main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Whats Next

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by outrider462004, Oct 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    yea, ldv is right.

2. Dr_w00t_Sitheimer

Dr_w00t_Sitheimer Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2004
    LDV, you power of trivia knowledge is impressive. But I believe I did stump you last night with the question of the significance of the number 21-87 ;) :p

3. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    2187 is Leia's cell number.

Also Treat Williams was in Empire right along with cliffy. (he's a N list celeb from the 80's..see Dead Again for details)

4. Dr_w00t_Sitheimer

Apr 21, 2004
    Princess Leia's cell number yes. But what is the significance of that number.

1138 is not the only number in Lucas's own personal galaxy. ;)

5. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    That's GL's Bowling average. wow he sucks.

no idea.

6. outrider462004

outrider462004 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2004
    Heres some good trivia, name all the places were the text THX 1138 appears in every film that George did. Now we know that in the Star Wars films Thx is the sound, but in one film the letters showing

7. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    i know it says 1138 on the back of a battle droid in phantom menace where jar jar pushes it down.

8. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Dr... you were stumped with every question (that a 4 year old would know) that I gave you. ;)

BTW: no one answered the question I posed. ;)

9. Dr_w00t_Sitheimer

Apr 21, 2004
    I suggest Lord Darth Vader that you answer the question about 21-87 so Deadpool is enlightened. To refresh your memory, here is the link

Answer to your question is Declan Mulholland

[image=http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/bts/article/f19970115/img/jabba1_bg.jpg]

:p

edit:

Try this one:

Sith is a word indigenous to what language and what does it mean?

Yes, I can PPOR ;)

10. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    **sigh** Princess Leia's cell number is 2187, which was the name of an abstract Canadian short film that Lucas loved.

Oh and Dr? You did not even know the first line from all 3 OT and who spoke them, so please, do not try to be in the same league as me. ;)

As far as THX 1138 visible reference, I am not sure that Lucas uesed it in the OT but as for spoken ...

ANH - Luke uses 1138 as a fake transfer cell block for Chewie.

ESB - General Rieekan - Send Rogues Ten and Eleven to station three-eight

ROTJ - I do not know anyone who has been able to find it.

TPM - has appeared in TPM as Qui-Gundi has stated,

AOTC - it appears on the back of a Clone Troopers helmet in red letters just afer Dooku takes off for space after the Dooku/Yoda fight.

ROTS - Yes, it appears and I know where. ;)

Now something else about THX 1138. What do the letters 'THX' stand for? Anyone? DR?????

11. Dr_w00t_Sitheimer

Apr 21, 2004
    "Oh and Dr? You did not even know the first line from all 3 OT and who spoke them, so please, do not try to be in the same league as me."

Yes, why should I take a step backwards :p

You didn't attempt my Sith question LDV [face_devil]

*yawn*

The source of the title "THX-1138" is the mnemonic form of Lucas, George's phone number in San Francisco when he was a student.

http://www.thx-1138.org/html/trivia.html

T=8
    H=4
    X=9

:D

12. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    *sigh* I love her so*sigh*

I have the Ultimate Trivia Questions.

complete the following blanks:

Lord Darth _ _ _ _ _

C3P0 _ _ A Droid

_ B C

_ _ _ _ _ Willow (Clue: A Type of tree)

and

For the bonus

Who is Sidious?

13. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    "The source of the title "THX-1138" is the mnemonic form of Lucas, George's phone number in San Francisco when he was a student.

http://www.thx-1138.org/html/trivia.html"

Apparently, you didn't following his time in school and his early movie career - THX stands for "Tomlinson Holman's eXperiment". (Tom Holman was George Lucas' audio engineer.)

The prefex you are referring to does not exist in the 415 area (San Francisco) ;) But he is said to have the last 4 numbers. :p

So, your information is wrong. Besides, the information I provide is off the top of my head - I don't have to 'Google' any of it. :p

14. Dr_w00t_Sitheimer

Apr 21, 2004

You still have not attempted my Sith question. [face_devil] ;)

I Google therefore I am

15. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    "complete the following blanks:

Lord Darth _ _ _ _ _

C3P0 _ _ A Droid

_ B C

_ _ _ _ _ Willow (Clue: A Type of tree)

and

For the bonus

Who is Sidious?
    "

hmmmmmmm

Vader is a weeping? (sorry Dead, Weeping doesn't fit into your spaces, but thats all I could come up with)

Bonus - Palpatine?

16. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    "I Google therefore I am"

Therefore, you are a cheater. ;) So what makes you think I should answer your questions? You perhaps, do not know the answers to your own questions. I debunked your answer on THX. ;)

GL in his early years was deep into Mythology, Greek Mythology. He read such classic books as Devine Commedy by Dante. He read about Greek Gods, and their offspring. The word Sith derives from a location in Greek Mythology knowns as Sithonia. It was supposedly a battleground of Gods who killed each other off out of Jealousy. Hence the name Sith.

