main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where to hold C4 poll

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by jediseanUF, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Vegas is trying to get away from its image as only a gambling . . among other things town.

It might be interesting to do a convention there.

But I really liked the set up at Indy. They just need to do some better "crowd control" and not have certain things in certain places.

But the hotels attacted right to the convention center was a real plus.

2. ewok78

ewok78 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2005
    When i was at C3 i heard of from an actor's agent Las Vegas ....

3. Master_Devwi

Master_Devwi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2004
    That's the proglem. For people on the East coast, the West coast is too far. But for those like me on the West coast, the East coast is too far. Some people are going to have to travel far, but no one wants to be the one to do it. Everyone would love to have C4 held in the city they live in, (including me) but only a few people are going to get what they want. It's Lucasfilm's decision, not ours, so I'm not going to worry about it. Hopefully (if C4 is going to happen) the date and location will be announced sometime in the next month. :D

4. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I wouldn't mind traveling to Las Vegas for C4 [face_devil] and I am on the east coast.

I hope an announcement is coming soon. I am kind of getting the CIII blues again.

5. Jedi9181

Jedi9181 Jedi Master star 1

May 2, 2005
    I also am from the East Coast, in fact North East, I could really care less where it is. All I want to know is Where and When. No matter where it is, I'll be there.

But if everyone else is going to chime in with places closer to them, so will I.

Connecticut Convention Center in Hartford, CT.

Would be great. Never Will Happen. So for the love of the maker, WHERE and WHEN!!!!!

6. hairlesswookie

hairlesswookie Jedi Master star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    I'm from NM and to be honest, I don't mind where they have it. Denver was nice because that was an 8 hour drive from us. Indy was fine too because all I had to do was hop on a plane and we were there later that day, no big deal. This also gave me the opportunity to visit a great city and state that I had never been to before. We still have a year and a half(At least) before they hold the convention. So if money is a problem, my best advice is to start saving up right now...bust out with some yard sales, go donate plasma, work OT, mow some lawns, whatever it takes, because you can never have too much $$ at a Convention!! :D
    Hope to see you all there, I'm already getting pumped!!!

7. ewok78

Jun 20, 2005
    I am in paris, france so i don't minf if it will happen on the west or east !!!!

8. m_Lord

m_Lord Jedi Youngling

Nov 21, 2005
    Look for an announcement in two weeks. If it doesn't happen then, I'll go back to my source.

9. ewok78

Jun 20, 2005
    A dark source !!

10. woppo

woppo Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2004

Maybe a "super" source ;)

11. ewok78

Jun 20, 2005
    What kind of souce ??

Hope it will announce C4 !!

12. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    What kind of an anouncement? And, how would we know if you're really telling us something reliable?

13. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    Indy, St. Louis, Chicago are my votes! For driving, I think I like Indy the best out of the three, but any of those...I'm smack in the middle of those. But, if I could save enought money, I wouldn't mind going anywhere else to attend--I would not want to miss it for anything! Vegas would be nice--the last time I was there, I wasn't even old enough to stand by the slot machines...so this time I could at least have some fun![face_dancing]

14. m_Lord

m_Lord Jedi Youngling

Nov 21, 2005
    Just passing on what my friend (who is a close associate with one of the LFL event planners) said. I, like you, will have to wait to hear how much info they release at that time. They are definately keeping this one close to the chest. I did hear there will be TWO big announcements though, one a week after the other.

15. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004

Realllyyyyy????? You wouldn't happen to have any inside info on this, would you M_Lord? The hype is starting to build!!! I can't wait!!! I hope your sources are correct, for your sake. The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am. ;)

Eli - VaderFanForever

16. sithmastersaul

sithmastersaul Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2005
    well i flew from california to indy it was okey but the rain killed me i got sick and had to leave early.i guess i wouldnt mind going back.

