yet.

3. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    This year for Hallowe'en, I plan to drive around all over the peninsula and fix machines. I'm working that night.

But I'll certainly try to swing by to see the display if I can.

4. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi dreamweaver_YJN

Please see my mail message.....

Regards,

Mike

5. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    NO GO-GO FETT!! Never never ever. I will be in my Boba Fett version 7.35.91 this year, and thats that!
    I'll be spendin Halloween with you, Dreamweaver and I look forward to it.
    Chris, whats all this Sailor Fett crap? Is thats just one of your weird fantasies??? :p

6. Han_YoungJediNiagara

Han_YoungJediNiagara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2001
    How about, NO! I'll never be seen in that pile of filth you call a costume. I will, however wear my Solo costume if the holster is fixed (hint)

And Mert, don't wear the Tuxedo Mask costume! Seriously, don't let these people demean you any further! Don't pretend you're "whipped". Don't hide the fact that you love Sailor Moon. I personally don't see how anyone can wear those costumes, especially YOU!!

Boo-eaudry!

7. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Well, since my costume is back in Toronto that's out... maybe wander the neighborhood and try and scare kids? There's also Rocky Horror playing at the local movie house, just around the corner. The midnight show on the 27th is also tempting.

8. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Its just a jump to the left...

(Survivor of several dozen midnight showings at the late, lamented Lincoln Theatre in St. Catharines)

9. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I myself would love to join you Laurie But, I have no idea what I'm doing this Halloween... I think my friends have set something up where we'll eat dinner, and hand out candi later!! fun fun!!

Shaden

10. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Rocky Horror.
    Now there's a great film for Halloween! You're lucky.

(he's lucky, she's lucky, we're all lucky)
    "It's just a jump to the left..."

11. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Wow David,
    You are familiar with the Rocky horror picture show. Son I do not believe you were
    a twinkle in your mothers eye when it came out !!! I am trying to remember the year it came out. Lynora can help us on this one...

12. td741

td741 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2000
    Well... I'll be off at the New Alliance Con. Last year I freaked out my nieces and nephews by going out with them in my (normal white trooper gear). It was hilarious.

My sister just kept on talking about my trooper gear for the rest of the year. (The pictures doesn't do it justice! It's all in pieces and he puts them all together! It's so neat... He just walked off of the movie screen. I mean I'm not into Sci-Fi but...)

I'm not sure what I'll wear this year. Actually I wore my TIEPilot (mark 2) at the office as well. I'd do that again this year with my TIE Pilot (Mark 3) except I didn't have time to paint and assemble new chest box and helmet. ;)

Maybe this year I'll wear my biker scout all day...

13. Lynora

Lynora Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2001
    Hi kids, it came out in 1975...

Lynora

14. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    I was 4 years old.

15. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    I was going to go trick or treating but then realized it my be better to break that little habit now becuase It might look just a little weird when I'm like thirty and still going around to peoples houses, they'd proably call the police on me... :)
    So instead I'm going to a little halloween dinner with steph, I plan on not answearing the door, that way there will be more candy left over for us....
    Just kidding!

16. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I was 10...

17. Lynora

Jun 15, 2001
    I was 17..

18. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    I was -7. :)

Unfortunately, I'll be going to class for Halloween. Sucks, don't it. :(

Cris~

19. Han_YoungJediNiagara

Han_YoungJediNiagara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2001
    What came out in 1975?

20. Lynora

Jun 15, 2001
    Hi Chris, I do not believe that we have ever
    met...

21. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi Han, They are talking about the Rocky
    Horror picture show. It was a movie musical
    that came out in 1975.

Hi Lynora, I dont think that Chris and you
    have ever met.

Hi Chris Lynora, if you have not guessed,
    is my better non-crazy half. She has not made too many appearances at events ( nor have I in recently either ) but she will be showing up on occasion for the EPII lineup !!!

22. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    That's "Cris" not "Chris"
    You met me.
    Not Cristalia.

(just to clear it up) :)

23. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    SORRY ABOUT THAT. lYNORA AND I MEANT CRIS !!!

24. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    Just a little update on our Hallowe'en preparations.
    First of all, some very sad news about the pumpkins we carved on Thanksgiving. It seems the weather has been unusually warm, which does not go well for pumpkins. Darth Maul's teeth kept turning blacker and blacker. Yoda's back kept getting more and more hunched. In the end they suffered a slow death, and were respectfully laid to rest.
    On a happier note, we got together last nite and created new works of art.This is what we came up with:

Darth Maul - by Boba Fett
    Stormtrooper - by Han Solo
    Mandalorian Supercommando Insignia - by Mert Skywalker
    Queen Amidala's Royal Emblem - by Kitsume Skye
    Rebel Insignia - by Little Anakin
    Happy Face - by Aiden (I know, I know, but give her a break....she never carved a pumpkin before)

They are awesome!
    I will post photos when I get some!

Also, Little Anakin and Darth Sidious (aka Mister Rebo) will be going out for treats as a team.......which is entirely appropriate! "Always two there are..."

Only 6 days to go!!

25. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    Hi, Lynora. Nice to "meet" (sort of) you. JI don't think we've met in person, but your fame has spread far and wide... ;)

You probably know -of- me...first as Debbie's friend, later as Sandwich's
    girlfriend...

Cris~
    Realizing she needs a life if she's totally defined by her relationships to others...but then again, aren't we all?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.