main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Where are you staying for Celebration II?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by k kanos, Jan 2, 2002.

?

Where are you staying for Celebration II?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Indianapolis Marriott Downtown

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The Westin Indianapolis

14.3%
  3. Embassy Suites

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Omni Severin Hotel

14.3%
  5. Hampton Inn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Adams Mark

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Courtyard by Marriott

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Raddison

14.3%
  9. Comfort Inn

14.3%
  10. Other- ie. parents house, friends, not going to sleep :)

42.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
  2. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    Well guys, I just made my reservations through the fan club today. Let me tell you that just about every hotel in the vicinity of the RCA dome is BOOKED SOLID that is if you don't go through the www.swfan.wizards.com website. Wizards has a certain number of rooms blocked off in each hotel. If you want to stay downtown, you probably need to go through wizards. I tried just about every website they listed on the Celbration II page and there are no vacancies unless you want to pay $178 to room at the Embasy Suites. I waited longer than I anticipated I would. I'm glad I didn't wait any longer. BOOK YOUR ROOM NOW! If not for the location, do it to lock in the rates. Hotels are really having a harder time because of the after math of 9/11. Travel is down and so they are really hurting, so they are jacking up the rates for conventions and such unless a block was reserved and the room rate locked in. Just as an example, Wizards quoted Embassy suites rates at $139 per night. The block rate expired and rates went up almost $40 since November!

Go to www.swfan.wizards.com. Make sure you login first and then Type in keyword "reservations". This is the list of hotel vacancies still available for the convention as of 6:00 p.m. EST 1/2/02:

The Westin Indianapolis
    Has a skywalk to the convention center $159 per night

Omni Severin Hotel
    2 blocks away- Has a skywalk to the convention center $119- $129 per night

Adams Mark hotel
    2-1/2 blocks from convention center $133 per night
    $148- 705 s.f. suite
    $305- 1100 s.f. suite
    (if you are having quite a few people and want to have a party- this is the way to go )

Raddison - 2.5 blocks from convention center $135 per night

Comfort Inn and suites- 2 blocks from convention center $115- $140 per night.

Hampton Inn - 2 blocks from convention center $121-131 per night.

The Marriott and the Courtyard by Marriott are sold out. The Canterbury is sold out. The Embassy Suite rates have skyrocketed.

If you are going to the convention for sure, get the people in your group to commit to a location or get your own room. I personally went with the Westin out of convenience of location and from what I hear are good accomodations. I didn't go to the last Celebration and will most likely not go to the next (unless its in Nashville, TN wishful thinking), so I spent a little more, but its worth it to me. Decide what's right for you, but above all, Do it now before your choices are gone.

I hope this helps May you all have a force-filled New Year!!! :) I hope to see you all there!

3. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    Hyatt Regency Hotel

4. RocketX

RocketX Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2002
    I'm originally from Indianapolis, so maybe I can offer some insight. K Kanos is right. May in Indiana is the Indianapolis 500. The town fills to the brim. There are hotels/motels on 465, but you are going to be at least 10 miles from downtown and still have an issue with parking. Indy has a great downtown, it is worth the extra money to stay downtown. There are also some B&B's in Lockerbie Square and the Old Northside, two neighborhoods within walking distance to downtown, that are comperable in cost to a nicer hotel room. I will probably stay at the Holiday Inn Union Station.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.