main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Where Faith Is--A Qui-Gon/OC Jemmiah Chronicles long story--Author's note, 9/21

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    WELCOME TO LURKER APPRECIATION WEEK!

For something rather different, we're going to do a Reader Response Scavenger Hunt!

Here's how it works: I post a clue in all of my current story threads with a link to each of the stories. The clue is based on a reader response. You then find the next clue on that thread and so on and so on. This will last all week and the prize will be of your choosing at the end.

Happy hunting!

So, for the first clue:

In this thread, Lt_Jaina_Solo was declared the Wizard of Awwwwwwwwwwwwwws for the 84 "Awwwws" she has posted in the 2 prequels to the story. Clue will be on first page.

2. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Hmm, Lurker appreciation week is, instead, making everyone a lurker.

3. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I'm here Ish! I have a hard time getting on sometimes on the weekends, but I'll be here bright and early on Monday. :)

4. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Ah, okay. I get very insecure on weekends.

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    "Well, this is unexpected," Leona conceded.

Indeed, it was a long time since anyone had used the Senate Arboretum for an impromptu picnic, much less two Jedi Masters, but the stand of toy wroshyrs that formed the core of the Arboretum provided ample privacy for their purposes.

"You didn't answer your comm all day and then called in for Ishori takeout," she observed. "Might I guess that Obi-Wan's stomach didn't take too well to the medication?"

"It might have," Qui-Gon admitted, "except he didn't get that far before changing our dinner plans."

"Hmm," she sighed. "I'll have to check on him..."

"No."

"Just for a moment so I can ensure..."

"No."

Her skewer fell from her fingers into the carton of braised nerf and she set that down as well to let her arms be free to fold over her chest in a no-nonsense manner.

"All right," she said quietly. "What's bothering you?"

He regarded her with equal frankness. "Can't we be afforded ten minutes without thinking about work?"

Instead of the expected glower, she smiled slightly. "As soon as you and your Padawan go ten minutes without needing a Healer..."

"Point taken," he grumbled, "but it's your birthday and you shouldn't be spending your energy on work."

"But you want me to be happy, so allowing me the occasional rumination is permissible," she argued. "It's not a bad thing..."

"I know," Qui-Gon interrupted. "Sulking is of the Dark Side. I've used the same lecture on my Padawan often enough."

She sagged back to lean more comfortably against the tree, eyes closed, breathing becoming more regular. "We both need a holiday," she admitted at last.

"Not so," Qui-Gon protested. "Remember our last holiday on Urior?"

The smile twisted slightly, but did not disappear, thankfully. "I'll make sure there are no pirates on mine," she assured him. "I wouldn't even have to leave the Temple, just lock Dimallie in her room and use up all the hot water."

"There's that wicked streak of yours," he commended. "You wouldn't even invite me along?"

"Hmm," she sighed. "Pass me a julaberry torte and I'll let you know."

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Sorry for the short post, was having issues with the brain required to do this today, so I got out what I could.

7. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    "As soon as you and your Padawan go ten minutes without needing a Healer..."

ROFLOL!!!!!!!

A short but perfectly formed post, Ish! :) Glad to see Leona getting her point across so deftly: but the big fella's right - she's got to learn to switch off. Loved the idea of locking Dimallie away and using up all the water! :)

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Thanks, Jemmy. I found you a lurking fan last night--I was talking to MiaTieska about this story and she started rambling about how much she loved the Chronicles and wanted to write for them, but hadn't caught up... Anyway, the whole crew of us is randomly loved by my friend April.

In the meantime, very glad you liked the post, short though it was. I've got free time tonight, which is when I hope to have a formative rather than establishing post.

9. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    I love Leona's wicked streak!

I have to agree with her though. A perfect holiday is locking yourself in the bathroom and using up all the hot water. (a tub, bubbles, chocolate, and Snordle) :D

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes, snordle...

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Finally playing catch up.

Oohh, poor Siri. Though she does get to have Simeon take cre of her. That's not always a bad thing. Patches Khe huh? OSunds like a story behind that. LOL.