17. Dr_w00t_Sitheimer

Apr 21, 2004
    LDV, thank you for your treatise on Greek Mythology. It was delightful. However, you failed to answer the question:

Sith is a word indigenous to what language and what does it mean

[face_mischief]

Google, don't leave home without it ;)

18. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    **sigh** For what I know about the word it comes from Old English, and is an archaic in definition. Also found in the areas of Northern Ireland, and off the coastal Islands of Scottland. It is known to Greek and Gaelic. That's what I know off the top of my head.

But, I do believe I answered it as far as Star Wars is concerned. No need to get anal about it. ;)

Now, at what Restaurant was Peter Mayhew working at and what was his position before he got his part as Chewie?

Make sure you spell his name right on Google coughcheatercough. ;)

19. Dr_w00t_Sitheimer

Apr 21, 2004
    Make sure you spell his name right on Goodle coughcheatercough

Goodle? Is that a cross between a Great Dane and a poodle?

And why would I look for something on Google that is available on the Bonus Disk? (Which I haven't watched) :p

Sith is Gaelic . . . Google does come in handy now doesn't it.
    http://www.ceantar.org/Dicts/MB2/mb34.html#sith

sìth
    a fairy, sìthich (do.), Irish sídh, a fairy hill, sígh, a fairy, sígheóg (do.), Old Irish síde, dei terreni, whose dwelling is called síd; in fact, síde, the fairy powers, is the pl. (ge. s. ?) of síd, fairy dwelling or mound, while its gen. sing. appears in mná síde, fir síde: *sêdos, g. sêdesos, as in the case of sìth, peace, which is its homonym (Stokes); root se, sêd, Greek @Ge@`dos, a temple or statue, literally an "abode" or "seat"; Latin noven-sides, noven-siles, the new gods imported to Rome. Thurneysen has compared Latin sîdus, a constellation, "dwelling of the gods". Hence sìthean, a green knoll, fairy knoll.

[image=http://pda.dk/pda-classic/pdalt/pdart/darth-vader.gif] [image=http://www.wtv-zone.com/califPamela/ImagesPage3/green-fairy-2.jpg] I just don't see a resemblance 8-}

20. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    But see, I don't have to look it up, I knew this information already. Not like ummm certain Drs in here who don't even know the first lines of Star Wars movies. Tsk tsk tsk. And you call yourself a fan?

Besides, you didn't answer my question. What's the matter? can't find it?

21. Dr_w00t_Sitheimer

Apr 21, 2004
    I said why would I look for something on Google that is available on the DVD Bonus disc? I know it is in there but I'm not searching for it. But prior Peter Mayhew was an orderly at a hospital in England.

Deadpool, is it Vader Is A White Palpatine? Unless of course you are a cloner theorist and then it could be Vader is a White Clone. Unless of course the willow you are referring to is supposed to be 4 letters and then it would be Vader is a goat clone. [face_clown]

Nice revisionist history correcting the Goodle :p

Not like ummm certain Drs in here who don't even know the first lines of Star Wars movies. Tsk tsk tsk. And you call yourself a fan?

I didn't remember the number of Echo 7. But I was such a fan that my friend dressed up as Darth Vader and I dressed up as Princess Leia and we went and ate dinner at some snooty restaurant . . . back in 1977 :p

Just heard this one:

What is Jar Jar Binks middle name?

22. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    I'm a what??!!

first all I can say is everyone better keep the spoilers to the other thread.

second this conversation is bordering on nerdy. we have maintained a serious geek level for 3 years...lets not go there..if it goes there I'll asign Dr Who names to everyone involved....don't make me.

23. Dr_w00t_Sitheimer

Apr 21, 2004
    [face_plain] You had to go there didn't you Deadpool?

Geek
    n. Slang

1. A person regarded as foolish, inept, or clumsy.
    2. A person who is single-minded or accomplished in scientific or technical pursuits but is felt to be socially inept.
    2. A carnival performer whose show consists of bizarre acts, such as biting the head off a live chicken.

Nerd

n. Slang

1. A foolish, inept, or unattractive person.
    2. A person who is single-minded or accomplished in scientific or technical pursuits but is felt to be socially inept.

dork (dôrk)
    n.

1. Slang. A stupid, inept, or foolish person: ?the stupid antics of America's favorite teen-age cartoon dorks? (Joshua Mooney).
    2. Vulgar Slang. The penis.

24. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    You seek to counter deadpool with a dictionary?

People the levels are dropping fast.

Female members at an all time low and you guys are comparing dictionaries.

*sigh*

is it too late for me to join a Stargate Fanclub?

25. Dr_w00t_Sitheimer

Apr 21, 2004
    Typical men . . . they want to rely on only what they know and can't stop and ask for directions! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.