main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ohio What's in a name...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Rholynn, Aug 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rholynn

Rholynn Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    Hey all,

I was thinking if we do indeed get a Fan Force chapter going here in the Toledo area it's going to need a name. My suggestions is:

The Glass City Garrison

What are your's?

2. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Hi, a Jedi Knight of Cleveland here, so my opinion isn't that relevant, but I like Detroit's R2-Detroit name. Why don't you try Toleed-3PO? (Threw in an extra E for phonetic pronounciation's sake). It would be really cool if you became buddy fanforces like we have with them and Columbus. Then it'd be 3PO and R2...

3. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Hmmmm, hadn't really thought about the whole naming thing yet. Guess I'll have to put some thought into it and see if I can come up with anything creative.

Oh, and for the suggested:
    Glass City Garrison - good.
    Toleed-3PO - sorry, does nothing for me.

4. DarthClerical

DarthClerical Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 28, 2002
    A Jedi Knight of Columbus here. I like the Glass City Garrison. Has a nice ring to it.

5. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Glass City Garrison just sounds so Imperial... :) It sounds good, though.

Glass City Jedi?

Just throwing some names out there. Anyone else have any suggestions?

6. Rholynn

May 20, 2002
    Here is a more noble sounding maybe Jedi-esque version of "Glass City Garrison:"

Glass City Guard

Kinda sounds like we're the protectors of the Glass City, like the Jedi were protectors of the Republic

7. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Nice ring to it, though I think Garrison sounds much cooler. Where are all the creative people when you need them?

BTW, I've noticed the most other Fan Forces will have a motto of some kind, like "Hoosier Daddy" for the Indy Knights. Any ideas on that one?

8. Rholynn

May 20, 2002
    Sorry, no ideas for a motto just yet but if we want the name to be a little more regional we could have:

The Black Swamp Jedi

However, I really like the Glass City Garrison. I'll keep thinking of ideas for the motto.

9. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    How about, in keeping with the tradition of Columbus and Cleveland, The Jedi Knights Of Toledo?

10. Rholynn

May 20, 2002
    No offense but that's kind of dull and boring, we'll keep trying.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

11. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Wow, someone else actually knows about the Black Swamp! I was going to suggest something along those lines, but wasn't sure if anyone knew of the connection.

Along the same lines:
    Black Swamp Brigade
    Black Swamp Rebels
    Black Swamp Squadron

Oh, and I'm of same opinion on the whole "Jedi Knights of Toledo" thing. It worked really well for Columbus and Cleveland, but just doesn't fit Toledo.

12. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Hmmmm...working something with Black Swamp and Dagobaugh would be cool, though I don't have anything in mind at the moment to suggest. I'll ponder it some.

13. Rholynn

May 20, 2002
    Doesn't everybody know about the Black Swamp if you've grown up in NW Ohio?

I really like the Black Swamp Squadron. Kinda sounds like the Black Sheep Squadron from WWII. If we don't think of anything else I say we go with it.

I was also trying to think of something for Dagobaugh to tie into the Black Swamp. I'm still pondering though...

14. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Hmmm, maybe our motto could have something to do with Dagobah or the Glass City.

Defenders of Dagobah
    Guard of the Glass City

EDIT: This sounds like a great discussion for our meeting next weekend!

15. son-of-skywalker13

son-of-skywalker13 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 27, 2002
    i like "dagobah rebels"

16. Rholynn

May 20, 2002
    How about...

Black Swamp Squadron - "Guardians of the Glass City"

I agree this does sound like a great topic of discussion. Another good topic is a website, I've got some web page design experience and I know HTML so I could start on one, but we'll talk about that at the meeting.

17. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    After I looked at Guards of the Glass City later, I thought Guardians would've sounded better. I'm glad someone else did, too.

I'll start posting some things to talk about in the meeting announcement thread so that anyone who stops by will know what's likely to be discussed.

18. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Glass City Jedi?

19. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Glass City Jedi is okay, by still not quite what I was looking for. We'll see what kind of reaction we get come the 7th.

20. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Does anyone have any graphics skills that could possibly work on a logo? I'm thinking of something that we could use as an icon here and could possibly put on a t-shirt. I do okay merging images together, but have no skill at creating a totally original picture.

21. Rholynn

May 20, 2002
    I've got some graphic skills but like you it's more limited to taking graphics and putting them together. I'll see what I can do though.

22. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Perhaps we need to revisit this again. Donna, could you post that list you made up? I know we eliminated a couple so it might be helpful to have the updated list.

23. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I like the Black swamp and Glass City. Not that I know how either of those tie into Toledo, but they sound good. You might want to consider lenghth of the name. The : type names are never pretty on the chapter listings, but mighty fine on banners or web pages.

24. donna

donna Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2002
    I will post the list as soon as I find it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.