main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive When Galaxies Collide: A Major AU RPG

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by chanbill5390, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    IC: Jared Rathma
    NPC: Malika Rathma and Alexandra Rathma
    Government building

He was still looking at his family when Stellamarria said, ?We should be getting back to the Temple. We?ve got a lot to do.?

[hl=orange]Yes we most certainly do. [/hl]

He was reluctant to leave it was hard to pull away it meant never seeing them again, hearing their voices, and having social gatherings. So he gritted his teeth and turned towards the docking bay.

Then he softly said, ?Yeah let?s go.?

As he started walking he hoped stellamaria would follow him for change. Then out of blue his mother said, ?Goodbye, son we love you.?

[hl=orange]I can?t stop and look back if I do I fear I?ll change my mind.[/hl]

Jared continued towards the docking bay as tears clouded his sight.

[b]Tag: JediMasterAnne[/b]

2. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Stellamarria Thallis
    Government sector/Jedi Temple, Coruscant

?Yeah let?s go,? Jared said before he turned to go back to the building?s docking bay. Stellamarria started to follow him back to the speeder?she didn?t try to get ahead of him, figuring she?d let him have some space for the moment. Behind them, she heard Alexandria call out:

?Goodbye, son we love you.?

Stellamarria slowed a little, watching Jared for his reaction. To her surprise, and to his credit, he didn?t look back.

With her mind?s focus shifting over to Jared?s training?he had so much to learn, and she only had three months to teach him?Stellamarria was again silent for the trip back to the Temple, and only spoke again as she was climbing out of the speeder after parking in the docking bay. ?We?ll start with a basic tour of the Temple?it?s easy to get lost at first, but once you learn your way around, it shouldn?t be so bad. Afterwards, we?ll see what we can do about getting you a room.? She wasn?t entirely sure how to approach the issue of housing?masters and apprentices traditionally shared an apartment, but Jared wasn?t yet an official member of the Order, and for all she knew, he might prefer to have his own space.

Tag: Lukes_Apprentice

3. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    Government sector/Jedi Temple, Coruscant

They arrived back at the temple from the government sector, without much fanfare.

[hl=orange]All I want to do is go back to the room and let my nerves settle.[/hl]

Then stellamaria said, [i]?We?ll start with a basic tour of the Temple?it?s easy to get lost at first, but once you learn your way around, it shouldn?t be so bad. Afterwards, we?ll see what we can do about getting you a room.?
    [/i]
    He looked at her and raised an eyebrow. He then realized that she didn?t want waste time because she didn?t have a lot of it to train him. He looked at her slightly distracted and said, ?A tour of temple would be a good idea. A separate room is not really all that necessary right now, unless you want your space.?

[hl=orange]I hope my mother and sister are ok.[/hl]

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    OOC: I'm very sorry, but I am formally withdrawing from the game. Ideas are not coming to me, and I am not particularly fond of the direction(s) in which the game is heading, even the ones I have set up (For which I am to blame, I realize). This is not a critique of Chanbill, who has been an excellent GM, nor of the players. It's simply that I no longer feel energized to participate in this game.

My apologies for any inconvenience,
    Darth Ramza

5. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    OOC: To be honest, I have to sympathize with Ramza. I'm not going to withdraw yet, but I really am a bit lost as to where all this is supposed to go, and I'm having trouble motivating myself to post. Aside from that, how many active players do we have left, besides myself and Lukes_Apprentice? Rune hasn't posted in a while, nor has JEDIGUNSHIP, I don't know what happened to all the players we had when the game started...

Like I said, I'm not withdrawing at the moment, just expressing my concerns.

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

?A tour of temple would be a good idea. A separate room is not really all that necessary right now, unless you want your space.?

"Well," she began, "it's not that I need the space, I just don't have anywhere for you to sleep, unless you really want to spend the next three months on my couch." She led him out of the docking bay and back into the Temple proper and switched topics. "As far as the Temple goes, you've already seen what are probably the most important rooms--the Council chambers and the Archives. Any questions about them?"

6. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    OOC: My GAR team of Clones have been sitting around apparently just cleaning their rifles. I have been waiting on JEDIGUNSHIP to kick off the GAR portion of the RP. If he my team does get tagged it would be a miracle for me.

7. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    OOC: The whole reason I haven't been posting was due to not really having anything to work on. The storyline has followed the Jedi characters so much that my character has really become incognito, and just sits there doing nothing because the war seems to be secondary.

8. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    OOC: Well seeing as everything is out in the open. I don't want to go about saying anything hasty, but I agree that I've been finding it hard to post. It is not that I don't want to, but that motivation has been hard to find. I have serious misgivings about doing this, but I feel it is necessary to talk about the problem. It has nothing to do with one person or the GM for that matter. I'm not ready to give up on this idea I suggest that a healthy discussion amongst the players and gm is needed.

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

[i]"Well," Stellamaria began, "it's not that I need the space, I just don't have anywhere for you to sleep, unless you really want to spend the next three months on my couch." She led him out of the docking bay and back into the Temple proper and switched topics. "As far as the Temple goes, you've already seen what are probably the most important rooms--the Council chambers and the Archives. Any questions about them?"[/i]

Jared thought for a minute and said, ?No, I think they are self explanatory. The Archives hold I information on various topic of interest and the council chamber is where the Jedi council meets to make decisions pertinent to Jedi as a whole. At least, that is my perception."

Switching topics he contiued, "As to my sleeping arrangements, I think I can handle sleeping on a couch for a while, but I?m certain something could be figured out a couple days from now.?

He attempted a smile, but a part of his thoughts where still on his family. Yet, he tried not to show it.

9. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    OOC: I whole heartily agree with Lukes, I don't want to give up on this idea either. Even though my Team has not been able to get involved yet, I am still committed to this RP. This concept has major promise and has the potential to be one of the top, long running RPs on this board.

I have no hard feelings towards anyone in this thread, I only posted my last message after reading Ramza withdrawal and the last few nights without sleep. (I have a new born and a two year old.) I hope that we can all work this out.

10. Master_Dmentae

Master_Dmentae Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2006
    OOC: I know that i am not part of this RP, but i am friends with the GM, and he has not been online for quite some time, as i am sure you have noticed. If you wish to discuss between yourselves any querys you may have, please do it in pm's. I know it may be difficult, but this will be closed if it becomes a OOC tangle. I will attempt to make contact with the Gm whenever i can.

Thank you.

11. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    OOC: Okay I know I've been gone a while but I'm back. As for you JEDIGUNSHIP, you are one of my CO-gm's feel free to take over the entire militaristic part of the game, I said near the beginning of the game that I wouldn't be able to handle this whole thing alone. If you guy's want to fight some battles you can;t rely on just one person to throw it out there. It take two sides to start a battle and it's hard for one person to play both sides of it. Gunny if you want to start something with the GAR now I'd be more than willing to help control the enemy side of the conflict. Again sorry for my inactivity but this semester is proving to be really taxing on me. I will do my best to keep this afloat.

12. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    OOC: Did we have any CIS characters going? If we did, I could get a post up on a possible attack, and then I could TAG CPL_Macja's characters. Otherwise, I could always use an NPC to start a conflict.

13. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    IC: Cuyan Team
    212th Attack Battalion Barracks

CT-03/9812, CPL Lex, sat on a footlocker in the center of his three-man bay methodically cleaning his DC-15 blaster carbine. His teammates, CT-79/0408 (PVT Mack) and CT-79/2128 (PVT Cal) were both sleeping on the racks. All three of them were patiently awaiting orders from Commander Cody as to their next mission.

[i]I hope we get an assignment soon,[/i] Lex thought to himself, [i]or I'll be hard pressed to keep Cal from stalking the other shinies in the corridors.[/i] A slight grin came across his face at the mental image that he just got from that thought.