"There's that wicked streak of yours," he commended. "You wouldn't even invite me along?" As if he wouldn't know the answer to that. LOL!! :D :D

12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Healer_Leona--Finally playing catch up.

Cool.

Oohh, poor Siri. Though she does get to have Simeon take cre of her. That's not always a bad thing. Patches Khe huh? OSunds like a story behind that. LOL.

It's Sira, but she is fortunate to have Simmy taking care of her. Patches Khe comes from Swings and Roundabouts, when Li is mistaken for the famous singer Patches and has to sing a concert at blasterpoint because Patches never showed up. Unfortunately, she was in front of 17,000 people and her bikini top fell off when she was bowing. Ever since, Li's nickname has been Patches.

"There's that wicked streak of yours," he commended. "You wouldn't even invite me along?" As if he wouldn't know the answer to that. LOL!!

LOL, exactly.

13. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Catching up as well...

Probably nothing. If this girl were any older, it would be a matter of shoot first and ask questions later.

LOL! That's Rela perfectly! [face_laugh]

Great start, Ish! :)

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, thanks, Miana.

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    "I want my Master!"

An-Paj was frankly amazed that he could still have patience after hearing this protestation for the thirty-seventh time in three hours.

"Your Master," he calmly informed the squirming thirteen-year-old, "is undergoing the same vaccinations. It's all equal."

"She doesn't have a meanie for a Healer!"

A lesser man might have simply jabbed the hypodermic into the nearest vein and sent the ungrateful wench on her way, but he was not that sort of man.

"I don't suppose you can help?" he murmured.

"Oh, no," Simeon said with a smirk. "It's much more effective if I just send you patient vibes."

"Well, while you're sending vibes, perhaps you could tell Padawan Ukher a story."

This was the one duty that he tended to complain about the most, but after the fifth time he'd heard the "fostering an appropriate bedside manner" lecture, he'd begun to submit to that assignment with a roll of his eyes and a slight grin.

"Well," he said, settling into the chair next to the examining table, "I have a friend who was on a mission with his Master when another friend commed him. He said, 'Sorry, but your dinko just died.' My friend said, 'That's terrible! Couldn't you have at least broken it to me gently?' 'How so?' his friend asked. 'Well, you could have said that my dinko was on the roof. Then a few days later, you could have commed to say that my dinko had fallen off the roof and was in the hospital. Then, you could have said it was getting worse and finally, you could have told me that it died.' 'All right, I'm sorry and I'll remember that next time.' Well, after he came back from the mission, he got Knighted and was sent on another mission with a different partner. Two days later, this same friend commed and said, 'I'm sorry, but your Master is on the roof!'"

Ukher restrained her laugh, but just barely. "That's not nice!"

"Of course it's nice," Simeon protested. "And it's true, too!"

"No it's not!"

"Oh, no?" Simeon grinned. "Just ask An-Paj. It was his dinko!"

An-Paj gave a roll of the eyes himself, then patted the girl's shoulder. "All done," he pronounced. "You can go wait for your Master outside."

The hypodermics went in the disposal and Simeon stood, stretching languidly. "I think I'll go hunt down victim 38, then see if Gethin needs any help."

"Of course," An-Paj sighed. "Who is victim 38?"

A smirk took over Simeon's mouth. "One of your favorites. I'll send her in."

It was not pleasant business, but all Initiates becoming Padawans were required to undergo a series of innoculations. Their Masters needed boosters of the same innoculations. Like it or not, the seventeen injections were the most sure way to prevent some of the more deadly diseases known to mankind.

And like it or not, there were only five Healers with enough training to take care of the two hundred aforementioned Jedi.

At least there are only three more on my roster.

A shadow fell over him and he beckoned the next patient in as he set out the hypodermics.

The patient took one look at the long needles and began to sway unsteadily.

"I want my Master."

Thus spoke Jedi Master Ana Majav in the moment before she hit the floor.
    "Vampire.

