main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton What's up?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, May 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Hey you too.

Hope everyone had a good holiday

I'll probably be picking up a new p.c here as the system requiremnts for star trek online came out and I need a new pc to play it which means requirements for old republic will probably be the same roughly

2. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Not a good sign if the sys requirements are too high, creates a gate that stops people from playing, which happened to age of conan and a few other MMO's. It's why World of Warcraft and Champions Online do so well. I can run either on my old laptop no problem.

3. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    True but I mean it's sw and st there are some pretty big places. Besides my comp is overdue for eithe r a big upgrade or a new tower

4. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
  5. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    That's some skill

6. JerreyRough

JerreyRough Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2009
    Wow, that is amazing. Hopefully they don't drop it heh.

Long time since I've posted here, and it seems I'm not the only one unfortunately. Life must be busy for everyone this year.

7. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Yeah, it's been a little quiet around here, but feel free to post more. I check this board everyday. :)

8. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    agreed, even our sister city's boards are slower. These go through phases. Soon they'll be mosr posts up I'm sure

9. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I just wanted to thank Shanna again for hosting a record 3 games nights this month. Getting together to play mini's and monopoly was just like old times and is exactly what I needed. I'm hoping to get some more stuff going, but my pockets are a little light right now since there's no work. That'll change soon I just need to learn to save money lol.

Other than looking for work I haven't been doing much. What's everyone else up to?

Who'd be up for a movie or something later next month?

10. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/detail-eng.aspx?OrderNum=5084914&Source=JobPosting&CommGrouping=GAB005&OfferpPage=50&Student=No

Bioware is hiring... is that cool or what? lol

11. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Merry Christmas Edmontooine

12. JerreyRough

JerreyRough Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2009
    Damn... there's more wildlife in the tatooine dessert than the inactivity here. Guess people's lives have all been pretty busy and the such :(.

On my free time I've started re-making an old favorite game of mine called "Battlezone", the 1998 one. It's an awesome mix of Sci-Fi, Cold War tech, and FPS/RTS genres where you blast floating tanks on the moon. IMO there hasn't been a game like it since.

Anyway, here's something Star-Wars to discuss: do you think there's going to be another Force Unleashed game? I didn't play either of them, but I've heard that #1 was great but #2 was terrible; especially since they killed Chewy and Han Solo back-to-back. I think the surrounding lore, at least for the first one, was cool and a very interesting "what if?" scenario. But I think there'll be no third title, mostly due to the failure of the second one and the over-the-top plot twists. Like cloning Jedi when they're supposed to be near uncloneable (two clones of one jedi in FU@? NO!).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.