main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atlantic What's your opinion of the Jedi Council forums as a whole(including FF)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by DarthBabe, Dec 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    My opinion is simply "meh." Well, because it gets boring after awhile and .....

Two things.

1. I'm never seen so many Star Wars fans bash Star Wars to death. I mean what is up with that? I know people have their own opinions and stuff but this is way overboard in the sense of bashing. I don't even tread in the prequel forums.

2. There's alot of bitter individuals centered in one forum which will remain nameless. If you are a newbie, god help ya. :p

Now, I find FanForce to be a nice spot for posting. I don't know, I just find it comfortable. It's not very bitter in here. I don't see a lot of angry people in here.

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I try to avoid the JC side at all costs.

If theer is something specific I'm looking for I'll head for that, but the only JC forum thats in my Favourites list is Costuming & Props.

The attitude from a lot is childish, a good number of the more visible mods are less than helpful, or cynical beyond trust.

Certainly there are some good people over there, but the stench from the rest covers up the roses.

3. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    There are a lot of idiots in JCC. I make fun of them. :D

:p

4. thecleric007

thecleric007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2003
    I basically stick to here on AGC, though I have to admit I have become an addict to the Role-Playing games...but some of the people on them are SO stupid sometimes. I also sometimes go to the Classic Trilogy page, which has some interesting stuff in it, sometimes, though many threads are better avoided! And of course I was in the JC House Cup, though I still think it is odd that a Star Wars site had a Harry Potter competition!

Plus I have a fan fic on the after the saga fan fiction board (shamelessly screams the title "LIMINAL", hoping to find someone who will read it!)

So, anyways, I find some people on the boards are just crazy, but a lot of them are pretty cool. It's the people that make the boards what they are, and you quickly learn to avoid the crazies!!!!!

The Cleric 007

5. Ton_G

Ton_G Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    Well, some are quite imature, but often nothing beats a good debate. However bashing is not appreciated, though I don't think it can be avoided.

I post: Lit, ACG, EUC, RPG, German General, Games, Classic Trilogy...and occasionaly South Africa!

6. Sniper_Wolf

Sniper_Wolf Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    i think a lot of the people in the JC part act like childish, and gets on my nerves a lot. FF is good, but I've yet to be able to go to a meeting. :(

wolf

7. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    You are all fantastic people and that is why you all get along so well. It is sad that there is so much of flaming and bashing in some forums in the AC. I only venture into the collecting forum and that is it for me.

8. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    FF can be cool, but often boring when i'm not around. Lit's okay.

9. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    Yes, Adam...we all spend our nights twiddling our thumbs and going "Where is Adam? This place is so dead without him!" ;) :p

I love FanForce. I may stray into the JC when I've nothing better to do, but most of the people there are, well, kids. It's very cliquish...

ACG = teh best forum EVER! :D

10. Wraith_18

Wraith_18 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2003
    ACG and Lit, I never go anywhere else, I hear its terrible....

11. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    I don't like the narrow mindnes of certain people, and some of newer users are anoying, they should do more lurking and reading before posting.

12. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    I love the FF forums and fanfic, Lit can be interesting when a decent discussion gets going. EUC has its ups and downs, but can be quite fun.

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002

13. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    Yes, Adam...we all spend our nights twiddling our thumbs and going "Where is Adam? This place is so dead without him!"

With that kind of attitude, you just might make it back into my sig. What i emant was that this place is great, but prone to humourless-droughts. yeah.

14. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    Oh, the highlight of my life! To make it into Adam's sig...is there anything else so prestigous, so worthy of a lifelong pursuit?

There...is that sarcastic and attidutinal (yeah, that's not a word!) for ya?? :p

Boy, I love FanForce...where else could you get away with saying something like that and not be banned for flaming?

15. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    Ha. looks whos back in ta da sig.

16. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    *falls out of chair, she's laughing so hard!* [face_laugh]

17. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    *dies laughing*

18. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    heh heh. all part of the master plan. :p

19. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    Yeah, there's no bitter teenagers in here.

20. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    Speaking on the whole JC thing, they're ripping us off! They have this "HANG THE OPPM!!!" thread, and they're forming this little club and stuff trying to kill OPPM. Of course, OPPM has made an appearance [face_devil] , but still...OPPM hatred has spread across the boards, apparently. I feel kinda sad, cause it isn't an ACG thing anymore...it's like we lost something. I say we should raid the thread! I wonder how they picked up on the OPPM acronym, anyways *glances over at DOY* ;)

21. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Why is everyone looking at me? :p

I'll never forget the guy who when directed to the Hate Thread said "What the hell is that doing in Canada?" :p

I almost cried. It's our acronym. :p

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002

22. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
  23. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Not to burst your guys' bubble, but we were using "OPPM" years ago on our gaming messageboard... it was as hated then as it is now!! :)

On the TFN boards issue, well I enjoy reading them for the most part... for most of the boards I go to on a regular basis I have an unconcious "mental-block" for posters that are nothing but idiots, I just simply ignore what they have to say, unless it takes up more than 5 or so lines, then I will read it just in case they have something intelligent to say... ;) Although those types of people are few and far between, thankfully.

24. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    They're rare cause they're all here in Eastern Canada...like our AT-ST_Driver, for instance. You can learn a lot from his post! ;)

OPPM IS MINE!! I HAD HIM FIRST!!!! HE'S MY ACRONYM! DARN YOU AND YOUR GAMING BOARDS! DARN THEM!!!

(was that intelligent enough, or do I need to dig deeper? ;) lol...)

25. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    I shudder before your wrath... [face_shocked]

;)

Indy

EDIT: I just re-read my post above, and what I meant was that the "un" intelligent-flame-baiting-troll posters are generally few and far between, thankfully... not the intelligent ones! There are plenty of those around!!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.