"Heartless Sithspawn.

"Kriffin' vrelt.

Snotrag."

Gethin shook his head. "I don't care how many insults you use on me, Gleshan, you're still not getting out of your checkup."

"I don't mind your sucking it out," Jemmiah reasoned, nodding at the syringes, "but do you have to add insult to injury by putting something back in?"

"It'll make you feel better?"

"Thanks for the vote of confidence," she said with a huff. "I now have every confidence..."

"If you unfolded those pretty arms of yours," he interrupted, "I might be able to make some headway."

"Not a chance in the nine Corellian hells," she declared triumphantly. "You'll just have to forget about the shoot-up and do the rest of the exam while I'm still in a cooperative mood."

"Since you never will be," Gethin said patiently, "I'll

16. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Hahahhahahahahah Oh I feel sorry for any healer having to give Jemmiah shots :p

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL! Thanks for being the first response, for responding at all. ::Hugs.::

18. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    LOL!! It's like one of those nature shows...

HOST: If we listen closely we may just hear the sound of a wounded Jedi.

*Off in the distance* I WANT MY MASTER!

Fabulous Ish! [face_laugh]

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, great comparison.

20. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Ooooh! Innoculations are such a source of amusement! (unless you're the poor soul on the receiving end!) ROFLOL at all the masters and padawans alike who, tough Jedi or otherwise, prove to be just as normal as everyday persons when it comes to being jabbed! :D The joke was very Simeon indeed! And I loved the conversation between Jemmy and Gethin...just enough to show the former attraction bubbling under the surface. LOLOL when she took her shot at him below belt! And the professional but good-natured banter was excellant. "Still in love with me", indeed! That sounds like Gethin.

Old Bluebutt - ROFLOL! Of course, having saved her life once I doubt Gethin would want Jemmy to go elsewhere for her checkups. She'd probably just tell him the doctor was better looking than him and that would put his nose out of joint! :D

Excellant post! And Depa stole the show at the end, lol!

21. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Jemmiah--[i[Ooooh! Innoculations are such a source of amusement! (unless you're the poor soul on the receiving end!) ROFLOL at all the masters and padawans alike who, tough Jedi or otherwise, prove to be just as normal as everyday persons when it comes to being jabbed! The joke was very Simeon indeed! And I loved the conversation between Jemmy and Gethin...just enough to show the former attraction bubbling under the surface. LOLOL when she took her shot at him below belt! And the professional but good-natured banter was excellant. "Still in love with me", indeed! That sounds like Gethin.[/i]

I've learned from long experiences with doctors that adults can be the biggest babies. And needles make a coward out of everyone. The joke is the first one that I was able to translate into Spanish and I like it a lot. Glad there was the bubbling. It did sound like Gethin...

Old Bluebutt - ROFLOL! Of course, having saved her life once I doubt Gethin would want Jemmy to go elsewhere for her checkups. She'd probably just tell him the doctor was better looking than him and that would put his nose out of joint!

LOL, yes, that does sound like what Jemmy would do.

Excellant post! And Depa stole the show at the end, lol!

I was tempted to make it Mace, but thought he'd been tortured enough in every other JeChr story!

22. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    *Rubs arm subconsciously* Ug... I had to get 4 shots at once last year. I have no sympathy for them getting one shot. :p

23. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    The dinko story was great!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Miana Kenobi--*Rubs arm subconsciously* Ug... I had to get 4 shots at once last year. I have no sympathy for them getting one shot.

When I became a missionary, they make you get all your shots and my doctor fouled up, so I had to get 6 when I got to the Missionary Training Center that first day.

Healer_Leona--The dinko story was great!!

I love the cat-on-the-roof/Master-on-the-roof joke.

25. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    It isn't the ones in the arm that hurt so much...the ones in the arse on the other hand...

Do you suppose the Masters use the threat of innoculations to get their charges back in line? "If you don't come out of that tree right now, not only will you fall and break your arm, but I'll ask An-Paj to give you a booster shot or two for good measure!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.