main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA WHEN and WHERE WE MEET!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TGaines1, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    Troy, did you just sneak in the RCD location and time in that post today?! [face_thinking] I wish I could delete my last one now!! [face_laugh]

2. Sanasi_Mead

Sanasi_Mead Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2010
    Do you all happen to have a saber duel/fight coreogrphy group? I would like to get into that if you do know of one in Richmond.

3. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Not here, we're just kinda more of a laid back group. The boards for years have run slow. Most of us are over at rivercityfanboys.
    I believe there were one or two that practiced the art over there as they've long since gone from here. Few of us left to be honest. Just like to get together every couple months for food and casual Star Wars conversation.

4. Sanasi_Mead

Sanasi_Mead Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2010
    Thanks for the update I will look at the other site.

5. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Reminder for tonight for those of you still interested. I'll be there a little before 7pm. I'll be bringing a Republic Gunship
    as a table topper!

6. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Well, it was James and myself who carried the Star Wars spirit. So many folks come and gone in this forum. By all accounts this is probably the second oldest Star Wars related fan group for Richmond and it would be a shame to see it die. If you lurk these boards, post and get active. As long as I'm around, I'll keep it alive. Star Wars is forever!

7. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    Troy I had fully planned on going to RCD last night, but after reading on the other site that hardly anyone knew about it or was going I was kinda disappointed and didn't think it would be worth the while. I am sorry I didn't let anybody know though. [face_worried]

8. tuskenbmxer

tuskenbmxer Jedi Master

Mar 21, 2005
    Hey everyone...I hate I missed the meeting! I got back a little late from working in Chesapeake, and to top it off, I was thinking that we were going to meet at the SILVER DINER near Short Pump, not the River City Diner on Hugenot like this thread says over and over!! haha! Man, I'll be there next time!

9. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    No problems guys, this site is for the love of Star Wars, the other site for all things SciFi! Share the passion! I really missed seeing you all though. We went over all the good stuff in the lastest Star Wars Insider and had some good discussion on it as well as CV and of course checking out my Republic Gunship. I'd like to see more people at the meetings since the boards have always been kinda slow. I love anything to do with Star Wars as well as other folks who share in it. You can only have an interest in the movies or own you can own a big collection, either way, its cool.

Next meeting is at Champps at Stony Point Shopping Center.
    See further up the thread for details. Bring something for show & tell and I'll bring some kinda table topper. Until we can pull any kind of numbers off this site, I think quarterly meetings are best. Where's our CR? I think he went AWOL! :)

10. tuskenbmxer

tuskenbmxer Jedi Master

Mar 21, 2005
    Sounds good...I was really disappointed that I went to the wrong diner. I look forward to Champps at Stony Point!

11. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    LOL! That musta been a bummer! Hope to see you at the next!

12. tuskenbmxer

tuskenbmxer Jedi Master

Mar 21, 2005
    Yea....but at least I had a good cheeseburger and Oreo milkshake! haha

13. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Yum! I could use one of those about now. Late night Jones and I need some snack! Bowl of Frosted Flakes on tap!

14. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    So ya doin' any more meet-n-eats?

15. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    I doubt it. This board died about two years ago. I tried to resurrect it a year ago but as you can see by the threads, there was no interest. Our April meeting was just Me & Joe, our June meeting was just Me & you, our September meeting was just me so I'd say this place is officially dead, at least for now.

16. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    Well keep me posted if this old dog gets runnin' again.

17. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Would like to start up the quarterly meetings again.... June, September, December,

I'm thinking the 2nd Wednesday of each of those months at the same location.

One central location easy to get to. What comes to mind is Red Robin at Chesterfield Mall.

So, the next meeting will be....

DATE: JUNE 8, 2011 (Wednesday)
    TIME: 7PM

Wear some type of Star Wars shirt so you're easily recognizable.
    Bring something for show & tell if you want. I've brought toys in the past.

18. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Well, due to lack of interest, we'll cancel tonights dinner LOL! Next meeting...

DATE: 9-8-11
    TIME: 7pm

19. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Thinking of wearing my Han Solo costume minus the gunbelt if anyone is coming. This place is dead as a door nail.

20. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Well, I was over at Barnes & Noble last Thursday and went over to Red Robin and no one showed so away I went. Since there's been little to no activity here the past two years now, I'll keep talking to myself! Next "meeting"...

Monday: 12/5/11, 7pm @ RED ROBIN/Chesterfield Mall

21. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    I plan on swinging by if anyone shows, also special note Star Wars EP I The Phantom Menace hits theaters in 3D 2/10/11. need to set that date as well.

22. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    Troy! Keeping this place going huh?

23. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Just me. I try to stop by once or twice a week. No one came out to eat so I did some Christmas shopping. This hole has been dead for virtually two years now if not more. However I remain true to the Star Wars spirit!

24. Sithspawn_3

Sithspawn_3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 23, 2007
    And that's a good thing Troy. I would like to make a dinner outing when the next on is scheduled. We live in Williamsburg now, so the drive would not be that bad. Keep us posted!!

25. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Yeah, I heard you had moved up that way so maybe we can do something around Richmond Airport since its a little closer for you. The best way for me to keep track of you is on Facebook. Happy New Year bro!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.