[hr]
    OOC: Cuyan Team is locked and loaded awaiting your orders [b]Gunny[/b].

14. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007
    OOC: Feel free to use an NPC for now.

15. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    OOC: I'll just get a conflict going, then we'll work from there. ;)

16. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Jedi Temple, Coruscant

?No, I think they are self explanatory. The Archives hold information on various topics of interest and the council chamber is where the Jedi council meets to make decisions pertinent to Jedi as a whole. At least, that is my perception. As to my sleeping arrangements, I think I can handle sleeping on a couch for a while, but I?m certain something could be figured out a couple days from now.?

Stellamarria nodded. ?We?ll hold off on getting you a room, then. At least for today. And since you?ve gotten the idea behind the Council and the Archives, we?ll move on.? She led him towards the training rooms next, stopping outside one to watch an initiate of about ten practicing with his lightsaber and a hovering remote. ?These training rooms are most commonly used for instruction and practice of the various forms and techniques of lightsaber combat. When you start training in that area, you?ll begin with something like what he?s doing. If the Council accepts you for further training, you?ll be required to build your own weapon, but for now you?ll start with a training saber before you work with the real thing; we don?t want you losing any limbs.?

17. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Stellamaria said, ?[i]These training rooms are most commonly used for instruction and practice of the various forms and techniques of lightsaber combat. When you start training in that area, you?ll begin with something like what he?s doing. If the Council accepts you for further training, you?ll be required to build your own weapon, but for now you?ll start with a training saber before you work with the real thing; we don?t want you losing any limbs[/i]?.

[hl=orange]I knew they were weapons just not so deadly. I should have guessed based on the name of the weapon.[/hl]

He replied slowly and carefully, ?Yeah I wouldn?t want to lose any limbs. You may find this strange, but I was wondering if you could give me a better definition of the force. I was also wondering what the plan is for moving forward in understanding my vision.?
    [hl=orange]
    Maybe, through understanding of the force I can convince the council that I?m at least a worthy candidate.[/hl]

18. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Jedi Temple, Coruscant

??I was wondering if you could give me a better definition of the force. I was also wondering what the plan is for moving forward in understanding my vision.?

Stellamarria paused for several moments before responding, putting careful thought into how best to explain the Force. ?The Force is an energy field, created by and existing in and around living creatures. Jedi and other Force-sensitives can detect the Force through what are called midi-chlorians, microscopic life-forms found in the cells of all living things. The higher your midi-chlorian count, the more sensitive to the Force you are.

?As far as visions go, they?re not uncommon amongst Jedi, but not everyone has them. We can probe the Force to see what possible futures may lie ahead, but it?s not the same thing. And in the current atmosphere, with the war going on, it?s harder to see the future, and visions are becoming rarer, as the Force becomes more and more clouded.

?I think the easiest way to find better understanding of your vision is through meditation?there are various chambers throughout the Temple specifically for that purpose, though some Jedi?myself included?prefer the gardens in the Room of a Thousand Fountains. Meditation is a vital practice for Jedi; it calms us, allowing us to better understand what the Force might be trying to tell us.?

She looked over to Jared, hoping he?d understood all that. ?Any questions on that??

19. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Are we still running or has this game died?

20. RuneEisahn

RuneEisahn Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 10, 2008
    Sorry for not posting in a while, Darth RL has been kepping me busy.

21. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    OOC: I totally forgot about this game. :oops:

22. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007
    OOC: Paddles....CLEAR!!!! ____________________________________________ Again, CLEAR!!!!_______________________________ Still nothing, No I'm not losing this one CLEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!_____________/\___/\ It's back, but its faint get it on life support.

Hey all I know that this is technically dead, but to those who want to give it another shot, here it is.

23. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    OOC: We could always reboot the storyline. [face_thinking]

24. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007
    I'm open to suggestions, feel free to message me with ideas.

25. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    I vote reboot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.