main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where's Sallah?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by WarioLoaf, Jun 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    I have to think if Indy 5 is a go we will see him in there. Can you imagin the fans reaction to that?

2. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    Ding! And while I love KOTCS, I think we'd all love to see the Raiders/Crusade style movie with Indy, Marion, and Sallah. That would be great fun.

3. Lurking_Around

Lurking_Around Jedi Knight star 6

May 26, 2002
    Sallah only appears in odd-numbered installments. Which will fit perfectly when the fifth film returns to the Middle East in search of a Muslim relic, following the natural "odd-numbered movies" progression from Judaism to Christianity to Islam.

As a Muslim ,I can't think of any Islamic relic like the Ark or the Holy Grail. Still, interesting idea.

[face_thinking]

4. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    This would have been his new line had he been in Crystal Skull.

It's a joke, your supposed to laugh.

5. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    John Rhys-Davies made outrageous salary demands, if I remember correctly. That is probably a huge reason why he wasn't in it.

-TJ

6. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    win!

7. TPOJ

TPOJ Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2008
    Not with Mac dead and Oxley too old.

Since their making of fifth movie (at some point...I hope) the Indy should have Mutt, Marion, Salah and Shortroung (SOMEHOW!) with him.

8. General_BlackLegion

General_BlackLegion Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2004
    Sallah only worked with Indy in the Middle-Eastern places. For instance, Raiders of the Lost Ark was set around the Egyptian/Middle Eastern area and The Last Crusade ended around modern-day Jordan (Petra the filming location is at Jordan) so Sallah had perfect sense to be there as well. Since Indy 4 was at South America, Sallah was not really needed (logically speaking) for the movie. Unless Indy 5 was at the Middle-East, I doubt Sallah will return.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.