my choices

san francisco(skywalker ranch is just down the road)

dan diego-nice weather but it is a little expensive

las vegas-but it has a crime rate that is on the rise for tourist

washington d.c. is out top murder rate in the country

texas might be nice but maybe to hot

have it at disney world in florida[face_cowboy]

i just dont want gen con doing it i mean i got so wet i almost drowned my clothes got wet and it was a mess the guy infront of me said denver was just as bad and they screwed the hyperspace members over i was number 4 in line i was on the stairs by the door and when i got to the store there was over 500 people in line already and everyone was only supposed to get 4 vader people got cases of them.so gencon sucks

17. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    St. Louis is my choice and not only because I am from St. Louis.
    We have a huge somewhat new convention center. We handled the Pope for God's sake. We have the Final Four every year. There are tons of hotels downtown and our riverfront is only a couple of blocks from the downtown area. The riverfront has tons of bars and we have gambling boats. We have an improving transit system. You can ride the metrolink system free in the downtown area. We have tons of other sightseeing stuff mostly free(including our #1 rated Zoo) to do if you really want to drag yourself away from C4. We are smack dab in the middle of the country (more or less). You can even take the metrolink from the airport to downtown for less than $2.00. Of couse I am biased as I love St. Louis. We are a big city with that small town feel.

18. jed1Yoda

jed1Yoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 29, 2004
    Ok, a little over 2 weeks now.. have you went back to your source?

19. joesdomain

joesdomain Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2006
    The best possible city is Indianapolis! Central, many interstates going through it, many attractions and things to do besides Celebration, a Convention Center attached to RCA Dome. If they did it right and scheduled it to include RCA Dome they could have over 1,000,000 Sq ft. to do things in. I loved Celebration III in Indy! It was a hour from my home. I missed Celebration II due to college. Indianapolis has Circle Center Mall, Indianapolis Zoo, Indiana State Mususem, NCAA Hall of Champions, Children's Musuem, White River Gardens, Indianapolis Musuem of Art. They have lots of hotels and resturants!

20. IowaSabre

IowaSabre Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    My Vote is for INDIANAPOLIS

West Coast has Comic-Con EVERY YEAR and Disneyland

East Coast has Star Wars Weekends at Disneyworld all the time.

INDY is CENTRAL! My only other sugestion would be Chicago, as it would cut down on connecting flights from those arriving from Europe or Asia. :cool:

21. Ulfor-Bombaasa

Ulfor-Bombaasa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2006
    I agree! Indy is the way to go. I've been to all three Celebrations - Denver was a complete disaster in comparison with the two held at Indy. Why mess with success?

22. joesdomain

Feb 14, 2006
    I agree! Why mess with changing the location! They could lease the RCA Dome with the Indiana Convntion Center and have little problems with space. There is still 2-3 openings available in April and May 2007 that they can put their name in for a 4-day convention. I checked myself. Dustin who contributes to theforce.net said he checked the convention website and said it was full. He was wrong! Plenty of days available! Indianapolis for Celebration IV in 2007!!! Who-ha!

23. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Well if there is openings now in Indy and they can make it happen I will be one happy camper. :)

I will be keeping a good thought for this one.

24. buzz57

buzz57 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    It's got to be Indianapolis, everybody that went to C2, and C3 knows the area. Why mess with a good thing. And maybe this time I could get a closer motel.

25. joesdomain

Feb 14, 2006
    There is plenty of reasons to have Celebration IV back in Indianapolis. Crossroads of America is the state's motto refering to I-65, I-69, I-70, and I-74 going through the city and I-465 circling the city. at least 30,000 hotel, motel, and Inn rooms in the area. The NCAA Championship is here in 2006 at RCA Dome. That will have 80,000 fans. The Lucas Oil Stadium is under construction to replace the RCA Dome and that will be done by August, 2008. Then the RCA Dome is going down and the Indiana Convention Center is being expanded so it will have over 1 million square feet of space. That will be done in 2010. Indianapolis is the only practical central city with a large convention center to hold a Celebration. Cities like Dallas, Orlando, New York, Boston, Washington DC, San Diego, San Fransico, Oakland, Las Vegas, and Los Angelos are not central and put a travel burden on alot of people. Indy is the best true choice. Go Indy for 2007!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.