main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where can we all hook-up?

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by insane ewok, Dec 18, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kookywookie

kookywookie Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2001
    maybe we need to find something to motivate everyone to go out, like alcohol, as lame as it sounds.
    if we could all met up at a pub on a weekend night, i'd be up for that.

2. Xenomaniac

Xenomaniac Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 8, 2000
    yeah! and you guys can hook me up, cause I can't buy alcohol considering I'm 19 and all...so that sounds good

3. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Sure! I'd love to have the South Region be the first to have people arrested from a meeting for "contributing to the delinquency of a minor." What a distinction. ;)

Seriously, though... the promise of food can usually bring people together. Even renting a movie and ordering pizza is enough to bring a few people out of the woodworks.

4. elanrai

elanrai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    Did someone say pizza? I could have SWORN someone said pizza....

5. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    They have pizza in Nashville, too. ;)

6. elanrai

elanrai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    But if I am driving to GA, I would hope someone there would "spring" for pizza...

:LOL

(Or I could just bring my own... it might be a little cold by the time I got there.. but then again.. cold pizza....)

7. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    If I brought my own to Atlanta, it wouldn't be a little cold, it'd be a little *gone*. ;)

8. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    I am new to the message boards here and I live in Atlanta. I would be very interested in joining up with fellow fans for a get together or club or something. I know there is a group of costumers from the 501st Stormtrooper club, but ya gotta have a costume to join. I don't have one...yet. But I would really like to meet other Star Wars fans. I drive my wife crazy with it (been a fan since I was 3 in '77).

9. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Good to have you aboard. Have you considered attending DragonCon in August/September?

http://www.dragoncon.com

10. Chris Knight

Chris Knight TFN Humor Staff star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    Hey, this is Chris from TF.N staff. I'm in the Atlanta/Athens area on a regular (about once a week) basis, and would LOVE to meet up with fellow fans in the area! Any of y'all know a good joint to congregate around? :)

11. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    I attend DragonCon every year. However, the group I usually go with aren't big Star Wars fans. I am wanting to meet other people who are. I usually go down to the Matters of the Force area, but that is a really tight knit group down there. Perhaps I should try to get on staff with the MoTF track?

12. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    I was thinking, maybe we could all hook up somewhere like Dave & Buster's. They have food, drinks and they have kewl video games (several Star Wars ones). There are 2 locations in the metro area that I know of. There is one off of 85 North and one off of 75 North. Any thoughts on this?

13. Stranded in space

Stranded in space Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2000
    Well, we all probaby got this e-mail, at least I did. But those who didn't, and because i'm board i'm going to post it up anyways. :)

Greetings!

You are receiving this e-mail because you posted on the Atlanta Fan Force
    boards. We won't bother you again (unless you want us to).

We will be having our first meeting on Saturday, May 26th at noon at the Vulkon
    Convention at noon. The Vulkon Convention is taking place at the Atlanta
    Marriott Century Plaza (2000 Century Plaza Blvd, Atlanta) off of Clairmont
    and I-85.

Please meet in the Park Place Lounge in the middle of the hotel. We'll have
    a sign, but if there's a hostess, we'll use the name Skywalker to reserve our
    table.

If you think you'll be able to come, or if you'd be interested in hearing
    about other meetings, please let me know via e-mail or post to the boards.
    Thanks!
    Paula

Okay, there you have it. Hope to see you there. Now all i have to do is find a ride... :)

14. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    Thanks for putting up the e-mail announcement. We sent it to everyone that posted a public e-mail in their profiles. (Big thanks to Jace for putting out the call for a meeting.) At this point, we have six people coming, but would LOVE to have more. Bring your friends who might not frequent these boards.

If you can't make it this Saturday, but want to hear about future meetings, please e-mail me at PRosenb@aol.com.

I think we could have a lot of fun in this town.

15. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    I would like to add to this and ask that people who may be planning to attend to bring their ideas. Ideas for what we want the Atlanta FanForce Chapter to be. A social club only? Charity work? Movie Nights? Discussion group? Bring your thoughts on what you would like to see the Atlanta FanForce be. See you Saturday!

16. Rabe'

Rabe' Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    I guess I'm a little late. [face_plain] I live in Alabama but I am pretty close to ATL. Do I count? :) And how did the meeting go?

17. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    That meeting went well, Rabe. In fact, we've had two more meetings since then, and have just been granted official chapter status. :D

Our next meeting will be on July 21st, at noon. I'm not sure if you are close enough to Atlanta to attend all of our meetings, but you are welcome to join us anytime. :)

If you are interested in attending any of our meetings, feel free to send me a PM. I can give you specifics about meeting location, time, etc.

18. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    You are more than welcome to attend, if you have the courage to drive in.

FYI...there's a board started for Huntsville, Alabama (which might not be any closer to you). Maybe you can get them rolling, as well?

19. Rabe'

Jun 1, 2000
    Thanks! :D I will see about getting to the meeting.

Huntsville is fairly far away from me. I visit there often, but ATL is farther. I am closer to Birmingham. :)

20. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Okay Rabe', I just have to ask...Thong Master of the JC? Does that mean somewhere in a twisted galaxy far, far away there is a Yoda dancing to The Thong Song and wearing a hot pink thong?? I shudder at the thought...

:cool:

21. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    I once pulled someone over whose name was "The Thong" (seriously). I think he was Vietnamese or Cambodian or something. It was a lot of fun running his driver's license and having the dispatcher say his name over the air.

22. Rabe'

Jun 1, 2000
    LOL Hama! [face_laugh]

It is a sick and twisted inside joke that happend in Community. It started in the Official Underwear Thread. [face_laugh] :p

23. Rabe'

Jun 1, 2000
    Will there ever be a meeting elsewhere? I mean not in downtown Atlanta. My mom would have to drive and she is scared to death those places. Too many lanes for her, I guess. *rolls eyes* Just wondering. :)

24. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    Our next meeting (which we need to repost, by the way), will be held this Saturday (the 21st) at noon at the Dave&Busters on I-75 and Delk Road.

Would that be a little easier on your mom? (I can totally relate to not wanting to face those roads.)

25. Rabe'

Jun 1, 2000
    Actually, I-75 and I-85 are what she is scared of. I think I found someone else who may be able to take me tho. Thanks. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.