main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's going on Rhode Squadron??????

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by chewykingwookie, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    It has been quiet in here for weeks now to the point where it is SCARY. lol I feel an Elmer Fudd saying is on the way. Like "Be vary vary quiet I am huntin' wabbit".

What has everyone been up to? I saw Jeff during the Labor day cookout and haven't heard a peep from anyone else for a long time.

Anyone planning on getting the OT on DVD on Tuesday?

Let's make some noise people come on I know people are still into SW down in the Rhode.

2. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    *pokes head out of wabbit hole*

RL does drive by

*ducks back into hole*

Sorry for not being here for a while. I'll give a brief update a life since my last appearance.

I moved from Randolph to Taunton
    I lost my internet connection for a bit.
    My job has me working 50+ hours a week, including weekends now.
    One of my best friends past away.
    I'm probably being evicted soon from my new place, meaning I need to start looking again for a new place to live.
    I got in a car accident.
    The IRS aren't seeing eye to eye right now.
    A billion other small issues that wont go away.

*bulet wizzes by my head*

Yike! Elmer, cut that out!

*ducks back into hole*

3. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    Good to hear from you Moby. Sucks so much crap has happened to you. I'm really hoping things smooth out for you. As for me, I've been here watching and waiting. Got myself a girlfriend. Not much different then that. Hope to see you guys soon.

4. MerR2D2

MerR2D2 Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2006
    Hi. I'm new to posting here. I just found this forum. How would I go about becoming a member of the Rhode Squadron? Any dues or stuff like that?...money's kinda tight! Hope to hear back soon! :D

~ Meredith

5. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Hello,

The only requirements to being a member is to post here, (it been really quiet of late, so feel free to browse the Boston boards as well) and if you can, attend a meet when one is planned. We understand that money is an issue with most people, so activities are planned that are inexpensive enough for all to join. I look forward to see your post nd maybe meeting you soon. My name is Ed. Feel free ask me any questions.

Regards,

DarthMoby

6. MerR2D2

MerR2D2 Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2006
    Cool! Thanks for the reply! Any idea when the next get-together will be? Is there like a mailing-list or anything? (Sorry for the newbie Qs!)

7. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Welcome aboard Meredith. There is a gathering the weekend of Nov 18th and 19th at Framingham, MA. Some of us from the Boston and Foxboro boards are planing on attending the SuperMegaFest con at the Sheraton off of 495 and 90. I am not sure who is coming from the Rhode Squadron I would assume JeffBaca will make an appearance. We are also trying to get a gathering set up for the 1st weekend in Nov either the 4th or 5th. That would more than likely be in Milford, MA to help plan for Super Mega Fest. We are scheduled to have a table and will be conducting a raffle for some baskets filled with SW goodies. Check out the Boston boards SuperMegaFest thread for more details.

Jorge

Foxboro board member

8. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Hey guys,

Sadly it's come to that time where I need to know if you want to keep the chapter going or not. Your forums are kinda dead and usually we move them to inactive status unless we're told otherwise.

Let me know what you want to do.

9. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Second warning guys...I'm going to have to move you to inactive soon :(

10. Mohawk-Elvis

Mohawk-Elvis Jedi Master star 1

Jan 28, 2007
    I wouldn't want to see Rhode Squadron gone. :(

I would like to see more involvement here I will contact some people and see if they will post and see if they want to keep this going again.

11. Darth-Ruka

Darth-Ruka Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2003
    Hey Now!
    I haven't posted in a bit but don't want to see this closed down!
    Any meetings or anything set up for July or August???

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.